Music Organisation

Hawks

As the thread title says! How do you organise your music? This is a thread where I would like to see your music libraries, read your opinions about aesthetics matters of music files & albums. Thread for the people who are obssesed with aesthetic side of music!

• What's your way to title singles and albums? Do you add any words to album names, so you'll know if it's a single, ep or an live album?
  • How do you choose artworks? Do you prefer original, hard-photoshop or official looking? Or maybe you don't use these at all? 
  • What do you do if there's an collaboration on the album? Do you add (ft/featuring X) to the song title or change artist name?
  • What's your style? And what you do to make your music library look pretty? What programm do you use to listen to your music?
  • Hidden tracks or multiply songs in one dilemmas - do you split it or leave it as it was released? (e. g. Ariana Grande - Knew Better / Forever Boy ; Coldplay - O; Beyonce - Ghost/Haunted )
  • and many other questions to be answered... 

Express yourself!

don't let this flop

im obsessed with the pictures, i add them in every song cause i feel empty when i dont have one.

i try to keep everything official and i almost everytime use official covers, when i dont like one i use an official looking one, i hate hard-photoshopped covers :yuck::yuck:

• YAAASSS 2

I just mostly keep it how it is ripped off my CDs. It automatically does the official cover. If it's a single and it has the same name as the album (Ray of Light and Ray of Light) I usually add maxi or [Country it's from Single]. Also, I take features out of the artist name because it makes it easier to keep all the artist's stuff together

• YAAASSS 1

I don't have a single official cover in my iTunes! I only use fan-made covers and if I see an official cover in my library I feel like a failure. :stretcher:  I also hate having " - Single" or "[EP]" or anything like that so I always remove that. But I don't have too many singles because I put all songs on the albums they should be on and all remixes on special remix albums. If the single isn't on an album, I'll make an unreleased album just for that. :P I have kind of a weird way of doing things and it's super time consuming but I find it therapeutic so I don't mind all the extra work!

• YAAASSS 2

I typically organize everything by era. Take Carly Rae's Emotion for example... I have the original 17 tracks from the deluxe edition, followed by the two new tracks from Remixed +, then the leaked demos, non-album songs (Shadow, Love Me Like That, Supernatural, & Better Than Me), and then a couple of my favorite remixes from the era.

All of the covers I use are fan-made. I rarely/never use the official ones.

I do keep the " - EP" and " - Single" if thats what the album is (ie. DNCE's SWAAY - EP), but I do take off "Deluxe Edition".

If the artist has a lot of unreleased material, I just keep it all under one album (whether it be titled Demos, Unreleased, The Unreleased Collection, etc.) If the unreleased songs are from a certain era (5+), then I keep them as "The _____ Sessions".

• YAAASSS 2

Woah, I'm surprised, thank you all for responds so far! <3

I don't know right now what to do with singles/eps, because I don't like when " - Single" is longer than actual single title, but it's sometimes necessary, especially when the single title is same as album title :/ and I'm looking for alternate method now. 

Now i'm trying to complete my Amy Winehouse collection and I have lots of problems, because she has LOTS OF ALT. SONGS TAKES :stretcher: even ones that are not singles, so I won't add them to any single release. I don't like to keep my main album a mess with lots of bonus tracks that are demos/alt takes so I don't know. My second problem with Amy is lots of multiply songs on one track on FRANK (Especially Amy Amy Amy with Outro & Brother & Mr. Magic and one more, dont remember the title) :stretcher: I don't know If I should seperate it with audacity or what. I'm afraid that I could broke the qualitya fter the conversion. 

So what do you do when it comes to many songs on one track? Do you split them? Could you recommend me any good programm for it that won't destroy the quality? I use audacity, but I don't think that it's okay. 

10 hours ago, Hawks said:

Woah, I'm surprised, thank you all for responds so far! <3

I don't know right now what to do with singles/eps, because I don't like when " - Single" is longer than actual single title, but it's sometimes necessary, especially when the single title is same as album title :/ and I'm looking for alternate method now. 

Now i'm trying to complete my Amy Winehouse collection and I have lots of problems, because she has LOTS OF ALT. SONGS TAKES :stretcher: even ones that are not singles, so I won't add them to any single release. I don't like to keep my main album a mess with lots of bonus tracks that are demos/alt takes so I don't know. My second problem with Amy is lots of multiply songs on one track on FRANK (Especially Amy Amy Amy with Outro & Brother & Mr. Magic and one more, dont remember the title) :stretcher: I don't know If I should seperate it with audacity or what. I'm afraid that I could broke the qualitya fter the conversion. 

So what do you do when it comes to many songs on one track? Do you split them? Could you recommend me any good programm for it that won't destroy the quality? I use audacity, but I don't think that it's okay. 

Actually, you're right about the EP thing. I have one for Thrills by Sizzy and another one for Thrills - EP by Sizzy and I hate that I can't change the name on that. :'( Maybe if we sorted them differently they could work tho?

As for splitting tracks, it's a cheap way to do it but I always go into the iTunes file, click 'Get Info' and then change the End Time on the song. Then I right click and hit 'Create AAC version' and it will make a version of the song without the bit you cut off. It's probably not the best way to do it but if you're lazy like me it works. ;)