Jamie Lynn Spears speaks after Britney's statements against conservatorship

Though I strongly believe she's just trying to keep her job, and doesn't genuinely believe a word she's saying the most irritating thing is the fake crying, such a BAD actress... 

tenor.gif

comparing Britney's cry for freedom to 'going to a rainforest and have a zillion babies' is also nauseous... 

I feel bad for Jamie Lynn tbh. Britney seems to have really set off a time bomb by saying that she wanted to sue her “whole family” and now the stans are going after anyone with the same last name :yeah:

Britney mentioned Jamie Lynn in her inspirational women post on Insta a few months back (not her mom interestingly) and even though there’s doubts about who runs her Insta I do think it was her posting it. I don’t really believe that Britney hates Jamie Lynn, or that Jamie Lynn really has anything to do with the conservatorship.

• Like 2

I have a lot of sympathy for Jamie Lynn as well to be honest, even though that's probably not a popular position to take and many people don't.

I see fans pushing an argument that Jamie Lynn has had 13 years to speak up for Britney, or even file a petition to terminate the conservatorship as an interested party herself, and I just think that outlook is maybe a bit too simple? She was 16 or 17 years old when the conservatorship was put in place in 2008 and in her early-20s during the period of time we now know Britney began seeking an end to it in 2014 according to a recent NYT article. With hindsight, it may be clear what we would've liked her to have done, but I think this expects a lot of someone who for the most part has been a teenager/young adult (and is only 30 years old now) throughout like many of us were too.

1 hour ago, coolaideonfire said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Jamie Lynn as well to be honest, even though that's probably not a popular position to take and many people don't.

I see fans pushing an argument that Jamie Lynn has had 13 years to speak up for Britney, or even file a petition to terminate the conservatorship as an interested party herself, and I just think that outlook is maybe a bit too simple? She was 16 or 17 years old when the conservatorship was put in place in 2008 and in her early-20s during the period of time we now know Britney began seeking an end to it in 2014 according to a recent NYT article. With hindsight, it may be clear what we would've liked her to have done, but I think this expects a lot of someone who for the most part has been a teenager/young adult (and is only 30 years old now) throughout like many of us were too.

I think a sibling relationship is always going to be super complicated and it's not necessarily as straightforward as people want to believe. I do feel as though it would have been good for Jamie Lynn to file some kind of petition, but:

1. she may not have known the extent of the situation in the first place,
  2. filing anything in court would make things very public, and it seems like Britney didn't want that until very recently, and
  3. couldn't the same thing be said for Felicia, Sam, David and all of other Britney's boyfriends, family and close friends? I'm not sure why people are specifically targeting Jamie Lynn here.

It seems pretty clear that Britney has it out for her dad right now (and rightly so), but until I hear any names specifically from Britney's mouth I really don't think it's appropriate to be going on some kind of witch hunt.

The irony isn't lost on me that people on social media are trying to destroy Jamie Lynn right now while criticising the way mainstream media tried to destroy Britney in 2008 :roll: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I think a sibling relationship is always going to be super complicated and it's not necessarily as straightforward as people want to believe. I do feel as though it would have been good for Jamie Lynn to file some kind of petition, but:

1. she may not have known the extent of the situation in the first place,
  2. filing anything in court would make things very public, and it seems like Britney didn't want that until very recently, and
  3. couldn't the same thing be said for Felicia, Sam, David and all of other Britney's boyfriends, family and close friends? I'm not sure why people are specifically targeting Jamie Lynn here.

It seems pretty clear that Britney has it out for her dad right now (and rightly so), but until I hear any names specifically from Britney's mouth I really don't think it's appropriate to be going on some kind of witch hunt.

The irony isn't lost on me that people on social media are trying to destroy Jamie Lynn right now while criticising the way mainstream media tried to destroy Britney in 2008 :roll: 

fake crying does not lie though :/

I'm aware that things might be way more complicated than how they're reported, but it seems like everyone ( but Britney) is taking financial benefit out of this situation and her cry for help cannot be ignored. 

Jamie Lynn cannot be completely unaware of what's going on: she was designated as the one to benefit of Britney's wealth in case her sister should die. 

There's also an awful loads of flights paid with Britney's money, so it's weird she doesn't know what's going on in her family. 

Moreover comparing her sister's wish for freedom to 'going to the rainforest and have a zillion babies' is truly revolting. 

She surely doesn't deserve the backlash she's getting right now, but dry crying and most of the things she's saying in that video are unbearable. 

?

• Like 1

I haven't followed this whole saga unfortunately, but from the bits I have read, it seems a lot of people are unhappy that she hasn't been more outspoken about Britney's freedom...but that being said, we don't know how she's been handling things behind closed doors. Either way, it seems like she finally made a public video supporting her, so hopefully it's genuine!

• Like 1