Disney Announce Toy Story 5, Frozen 3, Zootopia 2

Main Pop Girl

toy-story-4.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1 

After the difficult news he had to deliver about layoffs and losses, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced several big news items for fans during the company’s earnings call for the year-end 2022 quarter on Wednesday. For animated film lovers, Iger announced that two new sequels to massive franchises — “Toy Story” and “Frozen” — were in development. A sequel to animated comedy “Zootopia” was also announced.

The “Toy Story” franchise consists of four theatrical chapters and one spin-off: 2022’s “Lightyear.” Although the latter film underperformed, “Toy Story 3” and “Toy Story 4” both made more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Meanwhile, the first “Frozen” movie debuted in 2013 and was a smash hit, and the sequel “Frozen II” made more than $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office in 2019. Beyond the films, the franchise also spun off into a Disney on Ice show, a Broadway musical, numerous short films, television specials and books.

Iger also announced that Pandora is coming to the West Coast via an ‘Avatar’ Experience that will be coming to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Currently, Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Orlando features “Pandora – The World of Avatar,” an area dedicated to James Cameron’s creations that features two rides: “Avatar Flight of Passage” and “Na’vi River Journey.”

On Feb. 5, “Avatar: The Way of Water,” the second “Avatar” film, overtook ‘Titanic’ to become the third biggest international movies in box office history. Cameron is planning to release three more films in the “Avatar” saga over the coming years.

Apparently Disney is struggling for funds (I blame She Hulk!) and are pushing forward with sequels to some of their older films.

I'm very here for Zootopia 2 which has such a big world to explore, and I'm open to a Frozen 3 if the plot is right. But Toy Story was already kinda ruined with the last film and I honestly can't imagine where they'd go from here at this point :yeah: They should have left it with Toy Story 3 imo.

• Like 3

Toy Story 5 is not needed nor was 4 as Toy Story 3 ending was perfect “if you didn’t cry at the end your lying”

Frozen 3 is ok with me, sure I’ll have some more

Zootopia 2 I loved the first one But I would of been ok with a Disney plus animated series also.

• Like 3

Can't wait for the long-awaited final Toy Story movie! (for real this time) [for real this time]

Seriously, I'm a huge Pixar stan but come on, what would it even be about :awkwardney: Unless it's a prequel or origin movie or something but they literally just did that so why. The others are welcome, though, Zootopia was fun and don't mind Frozen either. But sorry Disney, if you'll excuse me I'm back to counting days until the Mario movie is out :wave:

• LMAO 1

7 hours ago, tajd said:

Toy Story 5 is not needed nor was 4 as Toy Story 3 ending was perfect “if you didn’t cry at the end your lying”

Frozen 3 is ok with me, sure I’ll have some more

Zootopia 2 I loved the first one But I would of been ok with a Disney plus animated series also.

Completely agree with you on Toy Story 3! It's absolute perfection and probably one of my top five movies of all time. The fourth one left me with a weird taste in my mouth with the whole disability metaphor and mauling Woody for his voice thing :awkwardney:

5 hours ago, Kipper said:

Can't wait for the long-awaited final Toy Story movie! (for real this time) [for real this time]

Seriously, I'm a huge Pixar stan but come on, what would it even be about :awkwardney: Unless it's a prequel or origin movie or something but they literally just did that so why. The others are welcome, though, Zootopia was fun and don't mind Frozen either. But sorry Disney, if you'll excuse me I'm back to counting days until the Mario movie is out :wave:

Honestly if they want to keep going with Toy Story I think they should do what Shrek did and take a break from the characters we know while giving us a spin-off with a slightly different vibe. There's definitely lots more toys who could be interesting to look at and personally I would watch a whole movie with Ken and Barbie trying on different clothes :cackle: 

• Like 2

Can’t wait to see all of these. The Zootopia series on D+ was a nice little glimpse into the world again but another movie would be great.

The last Toy Story was definitely a decline in quality. I still enjoyed it for what it is but I don’t see it as very re-watchable.

as for frozen, I’m literally so excited. I loved the first one, loved the second one even more. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Charlie91xo said:

Can’t wait to see all of these. The Zootopia series on D+ was a nice little glimpse into the world again but another movie would be great.

The last Toy Story was definitely a decline in quality. I still enjoyed it for what it is but I don’t see it as very re-watchable.

as for frozen, I’m literally so excited. I loved the first one, loved the second one even more. 

I'm the same way with Frozen! I thought the first one was okay but the second one was really fun imo. I just don't know where they can go with it now that everyone's living in different places 🤔 Are Anna and Kristoff going to have a baby or something?

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

I still haven't seen Toy Story 2. ;:stretcher:

The second one was good! There's a few really sweet moments with Jessie which made me love her character. But the third is still the best :hail:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
9 hours ago, Cypher said:

I just saw that Moana 2 was announced! Death to originally, life to sequels

Are we getting a Moana live action AND a Moana sequel in the same year? :awkwardney: Girl, the Disney burn out is real...I'm okay with a sequel but the live action is unnecessary and will almost definitely be a disappointment

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

2 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Are we getting a Moana live action AND a Moana sequel in the same year? :awkwardney: Girl, the Disney burn out is real...I'm okay with a sequel but the live action is unnecessary and will almost definitely be a disappointment

Yup. Disney is burning out between these films, and the never-ending Marvel material. People seem to be getting over DC/Marvel, and that makes me happy.

• Like 1