Change one Era of one Artist

dnlrsml

3 minutes ago, Countess said:

I agree! 'Perfume' has the right kind of radio sound if it had been released like ten years ago, but I just feel like there were no ballads on the radio at that point other than Adele and Britney definitely can't match her vocals. I think she needed a high profile collab for the second single, like 'Body Ache (Feat. Afrojack' or 'Tik Tik Boom (Feat. Katy Perry)'. :/ 

That Tik Tik Boom ft Katy would have been a great idea! Or with a relevant rapper lol TI's verse was good but he's irrelevant. Nicki would have been good too. For me, I think Body Ache is perfect the way it is and I think out of all the dance songs on BJ, it sounded the least dated. 

Now that I think of it, Passenger ft Katy would have been a better idea than Perfume. It's not a ballad but not danc3, just a nice mid tempo song good for the summer. But with a slight change in production and vocals

kerli - utopia (2012)

first of all her label should've just kept it as an LP... maybe put her back in the studio for a couple months to come up with a few new songs to replace the really old ones like zero gravity and speed limit (jesus, speed limit is from 2009) and tweak everything, since she said she already saw fault immediately after mastering the album

1. the lucky ones
2. can't control the kids
2. sugar
3. kaleidoscope
4. zero gravity*
5. last breath
6. speed limit*
7. love me or leave me
8. supergirl
9. made for loving you
10. when you cry (the new version)
11. here and now
12. chemical
13. dollface

* = could be replaced if i knew what material she had to replace them

first single: zero gravity
second single: maybe sugar?  she needed something interesting, the lucky ones was way too repetitive... how can a pop song with basically no verses or bridge chart well??  
album release: july/august (the album was finished in early may, her label had no business putting it off for a year after what was technically the first single was released)
third single: last breath

7 hours ago, itsryanyall said:

That Tik Tik Boom ft Katy would have been a great idea! Or with a relevant rapper lol TI's verse was good but he's irrelevant. Nicki would have been good too. For me, I think Body Ache is perfect the way it is and I think out of all the dance songs on BJ, it sounded the least dated. 

Now that I think of it, Passenger ft Katy would have been a better idea than Perfume. It's not a ballad but not danc3, just a nice mid tempo song good for the summer. But with a slight change in production and vocals

Yasss, Nicki would be cool as well! I agree with you on 'Body Ache', but I feel like she needed something to give her that dance crossover appeal she was missing. :/ Then she'd have country thanks to Jamie, hip-hop thanks to Nicki and EDM thanks to Afrojack. ;) 

6 hours ago, FeralHeart said:

kerli - utopia (2012)

first of all her label should've just kept it as an LP... maybe put her back in the studio for a couple months to come up with a few new songs to replace the really old ones like zero gravity and speed limit (jesus, speed limit is from 2009) and tweak everything, since she said she already saw fault immediately after mastering the album

1. the lucky ones
2. can't control the kids
2. sugar
3. kaleidoscope
05. last breath
6. speed limit*
7. love me or leave me
8. supergirl
9. made for loving you
10. when you cry (the new version)
11. here and now
12. chemical
13. dollface

* = could be replaced if i knew what material she had to replace them

first single: zero gravity
second single: maybe sugar?  she needed something interesting, the lucky ones was way too repetitive... how can a pop song with basically no verses or bridge chart well??  
album release: july/august (the album was finished in early may, her label had no business putting it off for a year after what was technically the first single was released)
third single: last breath

Love this. :hail: Or she could have released that remix of 'Kaleidoscope' as the second single!

• YAAASSS 2