Alison Goldfrapp + Roisin (‘Rosh-een’) Murphy | General Discussion Thread | Alison: Current Album “The Love Invention” | May 12th 2023 | Roisin: Current Album “Hit Parade” | September 8th 2023

Poison ivy

Roisin kicks the tempo up notch or two on “You Knew” the next single to drop from “Hit Parade”, her upcoming album:

Spotify:

Original - DJ Koze Mix (Edit)
Original - DJ Koze Mix (Extended)
Payfone Remix (Club Extention)
Eli Escobar Remix (Club Extension)

We now know “You Knew” is the track Roisin previously revealed an excerpt of in the ‘Handmaids Tale’ video short above.

• 3 weeks later...

In case Jessie Ware has never quite won you over, be aware that Roisin partners with Jessie on a re-recording of a track that began life as a solo Jessie track from her album. The track is titled “Freak Me Now”:

Behind the scenes featurette:

It was already strangely apparent Roisin’s DNA was on this track back when Jessie’s original solo version dropped with the release of her “Feels So Good!” album.

Edited by Dax Diameter

• 4 weeks later...

No-one could ever have predicted what Roisin was going to say 48 hours ago.

I am not a stranger to the lgbtqi + scene and over the years, I have heard many peoples first hand accounts and stories of the many ways in which they have suffered in the face of intolerance.

I wish to make it clear that I absolutely do not agree with Roisin’s viewpoint or align with her perception of the trans community.

As a result, I will only be updating this thread with occasional updates on Alison from now on.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:41 PM, Dax Diameter said:

No-one could ever have predicted what Roisin was going to say 48 hours ago.

I am not a stranger to the lgbtqi + scene and over the years, I have heard many peoples first hand accounts and stories of the many ways in which they have suffered in the face of intolerance.

I wish to make it clear that I absolutely do not agree with Roisin’s viewpoint or align with her perception of the trans community.

As a result, I will only be updating this thread with occasional updates on Alison from now on.

I was surprised to hear her say this, and I can't help but feel like it's going to destroy the promo for the Jessie Ware collab she just came out with :awkwardney:

I don't truly feel her intentions are malicious and there could be a conversation to be had about an overuse of hormones in society in general, but she certainly isn't tackling that debate with two poorly thought out sentences on Facebook :vacuum: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I was surprised to hear her say this, and I can't help but feel like it's going to destroy the promo for the Jessie Ware collab she just came out with :awkwardney:

I don't truly feel her intentions are malicious and there could be a conversation to be had about an overuse of hormones in society in general, but she certainly isn't tackling that debate with two poorly thought out sentences on Facebook :vacuum: 

It seems the internet deem her response (below) to her original comments, is problematic in itself and I do tend to agree:

JzREmh1.jpg
There is so much in this statement to pick apart and read between the lines of ⬆️ and none of it is good or the attempt at salvation that she thinks it is.

I’m consciously going to resist the temptation to extrapolate too much of my own interpretation of that statement - other than to say it appears she was unbelievably naive as to who her audience has been this entire time and since finally having had that epiphany (as a direct consequence of her earlier comments) - is now throwing that audience under a bus by basically saying that’s not the group she was courting anyway.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:57 PM, Dax Diameter said:

It seems the internet deem her response (below) to her original comments, is problematic in itself and I do tend to agree:

JzREmh1.jpg
There is so much in this statement to pick apart and read between the lines of ⬆️ and none of it is good or the attempt at salvation that she thinks it is.

I’m consciously going to resist the temptation to extrapolate too much of my own interpretation of that statement - other than to say it appears she was unbelievably naive as to who her audience has been this entire time and since finally having had that epiphany (as a direct consequence of her earlier comments) - is now throwing that audience under a bus by basically saying that’s not the group she was courting anyway.

I honestly feel bad for her after reading that response and I do appreciate that she seemed to write it herself rather than just having her PR firm put together some stock statement. Unfortunately you can't just throw out discriminatory statements, then step back and "completely bow out of this conversation in the public domain" when things go wrong :cackle: I hope she's able to find some redemption among her fans some day.

• Sad 1