How I'm Feeling Today: Day 10

trayertrash

I've come to the decision to not listen to any singles put out by an artist until the album comes out. Why? I'll tell you in one word, ARTPOP. Gaga put out half the album before it was released, there was what, 2 songs we didn't hear before it was released? It was pointless & kind of ruined the whole 'album experience' for me.

I love to listen to full albums. Half the time, albums almost tell a story (The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance is a great example) while others, like Born This Way, are just a random mix of songs (from my perspective at least) Don't get me wrong, BTW is one of the best albums of all time, but it doesn't seem to flow together well. I enjoy the surprise of new songs. The lyrics, the sound, their vocal range, it all comes together to bring a new experience in my life. Sometimes the experience is good, sometimes it just sucks. Having over 1/2 the album either released as promo singles or performed live doesn't leave much excitement left to the album. You may ask 'Why don't you just not listen to it' Ha! It's not that simple! If your fav puts out new music, you don't want to wait for it! You want it NOW!

Now, I know I'm going to hear songs before the album comes out via radio, but most of the time, it's only a song or two. I can deal with that!

I'm ranting about nothing because tbh, PPD is kicking my ass & I need to rant to make myself non-depressed for 5 minutes. Suicide by Ke$ha has been my shit all day & I've played it at least 150 times since Friday.

Blah.

Agreed. I also think I'm gonna start listening to albums in stages, because when I listened to ARTPOP I listened to 'Applause', 'Do What U Want', 'Venus' and 'Donatella' before anything else and now those are some of my favourites and most listened to in my iTunes. :stretcher: I'm gonna give each song a chance to be an obsession before moving on too quickly! ;)

I've had so many albums ruined for me like this, over the years. I tried to avoid it with ARTPOP, by only listening to the radio premiere of Applause and watching the video just once until the album dropped, but since I heard it a billion times on the radio before then, it didn't really work. I did manage to boycott DWUW, though. All I did for that one was listen to the 30 second snippet. :tan:

I've had so many albums ruined for me like this, over the years. I tried to avoid it with ARTPOP, by only listening to the radio premiere of Applause and watching the video just once until the album dropped, but since I heard it a billion times on the radio before then, it didn't really work. I did manage to boycott DWUW, though. All I did for that one was listen to the 30 second snippet. :tan:

:hail: You're so brave! I didn't download the album when it leaked, which I was super proud of, but I did watch the iTunes Festival performances and download all the promo singles, AND listen to all the previews on Amazon. :stretcher: It's so hard to resist!