Haters Drive Iggy Azalea into Hiding

Cypher

She's playing off everything she's done wrong and trying to get sympathy from her fans and the like by throwing a fit over something that literally every celebrity deals with everyday. If she doesn't like the limelight, I'm sure everyone would be ecstatic to welcome her right out of it. I wouldn't give away my social media accounts to my managers just because people are saying mean things to me - at one point you have to grow up and just forget about it. Her actions got her where she is and I hope she knows that.

Sorry, I'm not exactly jumping ship over a celebrity being cyberbullied. Some people have it a lot worse off then Iggy - who can go cry into her designer pillows. Some people have real world problems.

So does this mean all those people who are committing suicide every year should just get their shit together and stop crying, cutting, and taking pills? Like grow up already cause some people have real world problems.

Not at all. As someone who's been on the brink multiple times, I can say pretty honestly that I don't think Iggy's problems are as bad as those of many other people who've had their dirty laundry aired. Sure, the Papa John's incident was an annoyance, but to get so worked up over it and then to put all those tweets out in public, when I'm sure she could've dealt with a manager at the shop privately? That speaks to her status as an attention-seeking person. Her rant to that paparazzo in the parking lot of that grocery store also speaks to this. She knew full well that she was being filmed and chose to go on a rant against the evils of paparazzi, despite the fact that it was entirely her choice to decide whether or not to try to be famous. She could pull a full Sia, for all I care. At least Sia did it for the right reasons, since she's an intelligent enough person to be creative in her solutions to the problems of celebrity life.

Guest Natalia

She's playing off everything she's done wrong and trying to get sympathy from her fans and the like by throwing a fit over something that literally every celebrity deals with everyday. If she doesn't like the limelight, I'm sure everyone would be ecstatic to welcome her right out of it. I wouldn't give away my social media accounts to my managers just because people are saying mean things to me - at one point you have to grow up and just forget about it. Her actions got her where she is and I hope she knows that.

Sorry, I'm not exactly jumping ship over a celebrity being cyberbullied. Some people have it a lot worse off then Iggy - who can go cry into her designer pillows. Some people have real world problems.

So does this mean all those people who are committing suicide every year should just get their shit together and stop crying, cutting, and taking pills? Like grow up already cause some people have real world problems.

My point was directed towards Iggy Azalea and celebrities in general, so I guess you missed that, but if you wanna twist my words around simply because I don't sympathize with an inevitability that comes with being a celebrity then you can. There's a huge difference when a celebrity is cyberbullied or when someone like you or I am - a celebrity gets vast attention while normal people don't, and she's taking advantage of that for her own selfish reasons. That's wrong and while it's definitely wrong she's being shamed for her body, the racist comments and homophobic comments make it hard to feel bad for someone so damn stupid. Even with an apology it wouldn't make it alright, she still said it and meant it when she did.

Long story short, I'm not gonna be one of the goodie bags at Iggy's pity party when she's trying to get sympathy so everyone will forget what she's done/said. 

Not at all. As someone who's been on the brink multiple times, I can say pretty honestly that I don't think Iggy's problems are as bad as those of many other people who've had their dirty laundry aired. Sure, the Papa John's incident was an annoyance, but to get so worked up over it and then to put all those tweets out in public, when I'm sure she could've dealt with a manager at the shop privately? That speaks to her status as an attention-seeking person. Her rant to that paparazzo in the parking lot of that grocery store also speaks to this. She knew full well that she was being filmed and chose to go on a rant against the evils of paparazzi, despite the fact that it was entirely her choice to decide whether or not to try to be famous. She could pull a full Sia, for all I care. At least Sia did it for the right reasons, since she's an intelligent enough person to be creative in her solutions to the problems of celebrity life.

But the point that she was making in the parking lot and on Twitter about Papa John's wasn't about the situation itself, she was talking about the fact that she should have 10 minutes to go to a grocery store and get groceries or be able to order pizza without feeling like someone was stalking her. That's an invasion of privacy, celebrity or not.

But the point that she was making in the parking lot and on Twitter about Papa John's wasn't about the situation itself, she was talking about the fact that she should have 10 minutes to go to a grocery store and get groceries or be able to order pizza without feeling like someone was stalking her. That's an invasion of privacy, celebrity or not.

Privacy is not a right guaranteed to any citizen of the United States under any circumstances. By becoming a celebrity, you give up an implied right. The second you decide to hit it big, your days of keeping things under wraps are 100% done. Iggy's naïve if she didn't realize that beforehand.

Guest Natalia

Privacy is not a right guaranteed to any citizen of the United States under any circumstances. By becoming a celebrity, you give up an implied right. The second you decide to hit it big, your days of keeping things under wraps are 100% done. Iggy's naïve if she didn't realize that beforehand.

Exactly.

Oh, but there are some laws that are supposed to be used to enforce privacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Shine_the_Light_law - Regarding the whole pizza thing

Guest Natalia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Shine_the_Light_law - Regarding the whole pizza thing

Looks like she should take that up with Papa Johns.

If I were to log onto Twitter right now, I'm pretty sure I would see plenty of rants, most of which are worse than that of Iggy's. I've seen Tweets with more racist and homophobic context than Iggy's, but they don't seem to have the same treatment, which causes them to continue. I mean, yes, Iggy could deal with it privately with her manager, but then why aren't there people chasing down every single "bully Tweet" ever sent out? At the end game, Iggy's a person who sent out stupid Tweets and said dumb things, but the author of those other Tweets is also a person who sent out stupid Tweets and said dumb things. The double standard comes in because Iggy's a celebrity? That's what I'm understanding.

My point was directed towards Iggy Azalea and celebrities in general, so I guess you missed that, but if you wanna twist my words around simply because I don't sympathize with an inevitability that comes with being a celebrity then you can. There's a huge difference when a celebrity is cyberbullied or when someone like you or I am - a celebrity gets vast attention while normal people don't, and she's taking advantage of that for her own selfish reasons. That's wrong and while it's definitely wrong she's being shamed for her body, the racist comments and homophobic comments make it hard to feel bad for someone so damn stupid. Even with an apology it wouldn't make it alright, she still said it and meant it when she did.

Long story short, I'm not gonna be one of the goodie bags at Iggy's pity party when she's trying to get sympathy so everyone will forget what she's done/said.

Once again, the double standard comes in because Iggy's a celebrity? That's what I'm understanding.

What about the glass ceiling that women had, and still have 'till today? There's a double standard for them too, are you gonna be quick to defend that and say men are superior to women and deserve a higher pay for exact same work?

I'm not targeting you or trying to convert your way of thinking, I'm legitimately curious about your mindset, cause I only know my own mindset. This helps me see a different way of thinking.

Implied is a relative term though. Person A and Person B could assume two very different 'implied' things given any circumstance. While you and (probably the majority of society) believes that becoming a celebrity implies you give up your private life/security, it doesn't mean it's the law. In other words, what I understand from your comment basically translates into "Iggy didn't realize my opinion, therefore, she's wrong."

For anyone who's reading/responding, I'm not picking on anyone or trying to change anyone's mindset/point of view, so no need to get defensive. I'm legitimately interested in reading varying mindsets and I respect everyone's opinion. But because I'm not you, I can't comprehend your way of thinking 100%, so forgive me if I misinterpret something. Just kindly explain your point of view so I can understand.

Looks like she should take that up with Papa Johns.

That's what she did, but she probably also thought it would be a good idea to put it out there publicly so celebrities know not to order there unless that want, once again, a privacy breach.