Kylie & Little Mix Battle It Out For #1 UK Spot

Main Pop Girl

Which album should grab the #1 UK spot?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which album should grab the #1 UK spot?

• Kylie Minogue - Disco
    • Little Mix - Confetti

kylie-minogue-little-mix-1100.jpg?width=

Kylie Minogue and Little Mix clash in one of 2020’s biggest chart battles this week, and it is Kylie that is edging ahead on the Official Albums Chart Update in the race for Number 1. The Australian pop icon’s fifteenth studio album DISCO is in the lead at the midweek point of the week, claiming the most vinyl sales and downloads after its first three days on sale.

In at Number 2  are Little Mix with Confetti, currently a mere 2,200 chart sales behind Kylie. Jade, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Perrie’s sixth studio album is the most streamed so far this week and the most purchased on CD.

If Kylie wins the race, she will be the first female artist to score a UK Number 1 album in five consecutive decades - in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 2010s and 2020s. "To be on the precipice of potentially being the first solo woman to do it would be phenomenal," Kylie told News Corp.

As much as I like both albums, I have to say that I want Kylie to win this one! Little Mix feels like they still haven't reached their full potential to me, whereas Kylie is coming off like a girl on top of her game. Plus, it would be awesome to see a 50-something year old woman have a #1 album.

What do you guys think?

• YAAASSS 1

11 hours ago, Violetbud said:

Kylie has pretty much got it since her physical sales are quite a lot better and Little Mix don't have the streaming force to offset the deficit. Great for Kylie but I REALLY wanted Little Mix to get it ?

I'm honestly surprised given that Little Mix's singles did sooo much better than Kylie. I guess she maybe has less pop culture relevance these days but her core fanbase is still stronger than LMs.

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

Can I vote for Kylie to hit #1 this week and then Little Mix next week? ?

Yes, but only if Dame Shirley Bassey can get the week after! Spread the love! :hail: 

• YAAASSS 1

5 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

I'm honestly surprised given that Little Mix's singles did sooo much better than Kylie. I guess she maybe has less pop culture relevance these days but her core fanbase is still stronger than LMs.

Yes, but only if Dame Shirley Bassey can get the week after! Spread the love! :hail: 

You Son of a Bitch, I'm In | Know Your Meme

• YAAASSS 1
  • LMAO 1

Kylie all the way! It’s amazing! Finally listened to most of Confetti- it’s actually pretty solid though. The title track pleasantly reminded me of Cassie’s “Me & U” and there were just a few tracks I really wasn’t that into.

Gonna pick up Shirley Bassey’s prob this next paycheck. Haven’t heard anything new from her in ages! Yes- spread the love! All three deserve spots at the top! ...but Kylie first and best lol! 

• YAAASSS 1

32 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

MISS KYLIE JUST CAN'T STOP WINNING! :hail: 

Disco hit #1, posting the biggest single week sales for a female artist in 2020 in the UK with 54 000 sales equivalents!

Kylie is now also the only female artist to have #1 albums in five consecutive decades! :yaskween: 

Nothing but respect for my queen!

Can't argue with talent! :hail:
But tbh, I do hope Little Mix gets it next week!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

MISS KYLIE JUST CAN'T STOP WINNING! :hail: 

Disco hit #1, posting the biggest single week sales for a female artist in 2020 in the UK with 54 000 sales equivalents!

Kylie is now also the only female artist to have #1 albums in five consecutive decades! :yaskween: 

Nothing but respect for my queen!

:hail: typography type GIF by Shurly

• YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

I noticed that Jesy was missing from some of the promo and signatures! But I also heard she's been sick, which is why she hasn't been at any events.

I can understand her skipping performances, but the fact that she wouldn't sign vinyls that were probably done a month ago is off to me. I wouldn't be surprised if she left the group by the end of the year.

• Sad 1