Moonchild's Reworked Songs

Ice Prince

Hey! Well, as some of you know, I like to re-edit some songs when I don't like their original version (mostly with unreleased stuff). I've reworked a couple unfinished Charli XCX demos and have shared them here and there, so I decided to begin this thread just so these are all together in a single place.

The first thing I'll put here is a new version I created for Dua Lipa's "Not My Problem", from her Future Nostalgia reissue subtitled the Moonlight Edition. The original production is, well, not my thing, so I refreshed this with a cool mashup of an amazing type beat produced by Pacific (I wish my attempts were half this good, but I gave up and began searching for Dua type beats and found this gem), and I just put the vocals of the original song there. I think it sounds very Future Nostalgia-esque now, so here it is! Enjoy ;)

Dua Lipa - Not My Problem (Moonchild Version, prod. Pacific) [feat. JID]

I'll be posting more edits as I find them in my computer later on.

• YAAASSS 1

I love this edit of "Not My Problem"! tbh, I don't really like the album track, but this made it way groovier. :hail:

I'm not familiar with "Not My Vibe", but this edit sounds really good! I can't wait to hear snippets of your edits being tagged as "demos". Lmfao

• YAAASSS 1

9 hours ago, Cypher said:

I love this edit of "Not My Problem"! tbh, I don't really like the album track, but this made it way groovier. :hail:

I'm not familiar with "Not My Vibe", but this edit sounds really good! I can't wait to hear snippets of your edits being tagged as "demos". Lmfao

Thank you so much! Not My Vibe ended up being not my vibe as much after a few listens, I think I know why they scrapped them - but the song had potential to be something else. As for Not My Problem, I'm glad you liked it! I tried to produce it myself but my attempts of creating a great beat were really bad, so I gave up and decided to look for one in YouTube. That one really felt like it could fit, so I used it and the song came out cool 8) 

And yeah, I'm so worried about these edits being labelled as "demos" or "alternate" or "final" or whatever, but I guess if it happens I'll let dbree discuss about them and then go and tell em the truth :popcorn: :cackle: 

• LMAO 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lana Del Rey - Yosemite (Moonchild Version)

I truly love the original, but after listening to it for like a thousand times, I think the drums I'd love to hear in it are those from the Lust for Life Demo 3 / Max Martin demo. So I added them to the song and it sounds just as monotonous as the original (the drums play from beginning to end with no interruptions) but with a different vibe. More... like the Lust for Life scrapped song I imagined Yosemite would be. Anyways, Yosemite will always be in my top 10 of Lana's released songs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, Moonchild said:

Lana Del Rey - Yosemite (Moonchild Version)

I truly love the original, but after listening to it for like a thousand times, I think the drums I'd love to hear in it are those from the Lust for Life Demo 3 / Max Martin demo. So I added them to the song and it sounds just as monotonous as the original (the drums play from beginning to end with no interruptions) but with a different vibe. More... like the Lust for Life scrapped song I imagined Yosemite would be. Anyways, Yosemite will always be in my top 10 of Lana's released songs.

I just saw this one! It's absolutely beautiful :hail: Should be the official version for sure!

• YAAASSS 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lana Del Rey - Lust for Life (Moonchild Solo Edit)

Lana Del Rey - Summer Bummer (Moonchild Solo Edit)

Lana Del Rey - Groupie Love (Moonchild Solo Edit)

Lana Del Rey - Roses Bloom for You

I can't stand the fact that we only have a (LQ) snippet of RBFY, so I decided to clean the vocals from the snippet, mix them with a beautiful harp RBFY instrumental I found on YouTube (this one) and hey, at least it sounds like an intro to the album or something (like it was supposed to be).

And also, a little solo edit I did for Summer Bummer, Lust for Life, and Groupie Love. Hope you enjoy these!

Edited by Moonchild
  • YAAASSS 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 11:47 PM, Moonchild said:

New reworked song!

Ava Max - OMG What's Happening (Moonchild Edit)

The original bridge is horrendous, so I changed it. Also, I added a cute intro because the song came in straight in the first second, so this was the result.

Just saw this. Thank you for making it! Totally agree with you about the original bridge.

• YAAASSS 1