Jump to content

Post a flop (or unreleased) song that changed your Life !


Deadly Nightshade

Recommended Posts

We all have them, from time to time.. those moments when we find ourselves getting tingles from and resonating with a song that sometimes actively imbues a total epiphany and the willpower to make (then stick to) a complete change in life..

a flop song that a label has put money behind and actively promotes but the world does not like (or even a song that gets written + recorded but for various reasons nobody even bothers to release at all).. then nothing and the song then either sinks and/ or completely vanishes without trace.

This is one of mine.. I would love it to become a solo vehicle for Perrie Edwards at some future point:

What’s one of yours?

Please try and link on YouTube (whenever possible) and if you think your track would work better being introduced to the public as a vehicle for another artist, feel free to say which one.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deadly Nightshade changed the title to Post a flop (or unreleased) song that changed your Life !
12 minutes ago, blonde-rebellion said:

Looking For Love In The Wrong Place by Florrie makes me want to make music, it's SO good and the fact that it wasn't officially released is criminal 

 

Indeed, it does sound like a strong track. Sometimes it just comes down to internal politics 🤷🏼‍♀️. Tbh I have heard weaker Xenomania produced material than this, that did get released (Unperfect I’m looking at you 👀).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooo now I like the idea of this thread! There's so many unreleased music that has impacted my life one way or another. 

Now this is and isn't necessarily unreleased. Imma try to explain this the best I can. 

It's late November 2016. American rapper Wiz Khalifa is introduced as being a performer at Mnet Asian Music Awards (aka MAMA for those that don't know). It was announced he would he performing a rendition of his smash hit 'See You Again' (originally released in March 2015 with American singer-songwriter Charlie Puth) with an A-List K-Pop singer. There were rumors about who it could be for about a week, until someone who works at MAMA (could be someone else, but I think I remember hearing something about it being a crew member or somebody) shared a video of the rehearsal for the performance. It was revealed to be South Korean singer TAEYEON of the group Girls' Generation (or SNSD for which they are known as in Korea). 

It's now December 2nd, 2016. It shocked everyone when Wiz Khalifa took to the stage by himself and used a backing track of Charlie Puth's vocals. 

After the performance, Wiz Khalifa went on to Twitter to say that TAEYEON had to back out of the performance because someone from her team told him that she had to go to the hospital. Turns out that wasn't true. TAEYEON actually backed out of performing the song because during the rehearsal they used a backing track with no backing vocals (meaning it was just the instrumental playing). TAEYEON's team wanted her to sing loud enough so that her voice would cover the backing vocals being used and because of this mixup her team couldn't approve of the performance. 

What triggers me is the fact that Wiz wasn't even told of TAEYEON having backing out of the performance until like 20 minutes before he was supposed to appear on stage. 

Anyways, DJ Bonics, a long time DJ who works with Wiz Khalifa was kind enough to share a 20 second snippet of the cover, which would've been used for the performance, to his Instagram. This happened I think like maybe a day or two later. 

Then in May 2017 about 5 months later, DJ Bonics announced he would be sharing the cover on a radio station. Well he did stick to his word, but the cover was ultimately ruined with really obnoxious watermarks all over TAEYEON'S parts. Like seriously was was even the point of sharing it then? 

Anyways, imma link everything here, I hope y'all enjoyed this lil music history lesson, imma also link the article I read which explained everything better so in case y'all want to read it cause truth be told I might've missed something or got something wrong. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/taeyeon-wiz-khalifa-fight-mama-2016/

Here is a filtered unwatermarked: https://youtu.be/EJ7O5DfyJAo

Here is the tagged HQ version: https://krakenfiles.com/view/J0PYSxc4Kr/file.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Oooo now I like the idea of this thread! There's so many unreleased music that has impacted my life one way or another. 

Now this is and isn't necessarily unreleased. Imma try to explain this the best I can. 

It's late November 2016. American rapper Wiz Khalifa is introduced as being a performer at Mnet Asian Music Awards (aka MAMA for those that don't know). It was announced he would he performing a rendition of his smash hit 'See You Again' (originally released in March 2015 with American singer-songwriter Charlie Puth) with an A-List K-Pop singer. There were rumors about who it could be for about a week, until someone who works at MAMA (could be someone else, but I think I remember hearing something about it being a crew member or somebody) shared a video of the rehearsal for the performance. It was revealed to be South Korean singer TAEYEON of the group Girls' Generation (or SNSD for which they are known as in Korea). 

It's now December 2nd, 2016. It shocked everyone when Wiz Khalifa took to the stage by himself and used a backing track of Charlie Puth's vocals. 

After the performance, Wiz Khalifa went on to Twitter to say that TAEYEON had to back out of the performance because someone from her team told him that she had to go to the hospital. Turns out that wasn't true. TAEYEON actually backed out of performing the song because during the rehearsal they used a backing track with no backing vocals (meaning it was just the instrumental playing). TAEYEON's team wanted her to sing loud enough so that her voice would cover the backing vocals being used and because of this mixup her team couldn't approve of the performance. 

What triggers me is the fact that Wiz wasn't even told of TAEYEON having backing out of the performance until like 20 minutes before he was supposed to appear on stage. 

Anyways, DJ Bonics, a long time DJ who works with Wiz Khalifa was kind enough to share a 20 second snippet of the cover, which would've been used for the performance, to his Instagram. This happened I think like maybe a day or two later. 

Then in May 2017 about 5 months later, DJ Bonics announced he would be sharing the cover on a radio station. Well he did stick to his word, but the cover was ultimately ruined with really obnoxious watermarks all over TAEYEON'S parts. Like seriously was was even the point of sharing it then? 

Anyways, imma link everything here, I hope y'all enjoyed this lil music history lesson, imma also link the article I read which explained everything better so in case y'all want to read it cause truth be told I might've missed something or got something wrong. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/taeyeon-wiz-khalifa-fight-mama-2016/

Here is a filtered unwatermarked: https://youtu.be/EJ7O5DfyJAo

Here is the tagged HQ version: https://krakenfiles.com/view/J0PYSxc4Kr/file.html

I find stories like this fascinating and salacious in equal parts. Thanks for sharing with us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

I find stories like this fascinating and salacious in equal parts. Thanks for sharing with us.

It's honestly one of my favorite stories to tell lmao! I think I shared it on here before maybe like twice in the past year or so? But, this time I went all out in detail! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fifth Harmony - All Again

Was my grail back in 2018 when the snippet leaked. Resonated deep with something I was going through. My mom was dating a total creep at the time it leaked, and my phone was taken away. I was so excited to see it finally out there when I got it back. Looped it the whole night, and after that day, things got better and better for that specific situation.

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debut (and flop) single from someone whose next single would later go on to hit No.1, from a parent album that would also later go on to hit No.1.  I have always much preferred this flop single that preceded all of that and live for the slow-burn structural build up that finally reaches a crescendo in the middle #8

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly Porcelain Black kinda had a major influence on me. I stumbled upon her music in here and when i checked her out, Naughty Naughty was a song I was highly familiar with and the whole mannequin factory album deserved better. But what I love most about Porcelain was her entire persona. She was almost like a "freak" and she just embraced it and didn't gaf about being different. It kinda boosted my self confidence in a way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Violetbud said:

When I tell you this song got me through my first year at boarding school: 

And then when I tell you this song got me through my first year of college and was the first 'grail' I ever possessed: 

 

You have great taste! I love Aly & AJ's unreleased music! Especially from the 'Hothouse' sessions, when they tried to rebrand as '78Violet', which I honestly was rooting for as I truly loved the new sound from them! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2023 at 5:13 AM, Crystal <3 said:

Honestly Porcelain Black kinda had a major influence on me. I stumbled upon her music in here and when i checked her out, Naughty Naughty was a song I was highly familiar with and the whole mannequin factory album deserved better. But what I love most about Porcelain was her entire persona. She was almost like a "freak" and she just embraced it and didn't gaf about being different. It kinda boosted my self confidence in a way.

It's actually because of Ashley Tisdale that I discovered Porcelain Black. Back in 2015-2016 ish, I was obsessed with Ashley's 2009 sophomore album 'Guilty Pleasure' and I favorited 'How Do You Love Someone' and I remember finding Porcelain's live cover version on YouTube (it might be a demo, but I think someone on here said her demo never actually leaked so idk) and just really liked her version! It was more rock influenced and the piano intro was so beautiful! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...