Iggy Azalea Stalked by Two Pieces of Shit

Cypher

Seriously? :morning:

I understand that she might have wanted her privacy but lets be real, you cannot be a famous celebrity and not expect people to notice you or follow you around if you;re spotted in public. She seriously needs a chill pill on some real shit. Especially with that ebola comment.

Seriously? :morning:

I understand that she might have wanted her privacy but lets be real, you cannot be a famous celebrity and not expect people to notice you or follow you around if you;re spotted in public. She seriously needs a chill pill on some real shit. Especially with that ebola comment.

I actually sympathize with Iggy. Just because you're famous, that doesn't give other people the right to follow you around. If I followed around a nobody, I'd be in jail. For some reason there's a double standard that 'allows' people to follow celebrities around.

It also begs the question: Are you really bored enough with your own life to make you wanna follow someone else's?

I actually sympathize with Iggy. Just because you're famous, that doesn't give other people the right to follow you around. If I followed around a nobody, I'd be in jail. For some reason there's a double standard that 'allows' people to follow celebrities around.

It also begs the question: Are you really bored enough with your own life to make you wanna follow someone else's?

Well, yeah that's true. But I just mean she's known everywhere, how can people not point her out or follow her to see if she's real? I can understand why she's upset and would lashed out but I also think she handled the situation wrong. And I don't believe there's a double standard to that, it just how can you go about trying to be known through out the world but expected to be ignored when grocery shopping?

Well, yeah that's true. But I just mean she's known everywhere, how can people not point her out or follow her to see if she's real? I can understand why she's upset and would lashed out but I also think she handled the situation wrong. And I don't believe there's a double standard to that, it just how can you go about trying to be known through out the world but expected to be ignored when grocery shopping?

I definitely agree that she handled the situation wrong (as a celebrity, and if she was maybe having a bad day). If someone was following me like that in the grocery store, I'd probably react the same way. But again, that's where the double standard comes into play. The definition of double standard is "a rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups." A celebrity is a person - and is a person before a celebrity. With that logic, he or she's (Iggy in this case) susceptible to the same general guidelines/moral ethics as anyone else, of which the majority would say: being followed in a grocery store is not something that happens.

I definitely agree that she handled the situation wrong (as a celebrity, and if she was maybe having a bad day). If someone was following me like that in the grocery store, I'd probably react the same way. But again, that's where the double standard comes into play. The definition of double standard is "a rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups." A celebrity is a person - and is a person before a celebrity. With that logic, he or she's (Iggy in this case) susceptible to the same general guidelines/moral ethics as anyone else, of which the majority would say: being followed in a grocery store is not something that happens.

I'm actually with Kev on this one. :morning: I definitely get that Iggy might be overreacting and freaking out a little because she's new to being famous and was maybe not in the best of moods, but it's something she'll have to get used to if she wants to be famous. We're also overlooking the fact that a LOT of celebrities intentionally call the paparazzi and let them know exactly where they're gonna be so they can put on a show and get some free publicity. Obviously that wasn't the case here, but once you've done that a couple of times it becomes difficult to claim the moral highground when it comes to having your picture taken.

To be honest tho I think the guy probably should have just stopped after he saw how upset she was about it and not been such a douche. :vacuum:

I'm actually with Kev on this one. :morning: I definitely get that Iggy might be overreacting and freaking out a little because she's new to being famous and was maybe not in the best of moods, but it's something she'll have to get used to if she wants to be famous. We're also overlooking the fact that a LOT of celebrities intentionally call the paparazzi and let them know exactly where they're gonna be so they can put on a show and get some free publicity. Obviously that wasn't the case here, but once you've done that a couple of times it becomes difficult to claim the moral highground when it comes to having your picture taken.

To be honest tho I think the guy probably should have just stopped after he saw how upset she was about it and not been such a douche. :vacuum:

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm disagreeing, but I'm just pointing out how stupid the double standard is. What defines a 'celebrity'? While you can argue a definition for it, when it comes down to it, it's a pretty subjective term.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm disagreeing, but I'm just pointing out how stupid the double standard is. What defines a 'celebrity'? While you can argue a definition for it, when it comes down to it, it's a pretty subjective term.

I do see what you're saying, I just think that the relationship between celebrity and paparazzi is a little more complicated than just victim and manipulator. Iggy probably wouldn't even be where she is today if it hadn't been for that paparazzo photo of her cooch on the red carpet tbh, and the paparazzi do a whole lot of shit for celebrities without really getting credit. I don't think it's really fair to have it both ways. :morning: But like I said, the guy should have just backed down after he saw she was upset.