Vanessa Hudgens Starring in New DC Series

Main Pop Girl

Vanessa-Hudgens-1456179368.gifVanessa-Hudgens-1456179368.gifVanessa-Hudgens-1456179368.gif

Less than a month after her powerful performance in Grease: Live, Vanessa Hudgens will be returning to our TV screens once again, this time in a superhero setting.

Variety reports Hudgens has signed onto the NBC pilot Powerless, which follows regular people who must endure living in a world with irritating superheroes.

The Spring Breakers star will play the non-superhero Emily Locke, an insurance claims adjuster who loves helping people and is fed up with all the superheroes disrupting her city.

Powerless is part of the DC Universe and is being described as a “workplace comedy.” So, basically The Office with superheroes, right? (Wrong, probably.)

While Hudgens rose to fame on TV with Disney Channel’s High School Musical series, this will be her first regular role on a TV show.

Congrats, Vanessa!

I'm definitely not a big fan of the recent DC projects - their universe is messy and confusing as fuck and their movies are redundant. :morning: But this show actually sounds like a really fun concept, I wish Marvel had come up with it first. :( 

On 3/1/2016 at 2:34 AM, Baby V Alex said:

YASS BABY V! Still waiting for the Identified follow up tho.

But I would love to see this just for her. Back in the day there were rumors about her getting cast as spider woman but nothing happened.

You know I only post Vanessa articles for you, so I appreciate the response. :morning:

But I agree, Identified was so good and I need more from her! Why didn't Ashley's comeback with 'You're Always Here' ever happen either?

On 1 de marzo de 2016 at 11:06 AM, Cypher said:

Eh, I'm not a big fan of her. :morning: 

You can die

8 hours ago, Countess said:

You know I only post Vanessa articles for you, so I appreciate the response. :morning:

But I agree, Identified was so good and I need more from her! Why didn't Ashley's comeback with 'You're Always Here' ever happen either?

Because sh is now a business woman, a producer and a married gal