If you just got signed to a major label...

Cypher

Well, as someone that's into the hip-hop/r&b scene, I would love to be signed to OVO. I would work with so many producers like Boi 1da, 40, and Hit-Boy. My promotion would kind of be weird though. Like I hate anticipations so I would probably surprise drop everything. If not, at least give a couple hours of warning. Lol.

3 hours ago, Kevinn Edu said:

Well, as someone that's into the hip-hop/r&b scene, I would love to be signed to OVO. I would work with so many producers like Boi 1da, 40, and Hit-Boy. My promotion would kind of be weird though. Like I hate anticipations so I would probably surprise drop everything. If not, at least give a couple hours of warning. Lol.

That's the one that was founded by Drake right?

Interesting idea that you'd go with surprise releases for your singles and whatnot. Do you pretty much hate Ariana's release for "Focus"? Like a month in advanced promo.

On 10/29/2015, 11:38:43, Cypher said:

That's the one that was founded by Drake right?

Interesting idea that you'd go with surprise releases for your singles and whatnot. Do you pretty much hate Ariana's release for "Focus"? Like a month in advanced promo.

Yup! Love their work so much. Lol.

But yes! I really do! We have this hype for a month and some people end up just giving up or start thinking to much about it that once the song comes out, it's just...meh. And besides that, sometimes when songs and albums are announced in advance, they could get pushed back for whatever reason and I actually hate that even more than a month's worth of promotion. And even worse, sometimes projects are just scrapped and everyone is just left with the void in their heart on what could've been the greatest thing ever.

1 hour ago, Kevinn Edu said:

Yup! Love their work so much. Lol.

But yes! I really do! We have this hype for a month and some people end up just giving up or start thinking to much about it that once the song comes out, it's just...meh. And besides that, sometimes when songs and albums are announced in advance, they could get pushed back for whatever reason and I actually hate that even more than a month's worth of promotion. And even worse, sometimes projects are just scrapped and everyone is just left with the void in their heart on what could've been the greatest thing ever.

I can definitely see that. *cough*Sky Ferreira Nikki Williams Bonnie McKee etc. etc. etc.

This is such a hard question! But I think for my first album I'd have it pretty far-reaching so I can hit as many different focus groups as possible. ;) It would probably be called Variety Hour and have like fifteen tracks of completely different genres that all make up exactly an hour of listening. I'd probably have a pop song by Xenomania released as the lead single, followed by a dance track for the second and maybe R&B for the third. I think the album would really lend itself to a tour so I'd definitely promo with that, and with cabaret themed performances on TV shows.

• 1 month later...

I'm late but whatever, I would love eto be signed to Interscope or one of it's branches due to the reach it has, my first colabs would be with Björk and Zedd, and my first big project would be called 'Monolith', a concept album based on the theory of Evolution and artistic growth and would be me expierementing with different sounds and parts of Music Theory. 

On 12/15/2015, 3:21:53, Matilda Mantis said:

I'm late but whatever, I would love eto be signed to Interscope or one of it's branches due to the reach it has, my first colabs would be with Björk and Zedd, and my first big project would be called 'Monolith', a concept album based on the theory of Evolution and artistic growth and would be me expierementing with different sounds and parts of Music Theory. 

Okay then Willow Smith. :morning: Although a Björk and Zedd collab sounds flawless!

On 11/3/2015, 7:18:13, Countess said:

This is such a hard question! But I think for my first album I'd have it pretty far-reaching so I can hit as many different focus groups as possible. ;) It would probably be called Variety Hour and have like fifteen tracks of completely different genres that all make up exactly an hour of listening. I'd probably have a pop song by Xenomania released as the lead single, followed by a dance track for the second and maybe R&B for the third. I think the album would really lend itself to a tour so I'd definitely promo with that, and with cabaret themed performances on TV shows.

This is pretty smart, cause theoretically, you could just release like 5 singles at once, but service them to different radio stations based on genre. You'd literally just take over airwaves!

On 12/14/2015, 8:21:53, Matilda Mantis said:

With Interscope, you might as well go track down Gaga too.

10 hours ago, Cypher said:

This is pretty smart, cause theoretically, you could just release like 5 singles at once, but service them to different radio stations based on genre. You'd literally just take over airwaves!

Right? :hail: It's like the maximum amount of crossover appeal possible! ;)

And good luck to my competitor @Matilda Mantis . :morning: I'm pretty sure Gaga will be leaving Interscope after her next album so it will be a short lived success. :magic:

11 hours ago, Cypher said:

I honestly doubt any record label wants to throw $$$$ like that ;) 

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 months later...

1. A smaller label, like Allie's sleepless records. They let her do a lot of cool stuff. 

2. I can't really think of a producer. But i'd like a smaller one that no one really knows about, one that makes really clean and fresh beats.

3. Very Lana teas, I would post about it like 2 days before a single, a few hours before a video.