Kim Petras

Main Pop Girl

feature-kim-petras-women-in-music-billbo

Since it seems like the FTB era is already over (:yeah:), I wanted to make a thread for Kim stans to discuss whatever she's doing next!

The music video for When We Were Young with David Guetta is out! The video is really cool and even though the song isn't my favourite, I think it could be a hit for her given how popular samples are these days. What do y'all think?

• YAAASSS 1

nnn ngl I hate this song.

At first I was like 'yeah the verses are okay' but that David Guetta production... gee, I swear they get worse. First the two Bebe tracks (I'm Good will always be insufferable to me, but One in a Million was better), although that keyboard-driven chorus production is still not it for me.

Plus in this track I find the sample sort of... out of place? I don't know, it's a no for me.

I don't know what to expect from her, she seems to be very prolific and I've been replaying both Feed the Beast and Problématique (with their outtakes) like crazy so I don't think I'd want a drastically different sound from her in her next project, whenever it comes, whatever it is. I just wish David Guetta stays away from her :cackle: 

lowkey I hope the rest of Candy leaks soon so I can add it to my library. As it's still incomplete I don't play it and I know there are a couple true bops in it.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

nnn ngl I hate this song.

At first I was like 'yeah the verses are okay' but that David Guetta production... gee, I swear they get worse. First the two Bebe tracks (I'm Good will always be insufferable to me, but One in a Million was better), although that keyboard-driven chorus production is still not it for me.

Plus in this track I find the sample sort of... out of place? I don't know, it's a no for me.

I don't know what to expect from her, she seems to be very prolific and I've been replaying both Feed the Beast and Problématique (with their outtakes) like crazy so I don't think I'd want a drastically different sound from her in her next project, whenever it comes, whatever it is. I just wish David Guetta stays away from her :cackle: 

lowkey I hope the rest of Candy leaks soon so I can add it to my library. As it's still incomplete I don't play it and I know there are a couple true bops in it.

Somehow I like this one a lot more than I'm Good, which I just found so grating :cry: But I still know she's capable of a lot more! I hope she keeps up her constant releases so we have something new to bop to soon <3 

• Like 1