Avengers: Age of Ultron

Cypher

Has anyone seen this yet? I just got back from the cinema, and I must say, there were parts I loved and parts I did not care for. But I don't wanna give away any spoilers yet, so I'll wait for peoples' responses so we can chat using the Spoiler heading.

I saw this last night and generally enjoyed it. Some spoiler type thoughts:

- I saw it in 3D, on the request of a friend, and I think I'm done forever with something that costs $5 more and makes everything look blurry;

- I've never cared about Hawkeye, but he's arguably the central character of the movie. I liked seeing his family, and there was a genuine chemistry between him and his wife;

- The 'Language!' running gag cracked me up every time;

- as did the fact that Stark and Banner got to play mad scientist TWICE, with the right balance of outcomes;

- I don't like the endless, disposable robot enemies idea, but it didn't work any worse than usual;

- Black Widow was great, but still didn't pass the Bechdel test from casual viewing;

- Thor/Hemsworth remains the most charismatic character, and I wanted a better explanation of his visions - the guy is lterally a god, and still has never been fully exploited;

- I can't wrap my head around the idea of the younger sister of the Olsen twins being both great and hot, but there she was, and she was maybe my favourite character in the movie;

and - there were obviously some classic Joss Whedon lines, which worked great, but I found slightly jarring because I kept thinking 'great Joss line' rather than 'haha Stark nailed it!'

- I saw it in 3D, on the request of a friend, and I think I'm done forever with something that costs $5 more and makes everything look blurry;

- I've never cared about Hawkeye, but he's arguably the central character of the movie. I liked seeing his family, and there was a genuine chemistry between him and his wife;

- as did the fact that Stark and Banner got to play mad scientist TWICE, with the right balance of outcomes;

- I don't like the endless, disposable robot enemies idea, but it didn't work any worse than usual;

- Black Widow was great, but still didn't pass the Bechdel test from casual viewing;

- Thor/Hemsworth remains the most charismatic character, and I wanted a better explanation of his visions - the guy is lterally a god, and still has never been fully exploited;

- I can't wrap my head around the idea of the younger sister of the Olsen twins being both great and hot, but there she was, and she was maybe my favourite character in the movie;

and - there were obviously some classic Joss Whedon lines, which worked great, but I found slightly jarring because I kept thinking 'great Joss line' rather than 'haha Stark nailed it!'

I pretty much agree with everything you listed. :stretcher:

I haven't seen it yet but I'm dying to! The first one was a total guilty pleasure and I'm in the middle of watching Angels of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil right this moment. Looking forward to watching this, I hope ScarJo gets a bigger part! :hail:

You'll be happy with that. ScarJo definitely has a larger role.

Yeah I'm gonna just wait to see it when it I can find the torrent online lmao

I hate super heroes movies, especially the Marvel's one, but i liked the first Avangers, when someone upload this on TPB I will give one check

I would say it's a fun movie to watch, but yeah, waiting for the download is a good route to take.

I pretty much agree with everything you listed. :stretcher:

I haven't seen it yet but I'm dying to! The first one was a total guilty pleasure and I'm in the middle of watching Angels of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil right this moment. Looking forward to watching this, I hope ScarJo gets a bigger part! :hail:

You'll be happy with that. ScarJo definitely has a larger role.

Yeah I'm gonna just wait to see it when it I can find the torrent online lmao

I hate super heroes movies, especially the Marvel's one, but i liked the first Avangers, when someone upload this on TPB I will give one check

I would say it's a fun movie to watch, but yeah, waiting for the download is a good route to take.

Slay queen. :hail: Although from what I've heard, the people over at Marvel really don't know how to use her character. Like, in the first movie she was a love interest to further Hawkeye's plot, then in the last Captain America she did the same for him, and now apparently she's doing it for The Hulk? Such a slut tbh. :vacuum:

Slay queen. :hail: Although from what I've heard, the people over at Marvel really don't know how to use her character. Like, in the first movie she was a love interest to further Hawkeye's plot, then in the last Captain America she did the same for him, and now apparently she's doing it for The Hulk? Such a slut tbh. :vacuum:

It's a shame cause I feel like if they kept her single and, not to sound cliché, but independant, she might even be more likable cause she's a badass, but yeah, they keep making her the love interest and that seems to be all she's good for.

It's a shame cause I feel like if they kept her single and, not to sound cliché, but independant, she might even be more likable cause she's a badass, but yeah, they keep making her the love interest and that seems to be all she's good for.

Right?! :vacuum: It's so annoying because there's like three other female characters they could have used as love interests, or they could have done something cool and just made the Hulk and Captain America fuck buddies, but instead they just keep using ScarJo for some reason. So random. :stretcher:

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to say I went and saw this on Wednesday! I didn't dislike it, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first one for me. Some thoughts:

I feel like the twin brother's death in the film was really unnecessary and probably shouldn't have happened until the next movie. They needed to build a stronger connection between the two first (especially given that they have a literal telepathic connection) before killing him off so quickly.

Also, both of the twins accents we're shocking which really turned me off them at first, although Scarlet Witch definitely grew on me by the end.

Black Widow's character is literally a mess at this point. I liked that they tried to give her a backstory but it was so random, and her new romance with Banner was completely out of place and forced. Her character has now gone through three different incarnations (she was completely different in the first Avengers and Captain America and I don't understand why, given how obsessed Whedon is with feminism, he can't get it right with her.

Who was the new Avenger at the end who hadn't been introduced at all? Is he from Captain America or something? I liked the new lineup of superheroes for the next film, it looks pretty exciting. I'm also hoping that with all these gems coming together we'll get a crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.