Haters Back Off

Main Pop Girl

haters-back-off-21.jpg?w=290&h=363

Has anyone else been watching this show? Honestly, I had such low expectations for it and I thought it was gonna be pretty dreadful. :stretcher: Miranda is such a caricature that I couldn't imagine watching a whole series about her. But I've been really impressed by how much I like the show! She's the same character but they've managed to make her empathetic and introduced a lot of her backstory without contradicting the YouTube channel. I love it tbh. :hail: 

6 hours ago, jlnsgr said:

I didn't know about that. I'll give it a try

Let me know what you think! ;) 

4 hours ago, Baby V Alex said:

I only watched the first two episodes, it has some moments when I laugh but at this point her videos are more hilarious, maybe when it picks up I'll pee myself.

I hate her uncle atm

Everyone hates her uncle and he is kind of annoying but I think he's necessary to show why Miranda is the way she is... :stretcher: I wouldn't say it's a laugh a minute show, it's more that there's a couple of big laughs in each episode. But I think the balance of comedy and tragedy works really well tbh, especially in the last episode.

10 hours ago, Countess said:

Let me know what you think! ;) 

Everyone hates her uncle and he is kind of annoying but I think he's necessary to show why Miranda is the way she is... :stretcher: I wouldn't say it's a laugh a minute show, it's more that there's a couple of big laughs in each episode. But I think the balance of comedy and tragedy works really well tbh, especially in the last episode.

Yeah I'm going to keep on watching

• YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, kallumlavigne said:

Just finshed the episodes and I loved it lol, I love     the way Miranda and Patrick are, I really hope it gets a second season.

Yas, I'm so glad there's another fan out there! :hail: I'm hoping for a second season as well, the finale had such a cliffhanger and I really wanna know how Miranda deals with being YouTube famous. :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 2

39 minutes ago, Countess said:

Yas, I'm so glad there's another fan out there! :hail: I'm hoping for a second season as well, the finale had such a cliffhanger and I really wanna know how Miranda deals with being YouTube famous. :stretcher: 

I was actually suprised by the last episode how sad some parts were,  i felt really bad for her when she said 'why is it funny that someone could love me' made me wanna cry :lol:

11 hours ago, kallumlavigne said:

I was actually suprised by the last episode how sad some parts were,  i felt really bad for her when she said 'why is it funny that someone could love me' made me wanna cry :lol:

OMFG, that line honestly killed me! :'( I never thought I'd feel sorry for Miranda but she actually made it happen! :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 11:58 AM, Heart Station said:

They are so smart for ending the first season the way they did, I feel like it was done on purpose so that they could get a 2nd season ;)

I sure hope so! Netflix seems pretty good at giving the fans what they want and not ending series on a cliffhanger so let's keep our fingers crossed. ;) 

• YAAASSS 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 7:14 PM, Heart Station said:

They were so smart to revolve the show around Miranda's personality before she got famous because Miranda's persona "now" in her current YT videos would not have translated well into the series. 

True. :P Although the cool part is that the YouTube personality makes a lot more sense when you see the full context of what's going on in the rest of her life!