Qveen Herby - The Rebirth Of A Flop Gal

Hanelts

(Not sure if this is the right section, don't yell at me if it is my inactive ass is still learning :stretcher:)

So I'm gonna go ahead and assume you've heard of the flop duo known as Karmin, creator of the eternal bop Brokenhearted and personal bane of my existence Acapella (:idkher:).

After being signed to Epic and making "swag-pop" (:stretcher:) for 3 years, only releasing an EP and an almost universally shat on album which deserves so much better, they decided it was time to break free from the confines of label-dictated, family-friendly pop music to make what they've always wanted to make... more pop music. :flush:.

Leo Rising was a great album, but it was a long, messy struggle from conception to the final release, with a list of broken promises beginning to rival Gags herself's list (Leo Rising Movie :fishie: The Ransom Note :fishie: Can't Live music video :fishie: Karmin Covers Vol. 2 :fishie: a damn tour for the album :fishie: ). After messy era of bops, it seemed like it was time to take a step back and have a long hard think about priorities: namely, what type of music to make, how to present themselves, and most likely how to shove Nick further into the background :cypher:. The result?

Qveen Herby.

With 8 songs released in the first 4 months, she's really been on the creative grind which is more than I can say for my other flop queens (We're waiting Carly, where's Emotion Side C, D, E, F & G? :vacuum:) From the fast-paced bars of Busta Rhymes to launching a clothing store, from an extremely one-sided almost-feud between her and Azalia to the stanning of CupcakKe , this era of Amy & Nick Noonan has already proved to be one full of bops and promise.

Now listen to her new track Wifey + the good sis Busta Rhymes below & stan ha before I come for your faves :die: (don't drag me I'm tryna not be inactive for once)

Hated Karmin except for that Pulses album (if that was the title) hated Leo Rising then Queen Herby appeared, I love the music but the way she started acting and the way she looks now just makes me cringe.. Just release the music without videos for the sake of your own career

On 10/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, choke said:

Hated Karmin except for that Pulses album (if that was the title) hated Leo Rising then Queen Herby appeared, I love the music but the way she started acting and the way she looks now just makes me cringe.. Just release the music without videos for the sake of your own career

The way she acts can seem very... artificial sometimes :stretcher: but at the same time I guess the videos are part of the whole Qveen Herby experience, hopefully once she gains her footing a bit things will seem more natural :magic:

• 2 weeks later...

I used to stan Karmin since their Hello EP which I still listen to nowadays, Pulses was one of my fav album of 2014 and Leo Rising was an okay album but with very great tracks in it such as Blame It On the Heart. Their song Yesterday is also a personal favourite and it deserved better :yeah: A shame that they disbanded(?) because I'm not feeling that Qveen Herby thing at all. The music is bad and Amy's attitude is so annoying.

I really love the new music tbh

9 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

I used to stan Karmin since their Hello EP which I still listen to nowadays, Pulses was one of my fav album of 2014 and Leo Rising was an okay album but with very great tracks in it such as Blame It On the Heart. Their song Yesterday is also a personal favourite and it deserved better :yeah: A shame that they disbanded(?) because I'm not feeling that Qveen Herby thing at all. The music is bad and Amy's attitude is so annoying.

i thought they didnt disband, he just works behind the scenes

10 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Yesterday was ROBBED and should've been at least a bonus track :yeah:

1 hour ago, ultraflop said:

I really love the new music tbh

i thought they didnt disband, he just works behind the scenes

^this, he's just producing the tracks now (which isn't much different than Leo Rising, just this time he isn't on backing vocals :stretcher: #BringNickBack2k18)

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, sterekhoe said:

Leo Rising was their best material imo, but yeah, they took so long to release it that 90% of the album had leaked a year before (not final mixes, but still).

Did it really leak a year before the release? :wut: I'm curious to hear the demo versions!

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, nanapop99 said:

Did it really leak a year before the release? :wut: I'm curious to hear the demo versions!

it did bahaha, they're not exactly demos, just earlier mixes - some of them are not that much different, less effects applied to the guitars, no mastering, email me or dm me somewhere other than here and I'll get you a link? i don't check stuff here really often

• Like 1