Glee, Set to End Next Season

Cypher

The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel (Lea Michele) and Cory/Finn's story. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it. I knew what the last line was, she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we're figuring that out now.

Fox president Kevin Reilly told E! News in August that he didn't see the show continuing past season six.

I would not anticipate it going beyond two more seasons. Look, never say never, but there's two very clear arcs to get to the end and conclude. If we discover a new crop of kids and there's some breakout in life, who knows? But right now we're just thinking about two more seasons.

Looks like the show has gone the way of the flip phone!

I loved this show when it first started but I couldn't help feeling like it was a repeated cycle...

big competition coming up, they practice, they lose.... repeat as necessary.

I stopped mid season 2

It would be even worse if it were

big competition coming up, they practice, they win.... repeat as necessary.

^This would be a pointless show.

I stopped in season two as well. :stretcher: Even though some of the episodes were great, I just couldn't deal with the dreadfully produced, badly Autotuned songs and tacky plotlines. "Oh, another person's been discovered to be gay! But it's okay, we still love them."

Then when they introduced the dreadlocks guy I just gave up hope of ever returning to the show. :morning:

• 1 year later...