Girls

Main Pop Girl

I torrented the whole first season about a year ago. As I recall, I reached episode 3 before realizing that while it was an incredible show, I'm totally not within the target audience. It felt like something that was probably an important cultural touchstone, but I just couldn't get excited about continuing with it.

I torrented the whole first season about a year ago. As I recall, I reached episode 3 before realizing that while it was an incredible show, I'm totally not within the target audience. It felt like something that was probably an important cultural touchstone, but I just couldn't get excited about continuing with it.

Omg, this sounds so similar to what happened with me! My parents bought me the first season last September for my birthday and I literally got up to about episode three as well before giving up on it. But when I was looking for new tv shows to watch a few weeks ago, I found the old DVD and decided to give it a second chance, and after that I was pretty hooked! You might wanna give it another go, as I feel that the general tone of the show is pretty difficult to get used to but once you're used to it you can start to enjoy the really quite brilliant characterization of each character and sort of see where Lena Dunham's going with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started watching this, only 2 episodes into the 1st season but I love it! I think it's well written so far and very representative of the early 20s generation.

Omg yay, I'm so glad you like it! <3 Now I'll have someone to discuss it with! ;)

Idk how I feel about people saying that it represents our generation so well tho. I can honestly (and gratefully) say that I don't know anyone who acts anything like any one of those four girls. That said, I'm only 19, so maybe I'm a little younger than the people represented on screen and it's sort of an inter-generational thing.

It's a little boring so far, maybe because there's not so much tension between Hannah and Adam? But I'm hoping it will get better as the season progresses.

I feel like when Lena wrote the first two seasons, she was Hannah, but now that she's successful, it's hard for her to reach back into who she was a few years ago & turn all those emotions into Hannah's.... if that makes sense?

I feel like when Lena wrote the first two seasons, she was Hannah, but now that she's successful, it's hard for her to reach back into who she was a few years ago & turn all those emotions into Hannah's.... if that makes sense?

Yeah, I kind of agree. I think that's probably the reason why she's trying to make this e-book thing work out for Hannah, so she can write more from her own experience and not have to jump back so far in time.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...