Miranda Cosgrove - Unreleased (Info + Masterpost)

Kipper

This is both an infopost and masterpost for the best person ever, Miranda Cosgrove. She had a successful but short-lived music career from 2007 to 2011, releasing one album and two EPs, as well as a few extras on the official iCarly soundtracks. I haven’t been able to find much about her unreleased catalogue beyond what’s registered, but here’s everything in one place. Please let me know if anything should be added or changed!

About You Now - Sparks Fly (2008-2010)

• “2 Weeks” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove and Lauren Christy. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 891034986.
  • “Beautiful You” - Written by Tamara Dunn and Matthew Wilder. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 323355473.
  • “Boyfriend” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Lauren Christy, Graham Edwards, and Scott Spock. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 323578410.
  • “Get on My Side” - Written by Desmond Child, Lauren Christy, and Miranda Cosgrove. Registered in BMI with Work # 12609792.
  • “Hoodie Girls” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Dave Katz, and Sam Hollander. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 881120398.
  • “I Just Want You to Know” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Arama Brown, and Toby Gad. The song was leaked in January 2020. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 880851557.
  • “Life’s a Contradiction (Stranger than Fiction)” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Toby Gad, and Lindy Robbins. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 880851554.
  • “Month of Sundays” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Shelly Peiken, and Wally Gagel. It has the same credits as “Headphones On” from the iCarly: Music from and Inspired by the Hit TV Show soundtrack. Registered in BMI with the Work ID 11470391.
  • “See You in Another Life” - Written by Jeff Cohen, Dan James, and Leah Haywood. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 880509051; Miranda used to be listed as the performer.
  • “Sugar” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Lauren Christy, Graham Edwards, and Scott Spock. Registered in BMI with the Work ID 47914680.
  • “The One I Love to Hate” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Toby Gad, and Lindy Robbins. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 880851555.
  • “We’re Not Done Yet” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Lauren Christy, Graham Edwards, and Scott Spock. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 910066651.
  • “Who We Are” - Written by Lauren Christy, Graham Edwards, Scott Spock, and Miranda Cosgrove. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 533053375.
  • “Zoo” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove, Livvi Franc, and Toby Gad – Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 880851556.

High Maintenance (2011) and onwards

• “Love Bites” - Written by Miranda Cosgrove and Dave Sitek. Registered in ASCAP with the Work ID 886129334.
  • "Sweet Escape (King and Queen)" - Written by Mario Marchetti, Gino Barletta, and Miranda Cosgrove. Miranda recorded this song in February 2013. Marchetti confirmed the title when asked about it on Instagram. Registered in BMI with the Work # 18364797.

Demos/Alternate versions

• “Adored” (Rough Mix) – Miranda posted this on her Myspace page in early 2009 but soon took it down. It’s mixed differently than the final version from Sparks Fly.

Masterpost:

This includes the following:

• "I Just Want You to Know"
  • "Adored" (Rough Mix)
  • Claude Kelly - "All Kinds of Wrong" (Writers demo)
  • Destinee & Paris - "BAM" (Writers demo)
  • Avril Lavigne - "Daydream" (Writers demo - Snippet 1)
  • Avril Lavigne - "Daydream" (Writers demo - Snippet 2)
  • Kesha - "Disgusting" (Writers demo V1)
  • Kesha - "Disgusting" (Writers demo V2)
  • Bonnie McKee - "Sayonara" (Writers demo v1)
  • Bonnie McKee - "Sayonara" (Writers demo v2)
  • Claude Kelly - "Sparks Fly" (Writers demo for "Kissing U")
  • Bonnie McKee - "There Will Be Tears" (Writers demo)
Edited by Kipper
Formatting, added writers demos
  • Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, Volcanion said:

Destinee and Paris have a demo of BAM, and if you really want it complete, Avril’s demo of Daydream (snippet) is out there too!

Never knew about that BAM demo, I've added it!

Could anyone link the best available files for Daydream? I remember there are a couple snippets, of varying qualities. I really, really hope we get to hear Avril's version in full glory one day😭 Praying that UMS gets the same 20 year treatment as Let Go and we get it as a bonus track, like with "Breakaway"!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kipper said:

Never knew about that BAM demo, I've added it!

Could anyone link the best available files for Daydream? I remember there are a couple snippets, of varying qualities. I really, really hope we get to hear Avril's version in full glory one day😭 Praying that UMS gets the same 20 year treatment as Let Go and we get it as a bonus track, like with "Breakaway"!

here's what i have

https://krakenfiles.com/view/58s70uKJlQ/file.html

https://krakenfiles.com/view/KK79FI7Ria/file.html

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Kesha wrote "Disgusting" therefore it's a writers demo. Sorry if I worded that wrong. My bad! 🤣😭✌️

never thought of it like that 🤔

Disgusting was hers first tho iirc, it just went unreleased and was given/sold to Miranda several months later cos of the luke connections between Nickelodeon etc

• Like 1