Paris Hilton's YouTube documentary : This is Paris

P A R I S

1 hour ago, Skinny Legend said:

I hear what you're saying, but if you didn't watch past that last point you definitely missed out on the most interesting (and surprising) part of the documentary. I'd recommend everyone skipping to around 1:10:01 of the film and just watching from there even if you can't be bothered with the first half, which to me while it had some interesting points was mostly more of the same we've heard from Paris over the past few years. Definitely worth the watch imo but I understand if you're bored with the whole thing by now!

I'll have to give it another shot from that point tomorrow! I can only take so much in one day. :lol:

• Like 1

All right, I finally got to the "kidnap/boarding school" bit. Let's be honest, if her parents told her she was being sent to boarding school, do you really think she would've stayed home and have gone willingly? Because of her entitled behaviour, she really didn't give her parents too many options. That being said, her parents also weren't very well equipped with dealing with Paris' entitlement, which may have stemmed from the parents themselves.

As for the treatment in the boarding school, yeah solitary confinement sucks, but she also put herself in there based on her actions. She keeps playing the victim when in fact, she got herself into this situation. I really don't get how I'm supposed to sympathize with her when it was her own decisions and actions that led to this consequence. Just because you're white and rich, doesn't mean you're above society rules and standards, but it seems some people don't get that. And before any hardknocks me at Paris being a woman, my opinion stands true for men as well. If a man acted the same way she did and went through the same thing, I still wouldn't sympathize with him because it's the actions of one's self that drives these consequences.

By the end of the documentary, I still think she's a great business woman and knows how to work the media, but I don't feel sympathy for anything she went through. The melodrama isn't document worthy and the "exposé" of her time at boarding school is just her playing the victim, which was largely self-induced. I would have much rather watched a documentary about how she built her empire because then we would get a chance to see her working hard to earn what she's achieved, which is how the documentary starts. Why tf is she famous? I still don't know why tf she's famous.

15 hours ago, Cypher said:

All right, I finally got to the "kidnap/boarding school" bit. Let's be honest, if her parents told her she was being sent to boarding school, do you really think she would've stayed home and have gone willingly? Because of her entitled behaviour, she really didn't give her parents too many options. That being said, her parents also weren't very well equipped with dealing with Paris' entitlement, which may have stemmed from the parents themselves.

As for the treatment in the boarding school, yeah solitary confinement sucks, but she also put herself in there based on her actions. She keeps playing the victim when in fact, she got herself into this situation. I really don't get how I'm supposed to sympathize with her when it was her own decisions and actions that led to this consequence. Just because you're white and rich, doesn't mean you're above society rules and standards, but it seems some people don't get that. And before any hardknocks me at Paris being a woman, my opinion stands true for men as well. If a man acted the same way she did and went through the same thing, I still wouldn't sympathize with him because it's the actions of one's self that drives these consequences.

By the end of the documentary, I still think she's a great business woman and knows how to work the media, but I don't feel sympathy for anything she went through. The melodrama isn't document worthy and the "exposé" of her time at boarding school is just her playing the victim, which was largely self-induced. I would have much rather watched a documentary about how she built her empire because then we would get a chance to see her working hard to earn what she's achieved, which is how the documentary starts. Why tf is she famous? I still don't know why tf she's famous.

Britney Spears Ugh GIF

Oh girl...I love you but I think you're way off the mark with this one. Justifying an underaged girl getting literally kidnapped from their home, isolated and put in solitary confinement for days, monitored as they shower by a grown man and being strangled and physically abused with "Well, it was self-induced" ain't right at all imo. None of those things should ever happen to any child full stop, let alone by an organisation paid to do it by negligent parents.

• LMAO 1

7 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Britney Spears Ugh GIF

Oh girl...I love you but I think you're way off the mark with this one. Justifying an underaged girl getting literally kidnapped from their home, isolated and put in solitary confinement for days, monitored as they shower by a grown man and being strangled and physically abused with "Well, it was self-induced" ain't right at all imo. None of those things should ever happen to any child full stop, let alone by an organisation paid to do it by negligent parents.

I don't necessarily agree with all the treatment she received, especially the parts with grown men is too much and wildly unchecked. The part that's self-induced is her behaviour prior. On a personal level, I didn't act out the way she did, so my parents never considered sending me to boarding school or any other type of correctional facility. I do know someone close to me that did. She was sent to a therapeutic boot camp in the desert where she had to go through some pretty physically strenuous activity. Luckily she didn't have to deal with any questionable behaviour by staff. After, she said it was one of the toughest times of her life, feeling isolated and alone, but she also speaks of emerging grown and now has a better understanding of how to reach kids in today's society who are going through a similar mindset to her when she was a kid. She now teaches parents how to be better equipped to deal with their kids so that these new parents don't have to resort to boarding school.

Point of my logic: There's blame to be placed on both sides, but the perspective of the outcome is where my respect lies. To me, this whole documentary is trying to build sympathy, but in my friend's case, she builds respect from her experiences. That's why I wish she went more into how those experience drove her to chase and achieve her dream. From what I can understand, she chased her dream simply because she likes to earn money. I think it's explicitly stated at least twice.

Edited by Cypher

59 minutes ago, illusion said:

Thanks God, my parents are not as strict as @Cypher :lol:

I don't think my parents were actually that strict. I held extremely high standards for myself growing up, so if anything, I have self-induced pressure towards success. But I guess that's why I don't relate to Paris' story. As a kid, I always used logic to explain my stance or dreams. I would have long-term plans drawn out so my parents couldn't disagree with my ideas. :lol: