ARTPOP Is Here!

I'm legit bawling my eyes out right now. I can't believe it's here. Omg the one night I this week I go to bed early and I miss it! Omg. Idk what to say... .I'm just so happy right now.

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL OMG. The one day this week I've left the house and I get back and this has happened, hahaha! I'm so excited!

Am I the only one who thinks the single's coming a bit early tho? I mean it's coming in mid-August and then the album's being released like four months later. She could always release another single before then I guess but it still seems like a while.

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL OMG. The one day this week I've left the house and I get back and this has happened, hahaha! I'm so excited!

Am I the only one who thinks the single's coming a bit early tho? I mean it's coming in mid-August and then the album's being released like four months later. She could always release another single before then I guess but it still seems like a while.

Maybe she'll release another video in between though and just announce it later on? Plus with the app release, it could keep everyone busy until then. Ugh I'm kinda pissed about the app tbh. I can't afford a phone with apps, my phone is like 7 years old lol. I hope all the stuff leaks online. Like she should have all the app stuff on her website or a site that looks like an app for other fans you know? I don't want to feel left out things =/

Maybe she'll release another video in between though and just announce it later on? Plus with the app release, it could keep everyone busy until then. Ugh I'm kinda pissed about the app tbh. I can't afford a phone with apps, my phone is like 7 years old lol. I hope all the stuff leaks online. Like she should have all the app stuff on her website or a site that looks like an app for other fans you know? I don't want to feel left out things =/

Yeah but the app is released the same day as the album. :'( You should be able to find some iPhone emulator or something though so you can play it on your computer. She might even release a computer-only version, as she said you didn't have to have an iPhone to use the app.

Yeah but the app is released the same day as the album. :'( You should be able to find some iPhone emulator or something though so you can play it on your computer. She might even release a computer-only version, as she said you didn't have to have an iPhone to use the app.

This decision really surprised me, actually, a tie-in app seems like a fantastic promotional tool if you allow fans to 'unlock' things in it by talking about the album and such, but that'd only really work pre-release. I'm sure a post-release app will still be interesting, but it could have given fans something to engage with while they wait for the album, too - missed opportunity, in my opinion.

There'll surely be a web-based version, too, they wouldn't limit something so potentially huge to just Android/iOS users.

This decision really surprised me, actually, a tie-in app seems like a fantastic promotional tool if you allow fans to 'unlock' things in it by talking about the album and such, but that'd only really work pre-release. I'm sure a post-release app will still be interesting, but it could have given fans something to engage with while they wait for the album, too - missed opportunity, in my opinion.

There'll surely be a web-based version, too, they wouldn't limit something so potentially huge to just Android/iOS users.

You're right, although I'm sure they'll still be able to get some promo in for the singles through the app. ;) But I get the feeling the app will be more conceptual rather than promo-based. Maybe I've been looking at Biophilia too much but I'm hoping it will be more interesting than the average celebrity app.

You're right, although I'm sure they'll still be able to get some promo in for the singles through the app. ;) But I get the feeling the app will be more conceptual rather than promo-based. Maybe I've been looking at Biophilia too much but I'm hoping it will be more interesting than the average celebrity app.

Hopefully it is, if it helps to extend the longevity of the album through fan involvement and promote the singles, it's gonna be just as successful - I kinda just default to assuming that all such apps are going to be wholly promotional, but I do hope it's something more unique and entertaining! :P

In all honesty, just with the way apps and the modern music industry run, I don't expect this to last anymore than maybe a year and a half, two years if lucky...unless Gaga's team actually plans on updating the app continuously. Granted yes, I am very excited for the album and the launch of the app, I'm just nervous about looking into the the project with a long-term mindset. I'd rather just enjoy it when it comes out and not be disappointed when it dies out. <-- Was that too real? :stretcher:

Hopefully it is, if it helps to extend the longevity of the album through fan involvement and promote the singles, it's gonna be just as successful - I kinda just default to assuming that all such apps are going to be wholly promotional, but I do hope it's something more unique and entertaining! :P

Completely agreed! Knowing Gaga I'm sure it won't be just a typical app. ;)

In all honesty, just with the way apps and the modern music industry run, I don't expect this to last anymore than maybe a year and a half, two years if lucky...unless Gaga's team actually plans on updating the app continuously. Granted yes, I am very excited for the album and the launch of the app, I'm just nervous about looking into the the project with a long-term mindset. I'd rather just enjoy it when it comes out and not be disappointed when it dies out. <-- Was that too real? :stretcher:

Agreed tbh. But I can see it lasting for the duration of the album as well as the tour she'll undoubtedly go on.

And maybe by that point we'll have an ARTPOP Part 2 and she'll release a sequel to the app. ;)

Agreed tbh. But I can see it lasting for the duration of the album as well as the tour she'll undoubtedly go on.

And maybe by that point we'll have an ARTPOP Part 2 and she'll release a sequel to the app. ;)

ARTPOP Pt. 2? Oh boy.............................................I'm sure she has enough material for ARTPOP Pt. 7.

• 1 month later...