#FreeKesha movement now has some big names (and flops) behind it

Baby V Alex

That's super sweet of Wale to RT that to her. <3 I always thought he was nice in his work with Gaga but he's just made me like him even more.

But I don't like this idea that if you don't comment on a news situation immediately then you're automatically a bad person. People said that about Gaga when Bowie died as well, that she was such a bad person for not Tweeting about it. But at the end of the day a Tweet is just a 140 character message with little to no meaning or effort behind it. It turned out Gaga was expressing her sadness in a different way, and I wouldn't be surprised if other artists like Bey or Taylor were doing that too, or had already spoken to Kesha personally about it.

That's the first and only time you'll hear me defending either of them tho. :morning: 

5 hours ago, Countess said:

That's super sweet of Wale to RT that to her. <3 I always thought he was nice in his work with Gaga but he's just made me like him even more.

But I don't like this idea that if you don't comment on a news situation immediately then you're automatically a bad person. People said that about Gaga when Bowie died as well, that she was such a bad person for not Tweeting about it. But at the end of the day a Tweet is just a 140 character message with little to no meaning or effort behind it. It turned out Gaga was expressing her sadness in a different way, and I wouldn't be surprised if other artists like Bey or Taylor were doing that too, or had already spoken to Kesha personally about it.

That's the first and only time you'll hear me defending either of them tho. :morning: 

If Taylor is open writing open letters to apple and spotify, 140 character on twitter would be easy.

Edited by Baby V Alex

Kesha's get sleazy tour was the first concert I ever went to and though it may sound overzealous, it really did leave a lasting impression on me. Her music, her message, and ideals she stands for are all concepts and movements I support as well. When I found out the news yesterday, a pit formed in my stomach. It's just so heartbreaking, disgusting, and inexcusable. To look up to someone, who's made a very positive influence in my life, and to watch as that person, already abused and cracked, faces yet another set-back makes me so upset. I can barely look at the pictures of her in court because it makes me feel helpless, I can't even imagine nor empathize with what she must be going through at this moment. Regardless of anyone's personal bias towards her, its clear to see she's been hurt, and no one should have to face the same struggle she's going through now. As grueling and disheartening as this whole process has been however, it's comforting to finally see more, albeit a little late, vocal and public support regarding her case. I can only hope that she continues the fight and gains more strength and courage, though she's already got so much, from everyone taking a stand with her. I hope this raises awareness concerning mental/physical abuse and rape in the music industry and in other industries as well. I hope her story, as devastating as its been, continues to elicit strong reactions from the public, instigating a desire and need for change and progression. Apologies for the long post, its just Kesha and her music hold a dear place in my heart and watching all of this unfold has made it difficult not to say something. Thoughts and prayers are with her, never losing hope. 

• YAAASSS 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2016 at 2:49 AM, Baby V Alex said:

If Taylor is open writing open letters to apple and spotify, 140 character on twitter would be easy.

I hate to say I told you so, but... :morning: 

Taylor Swift has got Kesha’s back, and then some. 

Swift has pitched in $250,000 to help Kesha with any “financial needs” following a judge’s decision to uphold the artist’s recording contract with Dr. Luke and Sony. 

In a show of support, Taylor Swift has donated $250,000 to Kesha to help with any of her financial needs during this trying time,” a spokesperson for Swift tells Billboard. 

Swift joins the likes of Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Lorde, Demi Lovato and many others to openly side with Kesha, who alleges that songwriter/producer Dr. Luke drugged and raped her a decade ago and asked the court that she be allowed to record outside his purview. 

Kesha's recording contract with Dr. Luke was upheld in court Friday (Feb. 19). 

Many supporters of Kesha have been using the trending hashtag #FreeKesha since the court’s decision. 

Gaga has also been spotted supporting her in person and on Instagram, but am I the only one who feels like her support was super disingenuous? She's never shown any interest or compassion for Kesha, but now that K$ is the centre of attention and Gaga is the Sexual Abuse Chanteuse she's acting like they're best friends. :vacuum: 

• YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, Countess said:

I hate to say I told you so, but... :morning: 

Gaga has also been spotted supporting her in person and on Instagram, but am I the only one who feels like her support was super disingenuous? She's never shown any interest or compassion for Kesha, but now that K$ is the centre of attention and Gaga is the Sexual Abuse Chanteuse she's acting like they're best friends. :vacuum: 

I mean, yay thank you Taylor, she should have talk tho, and be like "YES I gave her the money"

Also about Gaga I feel the same way, but about all of them, since Kesha spoke about it 2 years ago. But I'm cool they are doing something now.

On 3/1/2016 at 3:00 AM, Baby V Alex said:

I mean, yay thank you Taylor, she should have talk tho, and be like "YES I gave her the money"

Also about Gaga I feel the same way, but about all of them, since Kesha spoke about it 2 years ago. But I'm cool they are doing something now.

She can talk all she wants, but actions speak louder than words. :morning: 

On 3/1/2016 at 5:49 AM, Cypher said:

+Akon
+Jack Antinoff
+Zedd

What did Akon say? I honestly thought that the way Jack and Zedd approached the situation was the best way to do it. <3 Their actions weren't entirely based on money like Taylor's but they meant more than all those randoms just posting 140 characters on Twitter. :vacuum: 

7 hours ago, Countess said:

What did Akon say? I honestly thought that the way Jack and Zedd approached the situation was the best way to do it. <3 Their actions weren't entirely based on money like Taylor's but they meant more than all those randoms just posting 140 characters on Twitter. :vacuum: 

He mentioned in a video that Luke should just cut Kesha free . He may not believe Luke is a rapist, but if Kesha wants to leave, he should just let her go.

I do agree that Zedd and Jack took the best route, although, it would be harder for another big named singer to do the same, cause most of them have their own constraints as singers, whereas Zedd and Jack can write/produce without slapping a featuring credit on the title.