Mariah Carey Becomes Vegas Chanteuse

B7XxXsHCQAEKM7-.jpg

JustJared.com

@MariahCarey just officially announced her Las Vegas residency news! Watch the video here: http://jus.tj/c3y

The Grammy-winning singer made an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing on Thursday (January 15), to announce the news.

“I'm going to do my first ever residency in Vegas at Caesars. This is a special event for me,” Mariah said. “And again, I have to hope that the fans will enjoy this cause I’m gonna be performing, which was kind of inspired by my album Number 1’s, and this is now the updated version with 18 of them.”

This could be good for her tbh! I don't think she's gonna be making that much money off album sales, and TV clearly didn't work out for her, so touring's the way to go imo. She already has the fun, over the top diva attitude which would work well in Vegas, so all she has to work on now is keeping her voice in good condition so she can keep hitting those high notes! I hope she performs some songs other than her #1's tho, the elusive chanteuse era is so underrated. :

I wonder how much she's getting paid to do this. Considering she has a penthouse in NY for just her shoes, she better be making coins to help support that.

You already know that the greedy chanteuse wouldn't do this for free! :hail: She's probably making more in a minute than Ariana has in her entire career. :hat: