Battle of the Pop Queens

Main Pop Girl

Battle of the Pop Queens  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which pop queen will dominate with her new album release?

• Britney Spears - B9
    • Katy Perry - KP5
    • Lady Gaga - LG5
    • Rihanna - R9

It seems like it's always the way, but currently the four main queens of pop - Britney, Gaga, Katy and RiRi - are all working on their next offerings. Britney, Gaga and Katy have all been working on their albums for several years and are confirmed to be releasing by the end of this year, while RiRi has confirmed that she's begun work on #R9 but that it's not a sequel to ANTI.

So the question is: who will do better? As much as I want Gaga to slay, I don't think she has much of a chance here especially if she's going head to head with Katy. :'( I think she'll have a moderately successful era but nothing as big as Born This Way. Katy always has some hit singles but a mediocre album and I don't see how that will change anytime soon. Britney can go either way for me - I think she might have a hit single with the lead but the album will just be moderately successful, like Femme Fatale. As for RiRi, if she ends up releasing this year I think she'll have some more success with collaborative singles but nothing huge on her own.

What are your thoughts? :mo: 

My thoughts on all four of them...

lady gaga needs to back with redone and make some The Fame Monster magic happen again.

katy perry has been pretty consistent with her singles content tbh. 

britney.. i dont like your voice so...

rihanna. Go back and do some dance songs like Talk That Talk. Have some real messages in your songs >.> 

if lady gaga goes back to her pre-artpop style, i will be excited :D 

• YAAASSS 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want Britney to dominate but I know she won't. GP just likes her as a throwback so only stans really buy her music. But it's okay because it's happened to all the legends lately. 

Katy or Rihanna will most likely dominate because they are both huge forces right now

Gaga is a 50/50 chance. She has had huge success but let's be honest, she doesn't have much longevity. Probably because she kept out doing herself in everything then with Artpop it all came crashing down. She's rebuilding herself though and I'm rooting for her

On 13 July 2016 at 1:52 PM, Baby V Alex said:

If Riri's album will be anything like her 2 latest ones she can keep it, same to Katy and her latest one. I only have hope for Britney and Gaga tbh

Unapologetic was Rih's best album tho. :morning:  It might not have had such catchy singles but at least it was cohesive and interesting.

On 23 July 2016 at 0:08 PM, itsryanyall said:

I want Britney to dominate but I know she won't. GP just likes her as a throwback so only stans really buy her music. But it's okay because it's happened to all the legends lately. 

Katy or Rihanna will most likely dominate because they are both huge forces right now

Gaga is a 50/50 chance. She has had huge success but let's be honest, she doesn't have much longevity. Probably because she kept out doing herself in everything then with Artpop it all came crashing down. She's rebuilding herself though and I'm rooting for her

I agree with you on Britney. :( Which is a shame because she's looking and sounding better than she has since like 2009.

• YAAASSS 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, naomismells said:

Really hoping Gaga dominates the rest of Q4 she really deserves it.

I agree with you! :hail: Although Brit's been working super hard this era as well which shouldn't go overlooked. :P 

10 hours ago, Baby V Alex said:

After listening to Gaga's and Britney's new sound I'm less hyped about Gaga's album but we will see, Britney slayed me.

She said recently that 'PI' didn't really represent the album as a whole, so you might still like it! :hail: Brit definitely slayed me tho, she came out of left field with that sound but she totally slayed it! I just wish she got the chart success she deserves. :( 

5 hours ago, Countess said:

I agree with you! :hail: Although Brit's been working super hard this era as well which shouldn't go overlooked. :P 

She said recently that 'PI' didn't really represent the album as a whole, so you might still like it! :hail: Brit definitely slayed me tho, she came out of left field with that sound but she totally slayed it! I just wish she got the chart success she deserves. :( 

#3 at the BB 200 doesn't bother me that much, it got the praise from everybody and that's what counts 

2 hours ago, Speedoflight said:

i can't at celine dion blocking her with french album 

a4py8p.gif 

Celine's been missing from the pop scene long time ago hence why it got to #2 and Barbara to #1, it was like when Adele releases an album. People love to buy those albums because it makes you more "intelectual and interesting" :stretcher:

12 minutes ago, Baby V Alex said:

Celine's been missing from the pop scene long time ago hence why it got to #2 and Barbara to #1, it was like when Adele releases an album. People love to buy those albums because it makes you more "intelectual and interesting" :stretcher:

mess Celine went #1 and barbaus #2 :morning: but anyway Glory still solid album for britney tbh i was excpted worst then that