Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, followcher said:

she's allegedly working on them, but i feel like she has such HIGH expecations that it's driving her insane at this point she needs to release them as is just to kill that hype and have something ready to come after.

she herself is making it harder for her to come back with all these empty promises and high expecations she wont meet.

bad girls was complete trash and these fucking ass kissing fans are lying to her telling her it's good

True! I can't at her 'not being satisfied' with the album. Like BITCH WE LOVED THE LIVE VERSIONS, DROP THE ALBUM. But well... let's see if she decides to put the songs out or bring something new. And I agree, "Bad Girls" was a mess.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, blossomcoco said:

I’m still waiting for the other ‘epic’ songs to come out already... been waiting for ‘Don’t Get Mad, Get Even’ & ‘I Wanna Fucking Call You’. 

I need those and the rest of those sessions. I can't believe we've been waiting already for around 7 years for them to arrive (since "American Girl").

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Moonchild said:

I need those and the rest of those sessions. I can't believe we've been waiting already for around 7 years for them to arrive (since "American Girl").

I mean... after 7 years they’re still not released. So I think it's safe to say that ‘she’ will not release them anymore. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, blossomcoco said:

I mean... after 7 years they’re still not released. So I think it's safe to say that ‘she’ will not release them anymore. 

Does she even have the masters for her material? What if it's a Jessie situation where she straight up doesn't even have the masters or demos anymore.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cypher said:

Does she even have the masters for her material? What if it's a Jessie situation where she straight up doesn't even have the masters or demos anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, she had the rights for those songs (her eternal fight with Epic apparently was successful for her), but I don't know if she actually has the files - or access to them.

31 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

As far as I'm concerned, she had the rights for those songs (her eternal fight with Epic apparently was successful for her), but I don't know if she actually has the files - or access to them.

She has the right to demand the songs from Epic, but won't because she hates her fans. :morning:

• LMAO 1

38 minutes ago, Volcanion said:

This. Literally.

But actually IIRC there was something about her losing a harddrive with all of her work on it at one point.

This was Jessie's situation too. She lost her laptop or something and thus, loss a bunch of tracks. To be honest, I feel like there should be more than 1 copy of these files floating around. If we can get Lana's laptop demos, studio recordings should be easier.

• Like 4

It sucks that it seems like she’s completely given up on her career. She has a whole ass second house with a studio but claims to now have money to tour or make music? And she wants to take trouble off streaming platforms, if she really needed the money she wouldn’t do that. Bombastic was used in so many things so obviously she has the money to buy the rights & pay producers for the epic songs it’s just her being her & delaying everything.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, blossomcoco said:

Is there anyone who has the studio version of any of those songs? I honestly can not believe that we still don’t have any of the songs yet.. That makes me sad..

Nobody seems to have them. I lost hope. I moved on, that's what one has to do when things stop. I added Bonnie to my list of singers whose career will never recover. Porcelain Black is down there with her.

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)