Taylor Swift Explains Why She's Left Spotify

I see where she's coming from, but I also disagree. I mean, no one's claiming the music is theirs, they're just listening to it through an app. But again, I do see where she's coming from as well, and as someone who doesn't have a problem selling albums, I'm surprised she's counting her dollars.

PS: That photo of her is amazing. :hail:

You pay for Spotify? :cypher:

I think there's like a free version which has ads and a premium version which you can pay for? Idk, the only person I know who uses it is my dad. :stretcher:

Ad revenues from Spotify's free users are massive. They began to eclipse the revenue artists get from iTunes downloads earlier this year.

Really?! I guess that makes sense given how many ads a Spotify user might go through to listen to an entire day's worth of songs, but I still can't believe that a single stream earns artists more money than one download. Although then again, I'm not sure how much money Apple takes for every iTunes buy, so...

The CEO of Spotify has responded to her!

Spotify CEO Daniel Ek is getting tired of the narrative that his company is screwing over musicians and songwriters. This morning, he took to Spotify's blog with a lengthy defense of its business and the streaming model at large. And he didn't ignore the elephant in the room: Taylor Swift's recent divorce from Spotify. "Taylor Swift is absolutely right: music is art, art has real value, and artists deserve to be paid for it," Ek wrote. "So all the talk swirling around lately about how Spotify is making money on the backs of artists upsets me big time." According to the CEO, royalties paid to Swift