Ellen Calls on The Academy to Rehire Kevin Hart

Has anyone been keeping up with this Kevin Hart mess? :stretcher: 

Late last year he was exposed for some really gross homophobic Tweets that he made years ago.

DtreQyUW4AcosDT.jpg

He said that he'd apologised for the tweets multiple times, but people still didn't wanna see him as the host for 2019's Academy Awards. The Academy asked him to apologise and he refused, although he eventually did apologise when he quit the job following all the backlash.

Kevin-Hart-steps-down-as-Oscars-host-twe

Now he's appeared on Ellen to talk about the job and reiterate that he doesn't want to attend this year's awards. However, Ellen has revealed that she called the Academy to ask them to rehire him for the job.

Personally, I've watched a few of his movies and while I've never seen any homophobia in them I have seen a lot of misogyny and I don't think there's anything clever about his style of comedy. With that said, I don't think that the tweets he made years ago and apologised for should be used against him at this stage, and if the Academy was dumb enough to give him the job in the first place they should stick with their decision.

What do y'all think about the mess? Should he get a second chance or not?

On 1/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, Cypher said:

This is basically what happened to James Gunn. Someone somewhere has a smear campaign bone to pick.

The sad thing is I don't even think anyone does... :stretcher: I would have more interest in this if it was some retaliation campaign from a disgruntled ex-partner, but I think this is just stupid kids on Twitter creating drama so that they can have something to do in their mediocre lifes.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:22 AM, Volcanion said:

I don't see why everyone's making SUCH a big deal out of it.

If he doesn't want to do it or thinks he shouldn't as "reparations to the gay community" or whatever, then so be it. Ellen needs to chill sometimes...

He's definitely milking it for all his worth, but I can't blame him for taking some negative publicity and making it a positive. He's one of the lucky ones for getting through this outrage culture unscathed!

• Sad 1