"Dark Horse" goes #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100

Cypher

Well...

Good for her, I suppose. :stretcher: I can't pretend I like her, and I never have, but this is a nice song by her - it has a really unique atmosphere. The verses (or really just the beat in the verses) >>

I definitely did not see this coming. I don't understand how it's #1, honestly, only cause it's Katy.

If "This Is How We Do" goes #1 in the A/NZ region, I'm done.

The release of that single also brings up another thing: it seems like she's riding on the success wave from Roar, and like, mercilessly lol. She's literally pumping out singles/videos... :shocked:

Oh, and I think Dark Horse is gonna stay for quite a while, 'cause isn't she releasing a video? That will only maintain it's #1 spot, really.

The release of that single also brings up another thing: it seems like she's riding on the success wave from Roar, and like, mercilessly lol. She's literally pumping out singles/videos... :shocked:

That's cause she knows as well as we do that she's a 'Singles Artist'. Unlike Gaga who's an 'Album Artist', Katy needs to pump out single after single otherwise, she'll vanish into obscurity. Why else would Teenage Dream have spawned like 9 singles?

• 2 weeks later...