Queen Hilary Duff gets a "Younger" Spinoff

mxtt

I almost dropped seeing this today.

Not only did the Lizzie McGuire cast do a reunion table read of the Bra and a Hard Place ep, but it was announced today that a Younger spinoff focused on Hilary's character Kelsey is in the works. I'm floored. 2021 is going to be 2003 all over again and I'm here for it.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/younger-spinoff-starring-hilary-duff-in-works-darren-starr-sutton-foster-1202930088/

Fyi if you haven't seen Younger we're not friends until you do

Edited by mxtt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mxtt said:

I almost dropped seeing this today.

Not only did the Lizzie McGuire cast do a reunion table read of the Bra and a Hard Place ep, but it was announced today that a Younger spinoff focused on Hilary's character Kelsey is in the works. I'm floored. 2021 is going to be 2003 all over again and I'm here for it.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/younger-spinoff-starring-hilary-duff-in-works-darren-starr-sutton-foster-1202930088/

Fyi if you haven't seen Younger we're not friends until you do

Truth be told, I do have a few seasons to catch up on, but this is definitely fun news! 

I only watched the first season of Younger...It was fun and I was obviously loving seeing Hilary on TV, but it was never a must-watch to me. And honestly as much as I like Hilary I didn't see her character being interesting enough for me to tune into a whole show about her.

What does this mean for Lizzie McGuire though? Is Hilary gonna be starring in two different shows about a young girl trying to make her way in New York? I can't imagine the networks would like that...I wonder if Lizzie is officially dead in the water? :( 

6 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I only watched the first season of Younger...It was fun and I was obviously loving seeing Hilary on TV, but it was never a must-watch to me. And honestly as much as I like Hilary I didn't see her character being interesting enough for me to tune into a whole show about her.

What does this mean for Lizzie McGuire though? Is Hilary gonna be starring in two different shows about a young girl trying to make her way in New York? I can't imagine the networks would like that...I wonder if Lizzie is officially dead in the water? :( 

Lizzie is not dead in the water! They just did a table read on Instagram for an old story - she's still talking about what she wants to do moving forward. I think there's still possibility but tbh I don't want a show like Girl Meets World or Raven's Home, I agree that this sort of feels like a good fall back plan.

Lizzie will focus on 30 year old Lizzie going back home after living in New York as an interior designer and finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her. Kelsey Peters lives in New York as (what I assume will be) her publisher/editor story, she's already made it big, they are very similar lol. At the end of the day, Hilary is best at just being Hilary. I think that's why things like Sharon Tate was such a flop.

You def need to get into Younger! It only gets better every season. Push yourself into Season 2 and I feel like you'd like it!

8 hours ago, 365MM said:

Truth be told, I do have a few seasons to catch up on, but this is definitely fun news! 

It's so good as the seasons go on! You should continue it : )

Edited by mxtt

2 hours ago, mxtt said:

Lizzie is not dead in the water! They just did a table read on Instagram for an old story - she's still talking about what she wants to do moving forward. I think there's still possibility but tbh I don't want a show like Girl Meets World or Raven's Home, I agree that this sort of feels like a good fall back plan.

Lizzie will focus on 30 year old Lizzie going back home after living in New York as an interior designer and finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her. Kelsey Peters lives in New York as (what I assume will be) her publisher/editor story, she's already made it big, they are very similar lol. At the end of the day, Hilary is best at just being Hilary. I think that's why things like Sharon Tate was such a flop.

You def need to get into Younger! It only gets better every season. Push yourself into Season 2 and I feel like you'd like it!

I saw the table read! It was so sweet and nostalgic and I'm so happy that everyone seems to be on good terms. AFAIK they never confirmed Lalaine for the reboot so it was nice to see her there and getting along with everyone else.

I agree with you tho...I loved TSR but Raven's Home was a big disappointment to me. I definitely don't want a show that's all about younger characters with Lizzie just there as a side character. I'm just hoping at this point they hurry up and move it to Hulu so Lizzie can get the airtime she d eserves!

I'll definitely get back into Younger at some point. Honestly I'm just waiting for it to end so that I can binge it all in one go - but if Hilary's getting a spin-off maybe it will be ending sooner rather than later?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

I saw the table read! It was so sweet and nostalgic and I'm so happy that everyone seems to be on good terms. AFAIK they never confirmed Lalaine for the reboot so it was nice to see her there and getting along with everyone else.

I agree with you tho...I loved TSR but Raven's Home was a big disappointment to me. I definitely don't want a show that's all about younger characters with Lizzie just there as a side character. I'm just hoping at this point they hurry up and move it to Hulu so Lizzie can get the airtime she d eserves!

I'll definitely get back into Younger at some point. Honestly I'm just waiting for it to end so that I can binge it all in one go - but if Hilary's getting a spin-off maybe it will be ending sooner rather than later?

I know! It was amazing. I remember Lalaine had a backlash for a while toward Disney because she said they hid the other side of her culture and wouldn't let her act on it, they made her stay fully Mexican. Personally I never understood her point because Miranda was a Mexican character, it wasn't based around Lalaine herself. So when the first reboot started filming she was never mentioned. Somewhere in the mix of talks including Hulu, she was added to the imdb page, so I'm hoping that means she's been roped in on Round 2.

Hilary seems to be fighting for what we want, she also doesn't want some cookie cutter Disney show, so I hope she's able to stand by us and do it right without getting choked or forced by a contract.

I think Younger is ending soon! It must be given where the stories gotten too. I'd say it'll probably end after Season 7 or 8, and that's when they'll focus on Kelsey. The show seems to be coming to its finale. I literally just deleted my Google Drive full of every season in 720p HEVC the other day too. Agh. If anyone ever needs I can work on that again (also a tv show hoarder).

I've been watching Younger since its premier and while the premiss has certainly run its course I commend the show for creating characters that are complex and worthy of their own spin-offs. I love Kelsey's character and would definitely enjoy watching a Younger spin-off with Hilary as the lead!

2 hours ago, mxtt said:

I know! It was amazing. I remember Lalaine had a backlash for a while toward Disney because she said they hid the other side of her culture and wouldn't let her act on it, they made her stay fully Mexican. Personally I never understood her point because Miranda was a Mexican character, it wasn't based around Lalaine herself. So when the first reboot started filming she was never mentioned. Somewhere in the mix of talks including Hulu, she was added to the imdb page, so I'm hoping that means she's been roped in on Round 2.

Hilary seems to be fighting for what we want, she also doesn't want some cookie cutter Disney show, so I hope she's able to stand by us and do it right without getting choked or forced by a contract.

I think Younger is ending soon! It must be given where the stories gotten too. I'd say it'll probably end after Season 7 or 8, and that's when they'll focus on Kelsey. The show seems to be coming to its finale. I literally just deleted my Google Drive full of every season in 720p HEVC the other day too. Agh. If anyone ever needs I can work on that again (also a tv show hoarder).

I felt the same way! At the end of the day she was playing a character, so whatever her own heritage is is kind of irrelevant...Didn't she also have a DUI or a rehab visit at some point? I can see why Disney wanted to part ways with her. Either way I hope she comes back if they continue with the reboot. As much as I loved the film it wasn't quite the same without Miranda being there. :( 

When and if Younger finally does end I'll definitely get back into it. Even if just for that sexy Nico Tortilla! ;) 

• YAAASSS 1

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I felt the same way! At the end of the day she was playing a character, so whatever her own heritage is is kind of irrelevant...Didn't she also have a DUI or a rehab visit at some point? I can see why Disney wanted to part ways with her. Either way I hope she comes back if they continue with the reboot. As much as I loved the film it wasn't quite the same without Miranda being there. :( 

When and if Younger finally does end I'll definitely get back into it. Even if just for that sexy Nico Tortilla! ;) 

Oh goodness probably lol. No one takes the cake for fucking up their opportunity like Orlando Brown tho (Eddie from Thats So Raven). What a wreck lol

I hope she comes back!! Near the final volume of Lizzie, that whole “Miranda’s with her parents in Mexico” that lead up to the movie was so heartbreaking!! We need Miranda

Good call! He's a justified reason.

5 hours ago, mxtt said:

Oh goodness probably lol. No one takes the cake for fucking up their opportunity like Orlando Brown tho (Eddie from Thats So Raven). What a wreck lol

I hope she comes back!! Near the final volume of Lizzie, that whole “Miranda’s with her parents in Mexico” that lead up to the movie was so heartbreaking!! We need Miranda

Good call! He's a justified reason.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! The film kind of worked without her because they made Kate a main character, but in the series I feel like Miranda was really missed in those last few episodes.

As for Orlando, I literally saw a video of him a few days ago living on the streets and being harassed by some random guy... :yeah: It's really sad what's happened to him. I hope he finds health and happiness. :( 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! The film kind of worked without her because they made Kate a main character, but in the series I feel like Miranda was really missed in those last few episodes.

As for Orlando, I literally saw a video of him a few days ago living on the streets and being harassed by some random guy... :yeah: It's really sad what's happened to him. I hope he finds health and happiness. :( 

As much as I love Miranda, I loved Kate as a main character In the movie tbh it worked really well.

Oh no I forgot about that!! Is that the one with his luggage and they’re yelling something about being on Disney channel? Like damn, kick someone when they’ve BEEN down. I do feel for anyone in his situation, health wise.

5 hours ago, mxtt said:

As much as I love Miranda, I loved Kate as a main character In the movie tbh it worked really well.

Oh no I forgot about that!! Is that the one with his luggage and they’re yelling something about being on Disney channel? Like damn, kick someone when they’ve BEEN down. I do feel for anyone in his situation, health wise.

I think so! Honestly I didn't even turn the sound on because I just didn't even wanna contribute to that messiness. But it was sad to see him that way. :( I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Sad 1