Coronavirus Support Thread

Main Pop Girl

So I feel like everyone has been thinking about this a lot and talking about it in other threads, but I wanted to make a proper thread where we can all talk about how we're doing with the coronavirus situation at the moment.

For me personally, I'm currently in America at the moment but I've booked a ticket back to Australia for this Sunday. That way I'll be able to stay with my family and if something does go wrong I feel the healthcare will be better quality. Still, the past week I've been trying to stay indoors and it's been a little depressing and lonely. Thank god for websites like PHF where I can talk to you guys and keep myself busy!

How about you guys? Are you staying indoors and self-isolating? Do you or your friends have any symptoms? No matter what's happening for y'all at the moment I want to wish you the best and send love and health your way. Look after yourselves! <3 

I am living my life like I always have.  Yes.  I am taking certain precautions.  But I am not going to let fear rule how I live my life.  I am going to work everyday until told otherwise.  I go the grocery store when I need to.  Yes, I have stocked up on some of the essentials.  You should do that anyways, not just in a time of panic or crises.  If there was a movie at the theater I wanted to watch, I would go to that as well.  At least until or if they choose to close them down.  I touch my face.  I have a beard and sometimes it itches.  The one thing I am doing differently, is, that when I meet someone, whether a friend or someone for the first time, I let them choose how they want to be greeted.  If you reach out to shake my hand, I will shake it.  If you choose to fist bump, or elbow bump, so be it.  If you want to do the ankle dance.  Let's do it.   

Stay calm and know, that we will get through this.  Remember we got through the H1N1 virus as well.  And a lot more people died from that in a shorter period of time.  A thousand people alone in the U.S. died before they even declared it an emergency.  I believe overall world wide, we are way ahead of the game on this one.  Is it going to be easy?  No way.  Should we panic?  That will only make things worse.  Have you seen the videos of people fighting over T.P?  

Again.  Stay calm. Go about your lives - with precautions of course.  Take care of your family and friends the best way you can.  We humans can be extremely nasty and vicious to each other at times. But we can also be the most compassionate and generous people when the time arises.   And this is one of those times.  I guess what I am saying is, to just be here for each other in any capacity we can.  Check on your elderly neighbors, even if you not know them that well, or at all for that matter.  They are the most vulnerable.  If you have the means, go to the grocery store for them.  Bring them a meal. Hell, just go sit and talk to them and see how they are doing? 

Let's stick together during this time and we will be fine.  I am here for anyone that just needs someone to talk to. Or just vent.  My PM is always open.  Love to you all here at PHF. 

All i'm doing is im home all day my mom does not allow me to go out even tho i'm 27 she does not allow me to go to see my boyfriend( she thinks he is my Best friend) but anywyas no work no anything i'm enjoying life tbh all i need is my baby right by my side 

• LMAO 1

4 hours ago, VEENX said:

i been eating all day help :fishie:

Sis, you and me both. :yeah: Before I booked my ticket back home I stocked up on soooo much food and now I have to eat it all by Sunday... :'( 

3 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I am living my life like I always have.  Yes.  I am taking certain precautions.  But I am not going to let fear rule how I live my life.  I am going to work everyday until told otherwise.  I go the grocery store when I need to.  Yes, I have stocked up on some of the essentials.  You should do that anyways, not just in a time of panic or crises.  If there was a movie at the theater I wanted to watch, I would go to that as well.  At least until or if they choose to close them down.  I touch my face.  I have a beard and sometimes it itches.  The one thing I am doing differently, is, that when I meet someone, whether a friend or someone for the first time, I let them choose how they want to be greeted.  If you reach out to shake my hand, I will shake it.  If you choose to fist bump, or elbow bump, so be it.  If you want to do the ankle dance.  Let's do it.   

Stay calm and know, that we will get through this.  Remember we got through the H1N1 virus as well.  And a lot more people died from that in a shorter period of time.  A thousand people alone in the U.S. died before they even declared it an emergency.  I believe overall world wide, we are way ahead of the game on this one.  Is it going to be easy?  No way.  Should we panic?  That will only make things worse.  Have you seen the videos of people fighting over T.P?  

Again.  Stay calm. Go about your lives - with precautions of course.  Take care of your family and friends the best way you can.  We humans can be extremely nasty and vicious to each other at times. But we can also be the most compassionate and generous people when the time arises.   And this is one of those times.  I guess what I am saying is, to just be here for each other in any capacity we can.  Check on your elderly neighbors, even if you not know them that well, or at all for that matter.  They are the most vulnerable.  If you have the means, go to the grocery store for them.  Bring them a meal. Hell, just go sit and talk to them and see how they are doing? 

Let's stick together during this time and we will be fine.  I am here for anyone that just needs someone to talk to. Or just vent.  My PM is always open.  Love to you all here at PHF. 

Not sure about what state or area you're in, but where I live in LA they have indeed shut down movie theatres as of Monday, and all other non-essential travel outside of your house as of a few hours ago. :( But I agree that we all need to try out best to stay calm and not get too paranoid. Fingers crossed it will all be over soon!

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

25 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

Sis, you and me both. :yeah: Before I booked my ticket back home I stocked up on soooo much food and now I have to eat it all by Sunday... :'( 

Not sure about what state or area you're in, but where I live in LA they have indeed shut down movie theatres as of Monday, and all other non-essential travel outside of your house as of a few hours ago. :( But I agree that we all need to try out best to stay calm and not get too paranoid. Fingers crossed it will all be over soon!

I do anticipate them doing that sometime soon as well. There are some places shutting down or limiting the hours they are open on their own.  But I have not seen a more comprehensive shut down or limited operation except for restaurants and Govt. buildings.   Where I work there is talk of changing the hours we are open every day.  But I do not anticipate us closing permanently.  The types of stuff we sell could be considered somewhat essential to peoples everyday lives.  (No. not a grocery store).  My saving grace is that I am a full time employee, so I don't think my hours would be cut.  It is more than likely going to effect the part timers at first.  Unless it does get much worse, and the Govt. dictates that we must close our doors on a temporarily permanent basis. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shew lord the damn Rona. We just had 6 confirmed cases in this hick ass tiny town, two were doctors at the local medical center too. Freaks me out a bit working at a gas station in town. So of course were an 'essential' business. Working in the public is stressful enough but currently panic inducing.

I hope everyone is staying safe!

Work From Home Health GIF by Joan Kamberaj

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 11:45 PM, Speedy said:

Grinder ? :awkwardney:

Her career has really gone downhill since 'Boom Clap'... :cackle: 

On 4/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, Savages said:

Shew lord the damn Rona. We just had 6 confirmed cases in this hick ass tiny town, two were doctors at the local medical center too. Freaks me out a bit working at a gas station in town. So of course were an 'essential' business. Working in the public is stressful enough but currently panic inducing.

I hope everyone is staying safe!

Work From Home Health GIF by Joan Kamberaj

Awww no baby, I'm sorry to hear that! :( You're being super brave continuing at work, I dunno if I would keep going just to give those rednecks their gas and beef jerky. :cackle: I hope you and the rest of your family and friends stay safe. <3 Look after yourself!