Will Gaga Ever Make A Comeback?

Main Pop Girl

It seems like Gaga has had about a million false starts when it comes to making it big in the music industry again...first she was meant to be making a comeback with ARTPOP, then we were meant to get another go with 'G.U.Y.', and now it's meant to be Cheek To Cheek.

Imo, the idea of a jazz album isn't that bad. It will get her some positive critical reviews even if it won't do that well commercially. Then she'll be able to come back with another flawless pop album next year and slay us all again. :magic:

Another route for her to take would be to make a film. Rih's managed to keep her career going with Battleship and now Home, and Gaga's a good enough actress that she could do the same. But I'm not sure she's willing to give up that much creative control over her performance, so I don't think she'd go for it. :'(

What do you guys think? Will Gaga ever make a true comeback? And if so, how should she do it?

Gaga can't take a shit without people thinking it'll be her next big come back lol. I hate to compare her to Madonna, but I think she'll have the same type of career as her with the ups & downs. People still think Madonna hasn't topped her Like A Virgin/Like A Prayer ears, much like people think Gaga will never top The Fame/The Fame Monster eras. Even though Madonna has been very successful, she'll always be associated with her 80's music and Gaga will always be associated with Bad Romance and Poker Face regardless of how many albums or #1 hits she has. I think her come back is inevitable, she has a large, very dedicated fan base, but she won't be #1 until she calm down on her 'weirdness'. I think at this point, people assume Gaga will go out in some crazy outfit and a few years ago it was fascinating to see her be so different and for her to make other pop girls step up their game, but we've come to expect the unexpected from her and it's almost made her boring because of it. I think she needs to calm down with her fashions, soak up the good press from the jazz albums, write a good fun dance song and release it when no one's expecting it.

Gaga can't take a shit without people thinking it'll be her next big come back lol. I hate to compare her to Madonna, but I think she'll have the same type of career as her with the ups & downs. People still think Madonna hasn't topped her Like A Virgin/Like A Prayer ears, much like people think Gaga will never top The Fame/The Fame Monster eras. Even though Madonna has been very successful, she'll always be associated with her 80's music and Gaga will always be associated with Bad Romance and Poker Face regardless of how many albums or #1 hits she has. I think her come back is inevitable, she has a large, very dedicated fan base, but she won't be #1 until she calm down on her 'weirdness'. I think at this point, people assume Gaga will go out in some crazy outfit and a few years ago it was fascinating to see her be so different and for her to make other pop girls step up their game, but we've come to expect the unexpected from her and it's almost made her boring because of it. I think she needs to calm down with her fashions, soak up the good press from the jazz albums, write a good fun dance song and release it when no one's expecting it.

I agree with you, but tbh it's also her fault for hyping things up so damn much. :vacuum: Like, remember when she called BTW the "album of the century" and said that ARTPOP[?i] would singlehandedly bring art to the masses? :vacuum:

I think you're right tho, she needs to just release a really good single that even the haters can't deny is flawless. A collab with Britney, Rih or even Katy would also be amazing...and lbr, they'd all jump on the chance to do it. :morning: Her fanbase is smaller than it used to be but it's still pretty strong.

Not after Born This Way and ARTPOP's mess.

No one cares anymore.

DON'T SAY THAT. :'( I think Madonna is proof that people can leave a fanbase and then come back years later if the material's good enough...like after Erotica which was super raunchy and a lot of people didn't like, she managed to release Ray of Light and kickstart her career again. Even Britney managed to make a huge comeback after the public hated her during the Blackout era. I don't think it's too late! I hope...

Spot on.

Gaga came off too hard and is now going soft and is desperately trying to find some other crazy big idea to get big gain but I honestly think she should calm down and chill. I mean, look at Nicki Minaj. She was doing the same thing, had these weird and out of this world outfits and accents and she calmed down and stripped all the craziness and has hit after hit and everyone is already expecting her third album to be the flawless one. She also needs to stop making promises and hyping things up until they're so close to releasing whatever it is or she has a solid confirmation that whatever it is, will get released...or even release it herself.

Spot on.

Gaga came off too hard and is now going soft and is desperately trying to find some other crazy big idea to get big gain but I honestly think she should calm down and chill. I mean, look at Nicki Minaj. She was doing the same thing, had these weird and out of this world outfits and accents and she calmed down and stripped all the craziness and has hit after hit and everyone is already expecting her third album to be the flawless one. She also needs to stop making promises and hyping things up until they're so close to releasing whatever it is or she has a solid confirmation that whatever it is, will get released...or even release it herself.

But Nicki wasn't as consistent as Gaga about her looks..I mean one day Nicki would wear this:

Nicki+Minaj+2010+American+Music+Awards+Arrivals+Am-1ZQgWut8l.jpg

And then the next she would wear this:

BET+Rip+Runway+2010+Arrivals+7TYq8KM3Eiel.jpeg

So it wasn't as big of a deal when she started dressing more "normally". But Gaga's like never been photographed in jeans in her life, so even if she started dressing down at this point it would look like she was backing down. :'(

• 5 months later...