iTunes Apple Lossless Question

trayertrash

Guest Cypher

So, when you right click on a song, it give you an option to covert it to apple lossless. Is it really giving you the lossless version of it, or is it like when people have a file that's 128 kbps but convert it to 320, even though it's the same file?

The latter, it won't actually give you lossless. If it did, I'd stop spending so much money on CDs. :cypher:

Guest Cypher

i dont know if its really fitting to the question BUT there's this app iTunes Match (im not really sue if its called like that)

it gives you the itunes lossless file IF it's (or was) in they database

uts great for albums that ad been taken out and old/"unknown" songs

Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaa????????????? :shocked:

The latter, it won't actually give you lossless. If it did, I'd stop spending so much money on CDs. :cypher:

Have you used it before? The file is like 100x bigger than the original, but that doesn't mean it actually converted it right? Also, if you consolidate a file in iTunes, will you loose quality?

Guest Cypher

OMG we can have a lossless version of the AKA album?! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gimme that app asap!!!  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

omfg I've been wasting money this whole time.

Guest Cypher

yes  :vacuum:

but at least you have money and an impressive collection

I guesssssssss but now I can get those effing Japan bonus tracks without forking over $40. :stretcher:

Have you used it before? The file is like 100x bigger than the original, but that doesn't mean it actually converted it right? Also, if you consolidate a file in iTunes, will you loose quality?

I don't think consolidating loses quality, no. I'm pretty sure it just copies the file over into the iTunes Media folder, right? If it does, I've been slowly ruining my collection for like my entire life. :stretcher: