78violet Debut Their New Name As...

Main Pop Girl

This is a mess. :shocked: After everyone making a big deal about the new phase in their career the whole thing just fizzled out, and now they go back to their original name? I'm not here for another false start, release an album and then I'll care about your fifteenth name change. :morning: 

• YAAASSS 2

10 minutes ago, Countess said:

I honestly think that 78violet is more mature sounding and matches their songs better, but Aly & AJ already has a fanbase so they might as well capitalise on that name. :vacuum: 

Maybe I'm turned off to 78violet just cause how messy those eras were. They recorded what, 3? 4? albums?

• YAAASSS 1

They only recorded one album as 78violet. Their two unreleased Hollywood Records albums were both under Aly & AJ. 

78violet was a dumb name imo. ("7 and 8 are our favorite numbers and we like the color violet") :/ 

Also dumb is deciding to go back to your original names. If you weren't happy with it then, why are you doing it now???

Thank god they're going back to A&A. Trying to re-brand themselves was one of their stupidest moves imo.

11 hours ago, trizzy said:

They only recorded one album as 78violet. Their two unreleased Hollywood Records albums were both under Aly & AJ. 

78violet was a dumb name imo. ("7 and 8 are our favorite numbers and we like the color violet") :/ 

Also dumb is deciding to go back to your original names. If you weren't happy with it then, why are you doing it now???

Only one unreleased album was under Aly & AJ. HR2 (Lovesick, Next Worst Thing) was under 78violet as it was going to be self-titled as 78violet.

• YAAASSS 1

On 12/13/2015, 4:01:06, Zach said:

Thank god they're going back to A&A. Trying to re-brand themselves was one of their stupidest moves imo.

Only one unreleased album was under Aly & AJ. HR2 (Lovesick, Next Worst Thing) was under 78violet as it was going to be self-titled as 78violet.

Is that really how they chose their name? :stretcher:  Okay, that's officially an absolute mess. If they wanted a more mature sound they should have gone for The Michalka Sisters or something.

On 12/16/2015, 9:47:52, Cry Baby said:

I guess i am the only one who preffered 78violet, i hope they changed just name, not the sound, i love the vibe of Hothouse

I wasn't a fan of 'Hothouse' tbh. :morning: I was more excited for an album with 'Boy' as the lead single so I hope they keep up that sound a little more.

• YAAASSS 1

5 hours ago, Countess said:

I wasn't a fan of 'Hothouse' tbh. :morning: I was more excited for an album with 'Boy' as the lead single so I hope they keep up that sound a little more.

I haven't heard of them before Hothouse, after Hothouse i downloaded their earlier stuff, and it sounded too "rock-ish" i didn't like it.