Artists You've Lost Interest In / Given Up On

Cypher

Gaga :cackle:

I started losing interest around the Joanne/ASIB era when she started retroactively changing the narrative from "I was born this way" to "I was playing a character the entire team and now this is the real me". Really didn't help that her music started suffering around that time too, and she seemed to stop writing the majority of her own songs as well. Still, Joanne was at least an album that kind of took a risk so I was still hanging on up until Chromatica. Then she just started releasing generic dance-pop with no real risk-taking at all, and she barely even bothered to promote it. It's pretty clear to me imo that she now cares more about her makeup line, acting career and Joe Biden than she does her music, and that really ain't something that I want from someone who's meant to be a "singer"

I also lost interest in Nicki and Rihanna but this post is too long already so I'll leave it there :wink: 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Ariana Grande.

I was a hard Arianator since 2014 and I loved Dangerous Woman, and I was very excited for Sweetener, I loved NTLTC and GIAW, but tbh, the light is coming is an awful song for me that it made me hate the album lol. Then thank u, next came and I liked it as generic as it was, but it was funny because everyone in my classroom were singing 7 rings and thank u next, I listened the album but out of the two main singles, I only liked Bloodline. Then 2019 continued, I got hooked on another albums, and without noticing, I stopped listening her and now...I don't listen her, sometimes I go back and listen DW because I reminds me a lot of things of 2016/17, but I don't like the direction her music took, I don't like positions neither, I don't hate trap-pop/R&B music but I just don't like it from hers.

Though it's funny how in 5th/6th grade, people made fun of me for being an Ariana stan but 4 years laters everyone was singing thank u, next and 7 rings and putting them on their Insta stories lol.

Edited by Peter Parker
  • Like 2

Sky Ferreira - or that was until she announced Don't Forget last week. If she actually comes through and releases Masochism in the next 10 months (preferrably less, but with her we never know) I could re-stan, but literally since the after-Downhill Lullaby silence I lost faith on her.

I may allow myself to have a little hope.

I very much lost interest in Shawn Mendes, Miley Cyrus (even if I really liked Plastic Hearts as an album), Nicki Minaj, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat (was interested when Planet Her dropped, now :ohwell:), Porcelain Black, Az Banks...

• Like 3

DISGASTING Banks!

I was a huge fan, went to her concert when she came to my country, but she always been a mess with her career. Since Nirvana I lost my interest for her. The delay in releasing Fantasea 2 was already pissing me off, but I was still hyped, I didn't give up on Sky, why would I give up on it? But how much of a mess she is made me totally lose interest. There are like 2/3 of her releases that I haven't stopped to listen to, when she comes back with some solid material I can reconsider my decision. 93dayPU.gif

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Sky Ferreira - or that was until she announced Don't Forget last week. If she actually comes through and releases Masochism in the next 10 months (preferrably less, but with her we never know) I could re-stan, but literally since the after-Downhill Lullaby silence I lost faith on her.

I may allow myself to have a little hope.

I very much lost interest in Shawn Mendes, Miley Cyrus (even if I really liked Plastic Hearts as an album), Nicki Minaj, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat (was interested when Planet Her dropped, now :ohwell:), Porcelain Black, Az Banks...

Me with Sky, Lolene, Bonnie, Neon, Kerli...The list goes on and on :yeah: There's only so many pushbacks we can handle before we give up entirely, and at this point even if they did release something I wouldn't care because all the hype is gone

14 hours ago, Versace said:

DISGASTING Banks!

I was a huge fan, went to her concert when she came to my country, but she always been a mess with her career. Since Nirvana I lost my interest for her. The delay in releasing Fantasea 2 was already pissing me off, but I was still hyped, I didn't give up on Sky, why would I give up on it? But how much of a mess she is made me totally lose interest. There are like 2/3 of her releases that I haven't stopped to listen to, when she comes back with some solid material I can reconsider my decision. 93dayPU.gif

I used to stan DISGASTING too but her attitude and the literal hundreds of physical abuse, animal abuse, racist comments, sexist comments and homophobic comments are just too bad for me to overlook :yeah: 

• Like 2