Edward Porter - Not Ready for Life (Full Album)

Hello! So this is quite embarrassing as I have never liked showing off my work, but here we are. This is my debut album, titled Not Ready for Life, which I released on SoundCloud last month. It is 100% made by me: I created the beats, wrote the tracks, recorded the vocals, mixed the audio, designed the cover, etc. It took me around two years since the beginning of the project (the first lyrics I intended for it were written on January 3, 2018, and they are from the song "It Will Rain"), and recorded it from October 2019 to April 2020. I recorded it in quite random places - my bedroom, an empty classroom, even my car - and I know pretty much nothing about voice control and stuff. So yeah, it sounds pretty bad but I'm happy I finally put it out. I've been working on more things - not because they're good, but for fun only.

I would like to know what do y'all think about this, regardless I have mixed to negative feelings about the project. :awkwardney:

Here is the link to the playlist: 

Well it's understandable you have mixed feelings about it. It's your own work for one thing, and no one's first ever project is gonna be amazing!

But for what it's worth I think you're off to a great start! I'm really impressed with your production. A lot of it sounds just as good as some of the JoJo or Lana demos that have leaked. :cackle: I think your songwriting is good too!

'Days of Freedom' is probably my favourite song. The production is really well done and I think the chorus is that perfect mix of catchy and meaningful. I can definitely hear someone jumping on this and making it a hit!

I say keep up the good work boo! <3 I feel like you're gonna sound great as soon as you get control over your voice and we figure out how to master vocals together! Keep working at it and you'll go far! <3 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

Well it's understandable you have mixed feelings about it. It's your own work for one thing, and no one's first ever project is gonna be amazing!

But for what it's worth I think you're off to a great start! I'm really impressed with your production. A lot of it sounds just as good as some of the JoJo or Lana demos that have leaked. :cackle: I think your songwriting is good too!

'Days of Freedom' is probably my favourite song. The production is really well done and I think the chorus is that perfect mix of catchy and meaningful. I can definitely hear someone jumping on this and making it a hit!

I say keep up the good work boo! <3 I feel like you're gonna sound great as soon as you get control over your voice and we figure out how to master vocals together! Keep working at it and you'll go far! <3 

Thank you so much for your feedback! "Last Days of Freedom" is possibly one of my favourites off the album, too. I'll manage to get some courses online or something about the voice, 'cause I actually enjoy the whole process. And if I learn something cool about mastering, I'll let you know!

• YAAASSS 1