Hi, everyone!

WarmBlood

Hey, flops!

Like a lot of other people, I started lurking because something I wanted leaked, but I joined up because the community actually seems really awesome. 

Some of my favorite artists are Girls Aloud, Annie, Florrie, Rachel Stevens and just about anyone who's worked with Xenomania (#JusticeForMiniViva). It never stopped being 2007 in my world and I love me some terrible MySpace-era scene pop. Against my better judgment, I've reluctantly stanned for Porcelain Black for the better part of a decade. It hasn't gone great. 

Honestly, I don't think pop's been at its best lately, but I've loved Carly Rae and Grimes' latest albums. The Veronicas have always been pretty near the top of my totem pole and I'd pretty much drink a gallon of fish guts at this point to get my hands on Life on Mars (try me). 

I look forward to getting to know some of you guys and hopefully getting back into the trading scene. Don't be afraid to say hi!

I'm so conflicted about your post! On the one hand you stan Porcelain Black so I feel like I have to hate your guts, but on the other hand you're a GA fan so I feel like we're soulmates for life. <3  I'm a big Xenomania fan as well, but I feel like Amelia Lily must have sucked their souls out or something because ever since her they haven't released anything new at all. :shocked: Who's your favourite member of Girls Aloud boo? <3 

56 minutes ago, Countess said:

I'm so conflicted about your post! On the one hand you stan Porcelain Black so I feel like I have to hate your guts, but on the other hand you're a GA fan so I feel like we're soulmates for life. <3  I'm a big Xenomania fan as well, but I feel like Amelia Lily must have sucked their souls out or something because ever since her they haven't released anything new at all. :shocked: Who's your favourite member of Girls Aloud boo? <3 

Stanning for Porcelain is like buying a movie ticket, getting an hour into the film and realizing that it's one of the worst things you've ever sat through. But at that point you feel like you've invested so much time and energy that you have to see it through to the end. It's a relationship based on stubbornness and blind optimism; not good sense. 

Xenomania have always had a bit of trouble launching their artists, unfortunately. Three solid singles and -bam- your album's scrapped. I still haven't given up hope, though!

I really love all of Girls Aloud equally...I just love Nadine the most equally. I can't help it. She's like a Victoria's Secret model crossed with a rubber chicken. Who's your fave??

6 hours ago, WarmBlood said:

Stanning for Porcelain is like buying a movie ticket, getting an hour into the film and realizing that it's one of the worst things you've ever sat through. But at that point you feel like you've invested so much time and energy that you have to see it through to the end. It's a relationship based on stubbornness and blind optimism; not good sense. 

Xenomania have always had a bit of trouble launching their artists, unfortunately. Three solid singles and -bam- your album's scrapped. I still haven't given up hope, though!

I really love all of Girls Aloud equally...I just love Nadine the most equally. I can't help it. She's like a Victoria's Secret model crossed with a rubber chicken. Who's your fave??

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: That Porcelain analogy is so accurate, holy shit...I used to feel the same way about Azealia before I ditched that bitch. :morning: 

And yeah, totally agreed about Xenomania! It seems like they do a much better job working with already established labels rather than trying to handle promotional duties as well as songwriting, because I'm pretty sure they've never had a successful launch? Omg, I love Nadine as well and I hate how much dust she gets paid, especially because most of it seems to be by her ex-band mates. :stretcher: I also really like Sarah - she has an underdog quality that I find appealing and she seems like a genuinely nice person! I used to really like Nicola (and she still has the best solo career imo) but after hearing what Nadine said about how she was basically forced to disband the group I now see NCK as like the three evil stepsisters ruining Sarah and Nadine's lives. :morning: 

6 minutes ago, Countess said:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: That Porcelain analogy is so accurate, holy shit...I used to feel the same way about Azealia before I ditched that bitch. :morning: 

And yeah, totally agreed about Xenomania! It seems like they do a much better job working with already established labels rather than trying to handle promotional duties as well as songwriting, because I'm pretty sure they've never had a successful launch? Omg, I love Nadine as well and I hate how much dust she gets paid, especially because most of it seems to be by her ex-band mates. :stretcher: I also really like Sarah - she has an underdog quality that I find appealing and she seems like a genuinely nice person! I used to really like Nicola (and she still has the best solo career imo) but after hearing what Nadine said about how she was basically forced to disband the group I now see NCK as like the three evil stepsisters ruining Sarah and Nadine's lives. :morning: 

You're my kinda gal. If they really loved us, they'd have pretended to like each other long enough for Nadine the group to record one last proper album. I would not have been pressed at all to get 10 more "Every Now And Then"s. Instead we got "Beautiful Cause You Love Me," because why not ditch your favored producers to record a ballad without your lead singer, right? :morning: I loved how the last tour had such a clean division in the group. It was very much "here's Chimola, and back there are the two pretty girls Cheryl's contract says she doesn't have to stand next to anymore!" As an aside, did you know that Chimola is an African name meaning "the seizer or breaker of things"? This breakup was cosmic. 

In all honesty, if Nicola ever decides to get back into the studio and write another electropop album about being ginger, I think I can put my saltiness on hold long enough to keep it on replay for the next decade of my life. By then Sarah should be putting the finishing touches on her debut. :stretcher:

17 hours ago, WarmBlood said:

You're my kinda gal. If they really loved us, they'd have pretended to like each other long enough for Nadine the group to record one last proper album. I would not have been pressed at all to get 10 more "Every Now And Then"s. Instead we got "Beautiful Cause You Love Me," because why not ditch your favored producers to record a ballad without your lead singer, right? :morning: I loved how the last tour had such a clean division in the group. It was very much "here's Chimola, and back there are the two pretty girls Cheryl's contract says she doesn't have to stand next to anymore!" As an aside, did you know that Chimola is an African name meaning "the seizer or breaker of things"? This breakup was cosmic. 

In all honesty, if Nicola ever decides to get back into the studio and write another electropop album about being ginger, I think I can put my saltiness on hold long enough to keep it on replay for the next decade of my life. By then Sarah should be putting the finishing touches on her debut. :stretcher:

Pretty much this. :stretcher: The fact that 'Beautiful Cause You Love Me' broke their top ten streak makes me so sad. I still think 'On The Metro' is one of their most solid songs yet and it's a crime it never got released as a farewell single. And in a weird way the division in the group you're talking about I think added to the tension in the verses and pushed them all to try and outdo each other with their ad libs which turned out pretty awesome! :shocked: I didn't know about the Chimola reference tho! But I'm not surprised, we already knew from that Out of Control tour opening that they were all goddesses. ;)

I'd be here for another Nicola album, but it seems as though she's much more interested in writing for other artists atm which is sad. :'( She should at least be getting together with Xenomania again and writing another 'Memory of You'. While she's at it she can write a hit for Sarah because as much as I love the good sis Mother Mayhem that EP was tragic.

Archived