Lana Del Rey retiring from music?

Kevinn Edu

It's not even really a hiatus. She's got like three more Paradise Tour shows in South America, as well as Tropico coming out in presumably a month or so. I imagine we'll see more leaks, too, so there's that. :tan:

Oooh, well that's good I guess! Come to think of it, six months isn't really that long. Gaga was away for about six months after her hip operation. Plus, Lana works faster than most artists in terms of writing her songs, so if she starts right away after the hiatus we could have an album within a year. :shocked:

• 4 months later...

OK first of all, I haven't read everyone's comments, so - sorry if I say anything someone else has already said...

Lana shouldn't be discouraged when her songs leak. No artist should. Like someone said (ok, I read a few comments) it would be awesome to have both demos and final versions. Happened with Natalia, happened with Britney, happened with Charli.

Just because people know the songs already, doesn't mean the album won't be good.

I'm a Lil Eddie fan and when he released his debut album, at least half of it was old. It didn't matter, because now I finally had the final HQ versions of the songs, and the new songs were perfect, and made up for the fact I'd been listening to those old songs for over 2 years.

When you love music, when you love to make music, it shouldn't matter whether your songs have been leaked, or whether people have already heard it. Are you not in this business because you LOVE music, not because you want to be successful (yes, I know it's important but still, not the most important thing).

Now, as for LANA - I think she's just insecure and only wants to put out PERFECTION. Which is impossible anyways.

OK first of all, I haven't read everyone's comments, so - sorry if I say anything someone else has already said...

Lana shouldn't be discouraged when her songs leak. No artist should. Like someone said (ok, I read a few comments) it would be awesome to have both demos and final versions. Happened with Natalia, happened with Britney, happened with Charli.

Just because people know the songs already, doesn't mean the album won't be good.

I'm a Lil Eddie fan and when he released his debut album, at least half of it was old. It didn't matter, because now I finally had the final HQ versions of the songs, and the new songs were perfect, and made up for the fact I'd been listening to those old songs for over 2 years.

When you love music, when you love to make music, it shouldn't matter whether your songs have been leaked, or whether people have already heard it. Are you not in this business because you LOVE music, not because you want to be successful (yes, I know it's important but still, not the most important thing).

Now, as for LANA - I think she's just insecure and only wants to put out PERFECTION. Which is impossible anyways.

other_preach_gif.gif

[img width=312 height=200] other_preach_gif.gif

[img width=312 height=200] other_preach_gif.gif

PREACH SIS, PREACH! :hail: