Bonnie McKee Inspires People Everywhere

Cypher

Awwww yay, good for her! I'm happy she's healthy and feeling good about herself. <3

In a weird way tho I think this might be one of the problems with her career. :stretcher: They've tried to market her as a fun-loving, partying, 'American Girl' but irl she seems more down-to-earth, serious and mature than that. I think there's a disconnect between her persona and her real life personality which is why her first single didn't do too well.

They've tried to market her as a fun-loving, partying, 'American Girl' but irl she seems more down-to-earth, serious and mature than that. I think there's a disconnect between her persona and her real life personality which is why her first single didn't do too well.

This is why I can't take her music seriously. The few songs I have heard by her sound like they belong to a 15 year old Disney star, not a grown woman. Don't get me wrong, I love me some fun pop bops, but I can't deal with the fact that she's 30 & dressing + singing like someone half her age. It doesn't feel like it's her. I want her to sing about some real shit ya know?

This is why I can't take her music seriously. The few songs I have heard by her sound like they belong to a 15 year old Disney star, not a grown woman. Don't get me wrong, I love me some fun pop bops, but I can't deal with the fact that she's 30 & dressing + singing like someone half her age. It doesn't feel like it's her. I want her to sing about some real shit ya know?

Sleepwalker is not a 15 yo kind of song it's more meaningful tho

Sleepwalker is not a 15 yo kind of song it's more meaningful tho

Agreed with both of you. Bonnie does have her more serious songs, it's just that they're not really getting released yet. I think if we got a full album from her we'd be able to see more dimensions of her personality, but as it is it's just coming off a little fake.