Honey Boo Boo's Mother Dates Convicted Pedophile; Show Cancelled

1022-june-in-bed-tmz-wm-3.jpg

Mama June is seeing someone new, but there's a big problem ... the guy just got out of prison after serving time for molesting one of June's relatives ... TMZ has learned.

The new guy is 53-year-old Mark McDaniel. He was convicted in 2004 for aggravated child molestation. Prosecutors say he molested an 8-year-old child -- forcing oral sex. June was dating McDaniel at the same time he molested the child. 

We will not identify the child but it's someone with whom June has contact.

[img width=650 height=417] 1022-mark-mcdaniel-mug-1.jpg

McDaniel served 10 years and was released this past March. He is now a registered sex offender in the state of Georgia.

We're told Honey Boo Boo's mom has been seeing McDaniel for the last few months ... sneaking away from production of the show and meeting up with him. We're told she's also been setting him up by buying him various gifts.

The photo was taken a few weeks ago in a hotel room where June, McDaniel, and other guests were hanging out.

We contacted TLC, which produces "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." The official says, "TLC is not currently in production on HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO.  We are very concerned about this new information and are reassessing the future of the series."

We reached out to June ... so far no word back.

TLC has CANCELLED "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" TMZ has learned, in the wake of our story that Mama June is dating a convicted child molester who sexually abused one of her relatives.

The decision comes one day after TMZ broke the story ... June has been secretly dating Mark McDaniel, who got out of prison in March after serving 10 years for forcing oral sex on an 8-year-old.

We've learned June has denied she's seeing McDaniel, despite a photo we posted showing the 2 of them at a small party in a hotel room. TLC clearly did not believe her and cancelled the show because they felt she was putting her children at risk.

TLC has shot an entire new season of episodes but will not air them.  Although the show has fallen off its ratings high, we're told it's still very profitable, so TLC is taking a financial hit.

But the network is not turning its back on the kids, telling us, "Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority.  TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being." Our sources say the network will pay for tutors and counselors for the kids.

Mama June just responded -- she continues to deny that she is dating McDaniel...Watch her response here.

This is a goddamn mess. :shocked: I've never watched the show but I know it was pretty big for a while so I'm actually kinda shocked that TLC is cancelling it! But it's sweet that they're getting tutors and counselors for the kids, they're really going above and beyond. :hail: I hope her children are doing okay. :(

Thank God this show is over, I get the idea of the satire we use on the internet with funny gifd and stuff, but this whole family is disgusting, they are like the white trash version of the Kardashians, and the Kardashians are already white trash  o:-)

Right tho? :stretcher: Back when everyone was talking about this show I watched like an episode and I thought they were just disgusting and trashy and not really funny in the slightest tbh. :magic: Apparently the only reason that everyone liked them was cos they "truly loved each other" but now these reports are out I think that's sort of been disproven. :morning:

Right tho? :stretcher: Back when everyone was talking about this show I watched like an episode and I thought they were just disgusting and trashy and not really funny in the slightest tbh. :magic: Apparently the only reason that everyone liked them was cos they "truly loved each other" but now these reports are out I think that's sort of been disproven. :morning:

Here in M

I really liked this show & don't understand all the hate for it. I'm glad it's cancelled because of June's bullshit, but I NEED a spin off of Anna's life in George AND PUMPKIN NEEDS TO COME BACK INTO MY LIFE!!! Literally, Pumpkin is my twin & I miss seeing her face on my tv! Ugh. Fucking June for fucking up my fav show.

I really liked this show & don't understand all the hate for it. I'm glad it's cancelled because of June's bullshit, but I NEED a spin off of Anna's life in George AND PUMPKIN NEEDS TO COME BACK INTO MY LIFE!!! Literally, Pumpkin is my twin & I miss seeing her face on my tv! Ugh. Fucking June for fucking up my fav show.

You were the first person I thought of when I read about this news tbh. :stretcher: They really should just do a spin-off with all the characters minus Mama June!

• 2 weeks later...

This bitch is trying to claim she's not dating the guy, even though there's a photo of them in bed together. :stretcher:

Mama June is finally ready to set the record straight.

For the first time since allegedly resuming her relationship with convicted child molester Mark McDaniel, June "Mama June" Shannon is sitting down for an exclusive interview with ET's Brooke Anderson to defend her actions and answer the questions everyone has been asking. Worse, Mama June's oldest daughter Anna "Chickadee" Cardwell, 20, says he molested her when she was 8.

"I have nothing to hide, I have nothing to lose," Shannon told ET. "I just want, honestly, to tell my side of the story and let

This bitch is trying to claim she's not dating the guy, even though there's a photo of them in bed together. :stretcher:

Mama June is finally ready to set the record straight.

For the first time since allegedly resuming her relationship with convicted child molester Mark McDaniel, June "Mama June" Shannon is sitting down for an exclusive interview with ET's Brooke Anderson to defend her actions and answer the questions everyone has been asking. Worse, Mama June's oldest daughter Anna "Chickadee" Cardwell, 20, says he molested her when she was 8.

"I have nothing to hide, I have nothing to lose," Shannon told ET. "I just want, honestly, to tell my side of the story and let