Jump to content

JoJo Announces New Venture, CLOVER MUSIC, with Interscope Records; Departs Atlantic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bitch did this. Fans: Where TF are your first two albums? Blackground: Fuck y'all. She sued us, so we're not giving them to you. JoJo: Hold my fucking mic. I'm re-re

She's a legend omg!! Blackground cunts are over. I only had a chance to hear the snippets so far and i'm shook with 'Anything' and 'Coming for You', which are some of my fave JoJo tracks ever

True! I would prefer another Can't Take That Away From Me. 'In The Dark' really was that bop.  

I don't know why all these pop girls think they have the business savvy or the intrigue to start their own record labels... :idkher: Jay-Z hasn't even done it successfully and he has a lot more experience than people like JoJo or Charli so Idk why they think they can pull it off. :disgusted: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't she already with Interscope during the Disaster/Jumping Trains era? But I'm glad she finally left Atlantic bc they weren't really doing that much for her...

The Tringle & Mad Love deserved better! I still believe that Save My Soul & Good Thing could have easily smashed if they were promoted in the right way... So many wasted opportunities :yeah:

Anyways, I'm happy for her and I really hope that the next era/album will be really big, she really deserves it after all she's been through :yaskween:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, Countess said:

I don't know why all these pop girls think they have the business savvy or the intrigue to start their own record labels... :idkher: Jay-Z hasn't even done it successfully and he has a lot more experience than people like JoJo or Charli so Idk why they think they can pull it off. :disgusted: 

We're not gonna pretend like Jay-Z didn't launch Kanye, Rihanna, and Ne-Yo and keep Coconut successful up till the Aunty era when she wanted to pretend to have credibility and manage herself or whatever! and as a management company Roc Nation has had some mild successes Big Sean, Poot Lovato, J. Cole, and if we're really stretching the definition, Nick Jonas. Pop girls trying to have record labels and flopping at it stretches back to like Madonna though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 3:45 AM, nanapop99 said:

Wasn't she already with Interscope during the Disaster/Jumping Trains era? But I'm glad she finally left Atlantic bc they weren't really doing that much for her...

The Tringle & Mad Love deserved better! I still believe that Save My Soul & Good Thing could have easily smashed if they were promoted in the right way... So many wasted opportunities :yeah:

Anyways, I'm happy for her and I really hope that the next era/album will be really big, she really deserves it after all she's been through :yaskween:

I forgot that 'Disaster' era even existed, she has way too many label changes to keep up with! Maybe it would be better for this girl to just quit all labels and release things independently, it worked for Chance the Rapper. :cackle: 

On 8/23/2017 at 4:43 AM, BeyonceKnowles said:

We're not gonna pretend like Jay-Z didn't launch Kanye, Rihanna, and Ne-Yo and keep Coconut successful up till the Aunty era when she wanted to pretend to have credibility and manage herself or whatever! and as a management company Roc Nation has had some mild successes Big Sean, Poot Lovato, J. Cole, and if we're really stretching the definition, Nick Jonas. Pop girls trying to have record labels and flopping at it stretches back to like Madonna though.

The thing is that Rihanna was never signed to the Roc Nation record label, only the management firm. :orly: She only signed to the record label portion in 2014 which is when her career started going downhill. :cackle: Kanye I don't think was ever signed to the label but he partnered with them in 2014, which is again when things started going downhill for his career tbh. At least Madonna had a hit with Alanis I guess. :idkher: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/08/2017 at 7:36 PM, Countess said:

I forgot that 'Disaster' era even existed, she has way too many label changes to keep up with! Maybe it would be better for this girl to just quit all labels and release things independently, it worked for Chance the Rapper. :cackle: 

That era was a complete disaster so I get that you don't remember it :cackle: And I don't think she had too many label changes, I mean she was signed to Blackground for like 9 years before signing up with Atlantic. But the poor sis has been through so much shit for the past decade :yeah:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

That era was a complete disaster so I get that you don't remember it :cackle: And I don't think she had too many label changes, I mean she was signed to Blackground for like 9 years before signing up with Atlantic. But the poor sis has been through so much shit for the past decade :yeah:

But all the time she was signed with Blackground she was co-signed with Universal, then she moved from there to Interscope, then to Atlantic, and now back to Interscope. Poor girl should just go indie and be done with it. :sassy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Countess said:

But all the time she was signed with Blackground she was co-signed with Universal, then she moved from there to Interscope, then to Atlantic, and now back to Interscope. Poor girl should just go indie and be done with it. :sassy:

Wasn't JoJo always under Blackground though up through the beginning of 2014?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 1:45 PM, nanapop99 said:

Wasn't she already with Interscope during the Disaster/Jumping Trains era? But I'm glad she finally left Atlantic bc they weren't really doing that much for her...

The Tringle & Mad Love deserved better! I still believe that Save My Soul & Good Thing could have easily smashed if they were promoted in the right way... So many wasted opportunities :yeah:

Anyways, I'm happy for her and I really hope that the next era/album will be really big, she really deserves it after all she's been through :yaskween:

She was on Interscope, but it was directly through her illegal deal with Blackground, who controlled the project.  Interscope only provided distribution. Now, she is signed exclusively to them and CLOVER.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:42 AM, itskelan said:

Wasn't JoJo always under Blackground though up through the beginning of 2014?

She was on Blackground until 2014, following a seven-year battle with the label.  That's when she signed with Warner Music's Atlantic.  During her time with Blackground, she was also signed to: Universal and daFamily, both of which were apart of the distribution and promotion on JoJo.  The High Road was her only album through Blackground, exclusively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...