ARTPOP Is The Year's Biggest Female Debut Worldwide

Main Pop Girl

XqE3fWq.jpg

While down sharply from Gaga's debut with Born This Way, the worldwide ARTPOP debut marks the biggest of a female pop star this entire year. The album has topped charts in Latin America, North America, Europe, Asia, and more.

** Including Japan's early release sales, the album debuted with 611,000 copies. For the past 7 days alone, sales were 553,000 copies.

The general public isn't here for her anymore. She's running out of ideas. No one likes Gaga anymore. :morning:

#ChartFlop

Right?! I love how everyone was like, "oh, she'll never match those sales without another 99 cents deal". And now they're just rubbing it in everybody's faces for no reason to try and make everyone feel bad. :morning:

People should just see it as an achievement. Gaga was able to put out an album she really liked and that should be enough.

Katy got to release a beautiful album, Britney got to put out what she calls "the most personal album", and Miley got to release an album that matches the hot mess she is. Everyone has matured...or at least found a new direction to experiment with. I think 2013 is actually a good year in music, even if people complain about these albums sucking. I think they're all pretty good quality and I'm gonna buy each one.

People should just see it as an achievement. Gaga was able to put out an album she really liked and that should be enough.

Katy got to release a beautiful album, Britney got to put out what she calls "the most personal album", and Miley got to release an album that matches the hot mess she is. Everyone has matured...or at least found a new direction to experiment with. I think 2013 is actually a good year in music, even if people complain about these albums sucking. I think they're all pretty good quality and I'm gonna buy each one.

I agree actually! The majority of the year was kinda boring but all these fourth quarter releases are really exciting, even if some of them are a little disappointing.

The other thing I don't get is: Why is it that if Katy is appearing on a magazine cover, she's just "getting dat promo", but if Gaga's making a smart business move she's somehow desperate? She got the full amount of money from those sales anyway so I don't see what the problem is. :vacuum:

I agree actually! The majority of the year was kinda boring but all these fourth quarter releases are really exciting, even if some of them are a little disappointing.

The other thing I don't get is: Why is it that if Katy is appearing on a magazine cover, she's just "getting dat promo", but if Gaga's making a smart business move she's somehow desperate? She got the full amount of money from those sales anyway so I don't see what the problem is. :vacuum:

I've noticed that! People keep twisting everything in "Gaga's desperate!" I'm rather sick of seeing that. People can't just see it at face value, they have to turn it in a way that's degrading. :morning:

I've noticed that! People keep twisting everything in "Gaga's desperate!" I'm rather sick of seeing that. People can't just see it at face value, they have to turn it in a way that's degrading. :morning:

Exactly! When someone like Britney doesn't do any promo she's called lazy but when Gaga puts in a shitload of work she's desperate. You can't win anymore. :morning: