Chris Brown Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder

Cypher

Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... and that's why he has had such anger issues ... this according to new court docs.

Chris was in court today for a progress hearing in the Rihanna beating case. Documents were filed by the facility where Chris just completed 90 days of anger management therapy. In fact, Chris stayed longer, just completing 95 days.

In the legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- an official from the rehab facility wrote that ... in addition to his diagnosis ... Chris was self-medicating inappropriately.

The facility writes, "Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD." They never explain the cause of the PTSD. The letter also says Chris was diagnosed with Bipolar II.

Source

If this is something he's actually suffering with, and he's taking steps to remedy it, then I do have some sympathy for him, although I do wonder why no one's convinced him to go and seek a proper diagnosis before now. However, I get the feeling that this could just be an excuse made up for the courts to get him off whatever charges he's now facing. I guess time will tell if he's actually able to not be a cunt or not.

Guest mitch

If this is something he's actually suffering with, and he's taking steps to remedy it, then I do have some sympathy for him, although I do wonder why no one's convinced him to go and seek a proper diagnosis before now. However, I get the feeling that this could just be an excuse made up for the courts to get him off whatever charges he's now facing. I guess time will tell if he's actually able to not be a cunt or not.

Yeah, I was quite skeptical when I read this myself. It's honestly a legal trend that is followed by any celebrity getting into troubleĀ  :stretcher:

Like you said, if he is struggling with manic depression I feel sympathy.

Yeah, I was quite skeptical when I read this myself. It's honestly a legal trend that is followed by any celebrity getting into troubleĀ  :stretcher:

Like you said, if he is struggling with manic depression I feel sympathy.

It's so hard to even know how to feel about this kind of thing tbh. I remember reading somewhere that he'd grown up in an abusive household in which his dad used to beat up his mum (and I think him as well) so if we're classifying that as PTSD then I guess he could have a case. But I honestly think anyone who's gonna abuse someone that much must have mental problems.