Will Fifth Harmony still have success without Camila?

Mace

Down doesn't seem to be doing hot on the iTunes charts. I get it was just sent to radio recently, but compared to Work From Home's performance, this is a letdown. Will they be able to maintain their previous success without Camila?

• YAAASSS 1

Honestly i don't believe so. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be their last album together. I was even talking about it with a friend a few days ago. Seems like their fans splitted after Camila left the group. Some of them stan Camila and don't follow the group anymore. At this point not even Camila seems to be having a great performance with her releases, but she's just starting so her disgusting songs will probably become successful in the future. I mean, even with Work from Home their latest album sold only 49k copies in the first week (which was less than Reflection), so what can we expect now? :morning:

• YAAASSS 3

On 6/15/2017 at 8:15 PM, lightyears said:

Honestly i don't believe so. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be their last album together. I was even talking about it with a friend a few days ago. Seems like their fans splitted after Camila left the group. Some of them stan Camila and don't follow the group anymore. At this point not even Camila seems to be having a great performance with her releases, but she's just starting so her disgusting songs will probably become successful in the future. I mean, even with Work from Home their latest album sold only 49k copies in the first week (which was less than Reflection), so what can we expect now? :morning:

True. I honestly think it was stupid of Camila to leave so early. She's not a Beyoncé. She's not even a Nicole Sherzinger. 

• YAAASSS 3

Tbh, Fifth Harmony were never really successful to begin with...They had two big singles but imo they weren't at that level of being household names and worldwide superstars yet. Imo, Camila made a mistake in leaving the group so early. If she was smarter then she would have stuck it out for another album cycle and planted some seeds of rivalry between her and the other girls for promo before leaving the group. With all five of them they could have pushed each other to the top but apart they're just five more girls trying to make it big.

• YAAASSS 1

23 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

True. I honestly think it was stupid of Camila to leave so early. She's not a Beyoncé. She's not even a Nicole Sherzinger. 

Girl you ended Cameela rn :cackle:

14 hours ago, Countess said:

Tbh, Fifth Harmony were never really successful to begin with...They had two big singles but imo they weren't at that level of being household names and worldwide superstars yet. Imo, Camila made a mistake in leaving the group so early. If she was smarter then she would have stuck it out for another album cycle and planted some seeds of rivalry between her and the other girls for promo before leaving the group. With all five of them they could have pushed each other to the top but apart they're just five more girls trying to make it big.

Their career is based on their fans flooding songs on spotify and their videos on youtube tbh. Nobody ever cared about their albums and their tours were major flops with no decent structure and lots of empty seats. Their shows on Brazil last year were tragic, the stage was literally five chairs and a colored curtain behind.

5 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

They have the same issue I felt like The Saturdays had in the UK: they are making music that does not suit them, and are not making the right choices where it comes to their music, etc.

I miss the sats tho :yeah:

• YAAASSS 2

On 6/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, lightyears said:

Girl you ended Cameela rn :cackle:

Their career is based on their fans flooding songs on spotify and their videos on youtube tbh. Nobody ever cared about their albums and their tours were major flops with no decent structure and lots of empty seats. Their shows on Brazil last year were tragic, the stage was literally five chairs and a colored curtain behind.

I miss the sats tho :yeah:

Did I lie though? :idkher:

• YAAASSS 2

On 6/18/2017 at 8:47 AM, Ruthless Love said:

They have the same issue I felt like The Saturdays had in the UK: they are making music that does not suit them, and are not making the right choices where it comes to their music, etc.

I think the biggest problem is their tastes in music are so different. Normani and Dinah love R&B but Lauren seems like she'd be more into an alternative sound like Lana or Halsey. Ally's influences are Selena and J Lo so obviously she wants to do more Latin pop. 

This is why you shouldn't just pick random people who don't even know each other to be in a girl group. I don't like that system with The X Factor. You can't just get a group of people and say "you're gonna be a poppy fun group." This is why people like Liam and Zayne talk mess about 1D after it went on "hiatus."

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2

17 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

I think the biggest problem is their tastes in music are so different. Normani and Dinah love R&B but Lauren seems like she'd be more into an alternative sound like Lana or Halsey. Ally's influences are Selena and J Lo so obviously she wants to do more Latin pop. 

This is why you shouldn't just pick random people who don't even know each other to be in a girl group. I don't like that system with The X Factor. You can't just get a group of people and say "you're gonna be a poppy fun group." This is why people like Liam and Zayne talk mess about 1D after it went on "hiatus."

To say you shouldn't pick random people is wrong.  I hate making this comparison, but look at Little Mix; they put the four of them together, and they happened to work out so well!  My issue is that 5H was originally a much more pop group, but let's face it, it's likely L.A. Reid who probably made them lean to a more urban sound, and they've got their formula now, so why change what's comfortable for them?  With 1D, it was Syco Music who tried to manufacture and over-work them all the time, which is probably why it was also a pain to be in the group, etc.

• YAAASSS 1

20 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

3 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

To say you shouldn't pick random people is wrong.  I hate making this comparison, but look at Little Mix; they put the four of them together, and they happened to work out so well!  My issue is that 5H was originally a much more pop group, but let's face it, it's likely L.A. Reid who probably made them lean to a more urban sound, and they've got their formula now, so why change what's comfortable for them?  With 1D, it was Syco Music who tried to manufacture and over-work them all the time, which is probably why it was also a pain to be in the group, etc.

I think you two made really good points! But if you think about it Little Mix are exceptions when it comes to pop groups. At least the ones that i'm a fan, like Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Take That, All Saints, The Pussycat Dolls etc had some kind of bad blood or drama between the integrants. That's why i imagine Little Mix having a long career even without conquering USA and i can't see the same happening with 5H, even if they have some international hits. 

• YAAASSS 1

On 6/21/2017 at 1:22 PM, lightyears said:

I think you two made really good points! But if you think about it Little Mix are exceptions when it comes to pop groups. At least the ones that i'm a fan, like Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Take That, All Saints, The Pussycat Dolls etc had some kind of bad blood or drama between the integrants. That's why i imagine Little Mix having a long career even without conquering USA and i can't see the same happening with 5H, even if they have some international hits. 

But what I love about GA is how they used those rivalries in the songs... :hail: They really built so much tension in the group that everyone was always trying to outdo each other and show the others up. That back and forth between Cheryl and Nadine in 'Something New' is iconic! 

• YAAASSS 2

On 2017-6-22 at 1:45 PM, Countess said:

But what I love about GA is how they used those rivalries in the songs... :hail: They really built so much tension in the group that everyone was always trying to outdo each other and show the others up. That back and forth between Cheryl and Nadine in 'Something New' is iconic! 

When will 5H? They certainly have some fun bops, but it's just not enough. None of them seems to have an interesting personality, so even if they showed any rivalry like GA i'd probably wouldn't give a shit about them anyway :lol:

On 6/25/2017 at 4:34 AM, lightyears said:

When will 5H? They certainly have some fun bops, but it's just not enough. None of them seems to have an interesting personality, so even if they showed any rivalry like GA i'd probably wouldn't give a shit about them anyway :lol:

You're so right... :cackle: The only one who I can actually differentiate from the others is the bisexual one but even then her alleged sexuality fails to make her interesting to me. :disgusted: