Explosion in Beirut

Cypher

If y'all haven't heard the incredibly sad news, a large explosion (some reports state there were 2 separate blasts) has rocked the city of Beirut, the capital city of Lebanon. So far, CNN has reported 73 confirmed deaths and injuries upwards of 3,000. Hearts and prayers go out to all those affected during this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

I really thought that during COVID-19 everyone would be coming together and putting their differences aside for a while. It's a shame that even in a global pandemic people can't at least try to meet in the middle.

There a many theories at the moment, (which is to be expected this eary into the matter), as to what may have caused the explosion.  And at this point, there are no decisive answers.  I have read that it might have been a fireworks factory.  Or A Storage facility for some very nasty chemicals that were confisctaed some 7 years ago, and over time the storage container/s deteriorated and that that may have caused the explosion.  Or even that it could have been a deliberate attack.  But whatever the cause, you have to feel for the people affected by it.  So for now, I will hold judgement on a cause.  I like to have my facts in order before I make any final conclusions.  As I have always done in the past when big news stories arise.

Edited by Whoknowsmehere

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Oh wow... :yeah: They just can't catch a break huh? Was it for the same reasons as the last explosion?

No- sounds kinda lame in comparison, but cooking oil that spread to tyres I think. Here’s hoping 2021 is way less crazy!