Doomsday Squad:

Spoiler

BITCH

Cypher

Mitch

@Mona Lisa

Neon

@trayertrash

Doomsday Squad, welcome to your war room! This will be the main hub for you to discuss tasks, choose eliminations, and compile your work during your time on PHF Apprentice.

Please check the main thread for instructions on this weeks task, and get to work! As per usual, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me in the main post.

Good luck!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should also probably discuss over skype not on here since the other team will be able to see :vacuum:

Here are some photos we could use for the album art - Personally, i think we should use the first one but I'm open to anything :D

o_SIZZY_facebook.jpg

Sizzy_Rocket.jpg

sizzy_rocket_by_rc21_photography.jpg

sizzy_rocket_e1434398562902.jpg

Unfortunately I don't really use Skype, but someone can PM me any decisions made through Skype. I personally like the second photo (black and white). I feel like we can make a cool concept with that.

As for a team name, here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:

• Team Dynamic
  • Fab Four
  • Vicious Mafia
  • Four n' Aces
  • The Four Horsemen
  • Doomsday Squad

^Hopefully there's a few keywords we can use for a cool name!

@BITCH I don't mind being the team captain either. If anything, we can even co-lead the team. :) 

Potential Album Names:

• American Royalty
  • Bedroom Secrets
  • Electric Touch
  • Street Romance

Feel free to take keywords and form your own combination/new name from the suggestions above.
I personally really think American Royalty is a pretty encompassing name from the songs I've heard.

If I were to lay out an album with the given songs, it would probably be along the lines of this:

1. Bestie
  2. Hotline Bling (Drake Cover)
  3. Kingpin
  4. Bad Kids
  5. Need Somebody
  6. Girls (Beastie Boys Cover)
  7. Bitch Better Have My Money (Rihanna Cover)
  8. Boy
  9. Jamie
  10. Queen (Perfume Genius Cover)

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

Unfortunately I don't really use Skype, but someone can PM me any decisions made through Skype. I personally like the second photo (black and white). I feel like we can make a cool concept with that.

As for a team name, here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:

• Team Dynamic
  • Fab Four
  • Vicious Mafia
  • Four n' Aces
  • The Four Horsemen
  • Doomsday Squad

^Hopefully there's a few keywords we can use for a cool name!

@BITCH I don't mind being the team captain either. If anything, we can even co-lead the team. :) 

I like doomsday squad

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

Potential Album Names:

• American Royalty
  • Bedroom Secrets
  • Electric Touch
  • Street Romance

Feel free to take keywords and form your own combination/new name from the suggestions above.
I personally really think American Royalty is a pretty encompassing name from the songs I've heard.

If I were to lay out an album with the given songs, it would probably be along the lines of this:

1. Bestie
  2. Hotline Bling (Drake Cover)
  3. Kingpin
  4. Bad Kids
  5. Need Somebody
  6. Girls (Beastie Boys Cover)
  7. Bitch Better Have My Money (Rihanna Cover)
  8. Boy
  9. Jamie
  10. Queen (Perfume Genius Cover)

I like American Royalty, Same with street romance but i think AR is more fitting. The tracklist needs work, i don't think we should have her covers on it 

4 hours ago, BITCH said:

I like doomsday squad

I like American Royalty, Same with street romance but i think AR is more fitting. The tracklist needs work, i don't think we should have her covers on it 

2 votes for Doomsday Squad for the team name and 2 votes for American Royalty for the album name! @mitch @Neon what do you guys think? I wanna make sure we all agree!

As for the track list, I agree. I don't like including the covers, maybe 1, but not all of them. I like the inclusion of "Queen" cause it showcases a bit more of her downtempo style. Does she have other material we haven't dug up?

@Donald Trump Is there going to be a punishment for teams that steal from other teams? Ideas, research, concepts, etc. Do you want someone who's gonna cut corners working for PHF?

7 minutes ago, Cypher said:

2 votes for Doomsday Squad for the team name and 2 votes for American Royalty for the album name! @mitch @Neon what do you guys think? I wanna make sure we all agree!

I'm so down for American Royalty, I like the black and white photo the most if I had to choose, Doomsday Squad sounds killer so I'm in on that, and I agree with the tracklist...there are too many covers and makes it seem less realistic idk. Maybe have one or two covers. Let's dig up some more of her material 

Team Name: Doomsday Squad
Voted: @Cypher @BITCH @mitch @Neon

Album Name: American Royalty
Voted: @Cypher @BITCH @mitch @Neon

Cover Art Photo: 2nd, Black and White
Voted: @Cypher @mitch @Neon

I think this is everything thus far. Feel free to cast your vote if you see your name missing for a certain section! Once we have everything settled, Imma go post in the original thread our team name. We should probably get a track list ironed out today. Anyone wanna take on the task of writing a press release? Just a rough draft, we can all look over the draft and make edits based off fit. I would say Google Docs is best for a press release. I can start drafting images of "demo CDs" to be sent out. They're gonna be pretty plain like most demo CDs though.

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

As for the track list, I agree. I don't like including the covers, maybe 1, but not all of them. I like the inclusion of "Queen" cause it showcases a bit more of her downtempo style. Does she have other material we haven't dug up?

@Donald Trump Is there going to be a punishment for teams that steal from other teams? Ideas, research, concepts, etc. Do you want someone who's gonna cut corners working for PHF?

There won't be any official penalty, no. Part of the challenge will be trying to keep these kinds of things under wraps until their release. But I'm definitely paying attention to both of the war rooms so if there's extremely obvious copying then I will definitely take that into consideration when ranking. ;) 

8 hours ago, Neon said:

I like Doomsday Squad for the team name. I also agree with American Royalty for the title. And I also agree with the 2nd photo because it looks the best for me from all the choices.

I made a draft tracklisting with only one cover tho, but I also agree with @Cypher's tracklist:

1. Need Somebody
  2. Girls (Beastie Boys Cover)
  3. Bestie
  4. Bad Kids
  5. Boy
  6. Kingpin

You can add/remove or edit anything because it's just a concept draft :P

and @Cypher, I'm going to try to make a draft press release and when I'm done I'll post or PM it.

Awesome, sounds good! I would say we should move everything to Google Docs so the other team can't steal any more of our information. Do all of y'all use gmail? I can create a document that includes all the info, this way we can edit things at our own pace. PM me your preferred e-mails!

Archived