YouTuber Shane Dawson Comes Out as Bi

YouTuber Shane Dawson has come out as bisexual.

The video maker, who has nearly seven million subscribers, is one of the biggest names on the internet – and has a huge teenage following.

He came out as bi in a video posted today, on his YouTube channel Shane Dawson TV.

The 26-year-old said: “This is a really hard video to make. I’m really scared… I never thought I would be making this, ever. I woke up this morning and I just had to.

“I’m making this video because I feel like it could help a lot of people. Over the last year, I’ve been extremely sexually confused.

“I always wished that I was gay, that I was just 100 percent gay. It would be a lot easier to be accepted by people… but I’m not.

“I’m not completely gay, and I can’t sit here and say that I am… but I also can’t sit here and say that I’m straight.

“I’ve come to the conclusion, through therapy and through being honest with myself, I am bisexual.

The star opened up about his struggle with his sexuality from a young age, struggling with his religious family, an eating disorder and depression.

He continued: “In a lot of coming out videos, people who are gay or lesbian, they’re so confident.

“I’m not that. I don’t know who I am 100 percent. I know a lot of you guys feel the same way.”

Proud of him tbh. <3 I know a lot of people online hate him but I think he has a genuinely good heart and I'm happy to see him being so brave in who he is! 

Edited by H.B.I.C.

I'm just tired of all of these YouTubers coming out all at the same time. It's like they all planned a coming out party and filmed their videos together so they could generate millions of views. Don't get me wrong, it's good to know they're gay/bi and comfortable with coming out... but seriously it's like they're doing it for views and that annoys me. 

• YAAASSS 1

Lisa's video was absolutely devastating to watch. I don't really watch YouTubers any more, but I always believed that Shane and Lisa would last forever. The last minute really got me tearing up.

That being said, I'm glad that Shane is finally learning to accept himself for who he is! Tbh, I never actually suspected him as gay (I just thought he was an overly-camp guy who liked to play up to the gay rumours for humour's sake), so I am a little surprised at this. 

• YAAASSS 1

Here's his, now ex-girlfriend's, video about the whole thing.

Lisa's video was absolutely devastating to watch. I don't really watch YouTubers any more, but I always believed that Shane and Lisa would last forever. The last minute really got me tearing up.

That being said, I'm glad that Shane is finally learning to accept himself for who he is! Tbh, I never actually suspected him as gay (I just thought he was an overly-camp guy who liked to play up to the gay rumours for humour's sake), so I am a little surprised at this. 

Fucking seriously. That last minute.

I'm just tired of all of these YouTubers coming out all at the same time. It's like they all planned a coming out party and filmed their videos together so they could generate millions of views. Don't get me wrong, it's good to know they're gay/bi and comfortable with coming out... but seriously it's like they're doing it for views and that annoys me. 

I do know what you mean, but I feel it's less the fault of the YouTubers and more the fault of the fans and media. Like, it's totally Shane's prerogative to come out and we shouldn't be blaming him for that, I feel like we should be blaming MTV and all these other websites who are now proclaiming him as some national hero just for being bi. :stretcher:

I never really cared that much for Lisa, but it's sad to see her so open and vulnerable like that. :'( Total props to her for handling it with such honesty and class though, I have a newfound respect for her tbh. I'm surprised you didn't clock Shane as gay tho, I thought that the first time I saw him! :stretcher: 

• YAAASSS 2

%7Boption%7Dhttps://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv77ubJSxX1r76lino1_400.gif

I'm tired of this YTers coming out and then selling albums or books or something tbh. The same that Joey Graceffa did.

I don't really see him because I'm so tired of all of the Tyler Oakley queen club of YTers but it's just like a rule, you wanna make videos, you have to be a queer, Tyler Oakley is the Matthew Lush of Youtube.

I'm tired of this YTers coming out and then selling albums or books or something tbh. The same that Joey Graceffa did.

I don't really see him because I'm so tired of all of the Tyler Oakley queen club of YTers but it's just like a rule, you wanna make videos, you have to be a queer, Tyler Oakley is the Matthew Lush of Youtube.

Idk who Matthew Lush is, but I agree with you. :vacuum: Not that that's a bad thing, but it's just that the majority of those kids like Tyler and all the O2L boys are fucking annoying. We should hype up PewdiePie so he can get another ten million followers tbh. #StraightPride

Idk who Matthew Lush is, but I agree with you. :vacuum: Not that that's a bad thing, but it's just that the majority of those kids like Tyler and all the O2L boys are fucking annoying. We should hype up PewdiePie so he can get another ten million followers tbh. #StraightPride

%7Boption%7Dhttp://40.media.tumblr.com/1d444354b331d784ff59d66d19e8ce56/tumblr_nr30lsNX7g1sxhowpo1_1280.jpg

aka GayGod, he is also a youtuber but I knew him on Myspace 

That's why I only care of let's players (video game channels)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://40.media.tumblr.com/1d444354b331d784ff59d66d19e8ce56/tumblr_nr30lsNX7g1sxhowpo1_1280.jpg

Oooooooh yeah, I saw him in some collab he did with Miles Jai. :stretcher: Cute hair, but, like, no. You should watch Trisha Paytas, she's a straight, white, Christian woman and proud! :magic:

Oooooooh yeah, I saw him in some collab he did with Miles Jai. :stretcher: Cute hair, but, like, no. You should watch Trisha Paytas, she's a straight, white, Christian woman and proud! :magic:

She is the blonde girl with big boobs right? I know most of them because of Willam's Beatdown lol

She is the blonde girl with big boobs right? I know most of them because of Willam's Beatdown lol

Yeah. :stretcher: She's the one who thinks dogs don't have brains and men are naturally superior to women 

Edited by H.B.I.C.

Yeah. :stretcher: She's the one who thinks dogs don't have brains and men are naturally superior not o women 

That was one of her troll videos lmao she's not stupid enough to think dogs don't have brains lol