The Eurovision 2017 PHF Thread!

Third Eye

1 hour ago, Third Eye said:

Same, who are you rooting for this year? I feel like there is a lot of level

I need to listen to the songs properly to be honest. I've heard clips from the RECAP video and there are some nice songs. Good songs start jumping out at me closer to the Eurovision. I'm disappointed with Greece again this year; I was expecting better from Demy, her Greek songs are much better than her entry.

• YAAASSS 1

32 minutes ago, Third Eye said:

okay so Russia got banned!! :orly:

this is hilarious :lol:

Ukraine's security service has banned Russia's contestant from this year's Eurovision song contest because she performed in Crimea.

Russia this month chose 27-year-old singer Yulia Samoylova to represent the country in the May 11-13 contest in Kiev.

But Samoylova has toured in Russia-annexed Crimea without entering it by going through the border with the Ukrainian mainland. Under Ukrainian law, that allows authorities to block her entry into Ukraine.

Samoylova, who has been confined to a wheelchair since childhood, sang at the opening of the 2014 Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.

an117662543in-this-photo-ta.jpg

tbh I'm happy. I am always annoyed at how high Russia charts at Eurovision even though their songs are not always good. And I already see what they wanted to do this year. Use disabled artist to make people sympathize with her. :tragic: 

36 minutes ago, Tweener said:

tbh I'm happy. I am always annoyed at how high Russia charts at Eurovision even though their songs are not always good. And I already see what they wanted to do this year. Use disabled artist to make people sympathize with her. :tragic: 

true dat

On 3/23/2017 at 2:21 AM, Tweener said:

That news story is fucking brilliant. :shocked: It's an obvious and petty move by Ukraine but I'm living for their cuntiness! Is Russia submitting another entry?

17 minutes ago, Countess said:

That news story is fucking brilliant. :shocked: It's an obvious and petty move by Ukraine but I'm living for their cuntiness! Is Russia submitting another entry?

Ukraine banned Julia the singer because she sang in Crimea in 2015, and Ukraine bans every singer who sang there after Russia invaded it, so it's not a ban for Russia, they can submit a new singer(they won't), anyway, Russia knew the Ukraine's law, and Julia was the perfect singer, she is disable, and she broke the law, they probably used her, so the people would feel bad for Russia.

My opinion? I feel sad for Julia, she could have inspired a lot of disabled people, and she is so sweet and the 'celebrate diversity' thing, Ukraine's law is the law, also I don't like Russia as a country, they call us Gayeuropa, so... Yeah..

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 0:24 AM, Third Eye said:

Ukraine banned Julia the singer because she sang in Crimea in 2015, and Ukraine bans every singer who sang there after Russia invaded it, so it's not a ban for Russia, they can submit a new singer(they won't), anyway, Russia knew the Ukraine's law, and Julia was the perfect singer, she is disable, and she broke the law, they probably used her, so the people would feel bad for Russia.

My opinion? I feel sad for Julia, she could have inspired a lot of disabled people, and she is so sweet and the 'celebrate diversity' thing, Ukraine's law is the law, also I don't like Russia as a country, they call us Gayeuropa, so... Yeah..

Oooh, maybe you're right! I never thought about it from Russia's perspective but now I'm with you, they totally did it as a publicity stunt to make people feel sorry for her and for their country. ;) Russia's standpoints on these kinds of things are so weird, I have no idea how much the government believes and how much the people believe but overall it's just a mess and idk why anyone would continue to live there. :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 weeks later...