What Are Your "Go To" Albums/Songs?

Lights

Whatever mood you're in just post below and...yeah. It could also be what these album/song remind you of, mood wise. You can use the same album/song for multiple. Fill this in. Please also include a description of why.

Happy:

Sad:

Angry:

Tired:

Excited:

Relaxing:

Mine:

Happy: Electra Heart - A lot of the songs are happy jams that could be easily turned into a smasher and the overall vibe to me, is generally happy.

Sad: Paradise - All of the songs on Lana's EP are very nostalgic and make me want to cry. They're powerful sad songs to me.

Angry: Problem - Natalia Kills on this is prolly...just supercharged. It's like sexy anger and I can't get over it.

Tired: Battlefield - One time I was listening to Jordin Sparks' album from one of my friends and ripping it into my library, well I fell asleep previewing the tracks so that's what I think of.

Excited: American Girl - Omfg I can't get over Bonnie's song. It's fucking catchy and easy bop that will bop it's way to the top of the charts.

Relaxing: Siberia Acoustic or Davy -

Siberia Acoustic - All of the songs by Lights sound so much more pure and she should have done all the tracks by herself except one collab with her husband.

Davy - Whenever I'm just relaxing I just end up listening to Coconut Records music, and their second album is more acoustic so it's very relaxing.

Oooh, I like the idea of this very much! Let me have a shot:

Happy: SO MANY SONGS TO CHOOSE. Copacabana by Barry Manilow definitely belongs here, because it is such a lively, upbeat and incredibly fun track that it only makes the smile on my face even bigger. It might be old, but it is timeless and belongs on at least one of your playlists. Lights's choice of Electra Heart would be perfect, too.

Sad: I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt truly sad, but I suppose a handful of Dido's tracks would be my go-to for when I'm feeling low. It doesn't make sense to exacerbate not feeling upbeat, but Thank You, Here With Me and Life For Rent practically rip out my heart and curbstomp it. I love them no less for it, though. Black Beauty definitely fits here, too - it killed me on the first listen, it is such an emotional and touching song, brought me close to tears.

Angry: Continuing the trend of being a totally wooden character, I also don't remember the last time I got genuinely angry - I never, ever do. But, I imagine I'd go toward power ballads or very aggressive sounding songs to match my mood. Heart's Barracuda, Black on Black II, If Looks Could Kill would be a decent trio to soundtrack my anger.

Tired: Hmm. I struggled with this one, but I'd have to roll with some of Elton John's classics - Tiny Dancer and Rocket Man are two of my favourite songs. They're so beautiful and melodic, that they'd only slowly lull me to sleep.

Excited: Electra Heart, undoubtedly. This one is kinda similar to Happy for me, but Electra Heart's compilation of insanely lively, huge tracks would be more than enough to go in sync with my excitement. They're mostly such fast and exciting songs, that I can't help resist the urge to dance each time I listen (which is incredibly often, and it is painful.)

Relaxing: Born To Die/Paradise. I know a lot of these songs aren't supposed to be the relaxing type, but a lot of them are so mellow and are the sort of songs you want to sway to. For me, it's a brilliantly calm selection of songs for the most part, and so atmospheric that they allow me to get lost in Lana's imagery and truly relax.

Total Eclipse Of The Heart from Bonnie Tyler deserves a mention somewhere here, too, but that gets played for every mood etc. because it is SUCH A BLAST.

Um, that was longer than I intended. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

OHHH. This looks fun.

Happy: Venus by Azealia Banks - THAT SONG IS JUST EVERYTHING TO ME RIGHT NOW. IT'S ALL DANCY AND I GET SUPER EXCITED AND OMG. I LOVE IT.

Sad: Dirty Laundry by Kelly Rowland - This song is just the most depressing song I know. Every time I hear it I tear up and become so depressed. Oh my.

Angry: Did It On'em/Roman's Revenge (feat. Eminem) by Nicki Minaj - These two songs just have me going ham which releases my anger.

Tired: Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey - tbh, anything Lana Del Rey is good for me when I'm tired, her instrumentals and voice just has me falling asleep sometimes, so soft and so relaxing.

Excited: I'm Out by Ciara feat. Nicki Minaj - This song just gets me more hyped and I just loose it! And it's extremely fun to twerk to which I do a lot whenever I'm excited. ha.

Relaxing: Blue Jeans/Video Games by The Theorist (Lana Del Rey Piano Cover) - I love these two songs and this guy, who plays the piano amazingly btw, does these two songs justice! I love listening to these two version while laying in bed or something.

Omg, I thought I'd posted this already! I swear to god I wrote up a whole response but I must have forgotten to hit send. :stretcher:

Mine would be:

Happy: Heaps of Girls Aloud songs, like 'Biology', 'Love Machine' and 'The Promise'!

Sad: Oh my god, I have so many! 'Everytime' by Britney, 'Unchained Melody' by Elvis, Anne Hathaway's version of 'I Dreamed A Dream', like half of Lana Del Rey's discography, and about twenty more.

Angry: I don't even know tbh. Generally when I'm angry I just get super depressed and listen to sad songs or I blast some dance music really loud to piss my parents off. :morning:

Tired: 'Life on Mars' by David Bowie, 'Video Games' by Lana, the entire Lizzy Grant album (especially 'Pawn Shop Blues' and 'Yayo'), 'Sad Dream' by Sky, and Imogen Heap songs like 'Just For Now' and 'Hide and Seek'.

Excited: Omg, okay, so when I'm excited I basically just dance like a crazy person, so these are mainly dance songs. 'All Fired Up' by The Sats, 'Sexy! No No No...' by Girls Aloud, '212' by Azealia, 'King of Hearts' by Cassie, 'Scheisse' by Gaga and 'Big Banana' by Havana Brown. :morning:

Relaxing: I have to go for Lana again, basically all the songs I put under tired. I don't even know with this one as the only times I'm ever relaxed is when I'm tired or sad!

Judging y'all so hard based on your answers to this. :mo:

Omg, I thought I'd posted this already! I swear to god I wrote up a whole response but I must have forgotten to hit send. :stretcher:

Mine would be:

Happy: Heaps of Girls Aloud songs, like 'Biology', 'Love Machine' and 'The Promise'!

Sad: Oh my god, I have so many! 'Everytime' by Britney, 'Unchained Melody' by Elvis, Anne Hathaway's version of 'I Dreamed A Dream', like half of Lana Del Rey's discography, and about twenty more.

Angry: Continuing the trend of being a totally wooden character, I also don't remember the last time I got genuinely angry - I never, ever do. But, I imagine I'd go toward power ballads or very aggressive sounding songs to match my mood. Heart's Barracuda, Black on Black II, If Looks Could Kill would be a decent trio to soundtrack my anger.

Tired: 'Life on Mars' by David Bowie, 'Video Games' by Lana, the entire Lizzy Grant album (especially 'Pawn Shop Blues' and 'Yayo'), 'Sad Dream' by Sky, and Imogen Heap songs like 'Just For Now' and 'Hide and Seek'.

Excited: Omg, okay, so when I'm excited I basically just dance like a crazy person, so these are mainly dance songs. 'All Fired Up' by The Sats, 'Sexy! No No No...' by Girls Aloud, '212' by Azealia, 'King of Hearts' by Cassie, 'Scheisse' by Gaga and 'Big Banana' by Havana Brown. :morning:

Relaxing: I have to go for Lana again, basically all the songs I put under tired. I don't even know with this one as the only times I'm ever relaxed is when I'm tired or sad!

Judging y'all so hard based on your answers to this. :mo:

:vacuum::morning:

Happy: "Angels Forever, Forever Angels - Lana Del Rey" now even though the song is slow, it just reminds me of a happy time in my life and idk if this makes sense but like just makes me feel like warm inside or something. IDK it just makes me feel warm and reminiscent of a once happy time!

Sad: "Saturday Night - Natalia Kills" To me the song is super upbeat but the lyrics are super dark and it just reminds me of someone putting on a fake smile to hide their pain from the world, the song also has empowering parts but i wanna focus on the sad part lol

Angry: "Succubi - Azealia Banks" I couldn't pick an angry song with out thinking of azealia banks, Succubi has always been one of my fav tracks by her but when i sing it i get so in the mood and just wanna tell people off and make them cry

Tired: "Pawn Shop Blues (Demo) - Lana Del Rey" The song like most lana songs makes me picture someone in really bad part of their life having to sell the things they love just to make ends meet and they are just exhausted with what their life has become. Also, I prefer the demo of this song to the finished because i think the unpolished roughness of it adds so much sorrow to the song.

Excited: " Undercover - Selena Gomez" For exciting i took it as what puts me in the mood lol. It just makes me wanna dance and have sex in the back room of a busy club or like in public with the thrill of getting caught

Relaxing: "Tahiti Rain Song - CocoRosie"  the song itself is actually really calming and the high pitch voice in the song doesn't off put you like it would normally. The song begins with the sound of rain and ends with the sound  of a drum beating and the whole song just feels really natural and calm! or maybe i am just full of it idk

I HOPE YOU GUYS APPRECIATE HOW HARD IT WAS FOR ME TO NOT DO LANA FOR EVERYONE ONE OF THESE

Happy: Edge Of Glory by Lady Gaga, actually the entire Born This Way album. It makes me feel so alive, like I can do anything, and reminds me of how far I've come in life.

Sad: No One Else by Allison Iraheta. Even though it's a happy song, it reminds me of my ex best friend & I cry all that shit out. Also, Honey by Hole.

Angry: The whole Pretty On The Inside album by Hole. It's so raw, angry, agressive.

Tired: Sirens by Lana. The whole album is so chill and helps me sleep.

Excited: Marry The Night. It get so hyped when I hear it.

Relaxing: Anything by Judy Garland. She makes all my problems disappear.

everyone else put there's in a spoiler but i didn't so i can feel the judgement

:stretcher:

For me, Heidi Montag's Superficial is THE go to album.

It's perfect. I could listen to that album for the rest of my life.

Although, I do think it's time for her to get a sophomore album out!!

OMG, RIGHT?! :hail: FLAWLESS album.