Gossip Girl Reboot In The Works?

Main Pop Girl

gossip-girl-stills-show-characters.png 

Dust off your headbands Upper East Siders and head immediately to the steps of The Met. Why? Because Manhattan’s elite are making their return.

That’s right, it’s 10 years since Gossip Girl premiered, and in the wake of the recent anniversary, NW has learnt that the show’s creators are just days away from announcing that they’re bringing the show back.

"It’s just a question of dotting the ‘i’s and crossing the ‘t’s, then it’ll be all systems go," confirms the industry insider.

"The plot is all worked out, though. It’ll be a jump forward in time, factoring in where the show ended, and then fast-forwarding to where the characters are and what they’re doing now."

Like the upcoming Will & Grace revival, the GG reboot will ignore some of the major finale moments – namely the revelation that Dan Humphrey (played by Penn Badgley) is Gossip Girl.

"For storyline purposes, it works better to have Gossip Girl go back to being anonymous," explains the insider.

As for the show’s breakout star?

Blake Lively, who played Serena van der Woodsen, was one of the first to sign on, having admitted earlier this year that she’s totally up for a reboot.

"[It] would be fun," she told E! News.

Her on-screen BFF Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) is set to return, though the actress isn’t that thrilled about sharing the set with Blake again.

Producer Joshua Safran told Vanity Fair in August that while Serena and Blair were besties, Blake and Leighton "were not friends". In fact the pair haven’t been spotted with each other since they filmed the finale episode five years ago!

Josh also revealed that while Blake was "very much in the moment", in terms of cultural happenings and the hottest places to go in New York, Leighton was “very removed and very quiet”.

It’s because of this clash of personalities that Leighton, 31, has "been back and forth a bunch of times about committing", says the insider. "She can’t stand Blake and hated having to play second fiddle to her and her ego," the source adds. Ouch!

Not 100% sure this is a reliable source (the gossipy moment at the end seems to imply it's not) but I'd be totally here for this! Sadly I can't actually see the main cast members coming back...Blake is busy being a mum, Leighton is more focused on indie films and music and I don't think Penn was ever really interested in the show. Fingers crossed though!

On 06/10/2017 at 1:08 AM, Ruthless Love said:

Sorry, but I hope not. I'm over the reboot concept, especially on shows I didn't like in the first place.

tenor.gif

You better find GGesus!

On 06/10/2017 at 8:45 AM, Capsule said:

Gossip Girl is one of my all-time favorite shows, I'm here for a reboot if they can do it right. Especially if it means Dan isn't fucking Gossip Girl.

Am I the only one who liked Dan as Gossip Girl? :stretcher: I mean it wasn't perfect but I don't think any of the main characters would have been...

5 hours ago, Countess said:

Am I the only one who liked Dan as Gossip Girl? :stretcher: I mean it wasn't perfect but I don't think any of the main characters would have been...

oh god no, i loved it. i think moreso cos we share the same name over anything, but i do like me some Penn. although the hottest would be Chase Crawford (Nate)

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Sorry hun, but there is only one "GGesus" for me!

giphy.gif

never seen Golden Girls.

also Nova (the radio in Syd) posted it on they're website, i'd love to see how true this rumor is cos im living for it if it's true.

5 hours ago, Countess said:

tenor.gif

You better find GGesus!

I mean, I don't really mind him being GG at this point, I'm so used to it by now. But it really didn't make any sense, especially with all the things that prove it was impossible to be him. Like in season one when he lost his phone or whatever and was using an old ass Nokia. They really want us to believe he was posting tea to the site on a phone that literally all you can do on is call and play Snake?????????????

On 10/9/2017 at 11:25 PM, Ruthless Love said:

Sorry hun, but there is only one "GGesus" for me!

giphy.gif

I can't blame you for that. ;) Although if you'd chosen Gilmore Girls I would definitely have judged you for your choice!

On 10/10/2017 at 1:22 AM, hounderawr said:

oh god no, i loved it. i think moreso cos we share the same name over anything, but i do like me some Penn. although the hottest would be Chase Crawford (Nate)

never seen Golden Girls.

Penn is a cutie, even if it seemed like he and Taylor never really wanted to be on the show in the first place. :P And I'm definitely with on on Chace being the hottest! I never got the hype around Ed tbh. :/ 

On 10/10/2017 at 2:12 AM, Capsule said:

I mean, I don't really mind him being GG at this point, I'm so used to it by now. But it really didn't make any sense, especially with all the things that prove it was impossible to be him. Like in season one when he lost his phone or whatever and was using an old ass Nokia. They really want us to believe he was posting tea to the site on a phone that literally all you can do on is call and play Snake?????????????

:cackle: Fair point. But everything can be explained away by things like, "Oh, he had a hidden phone" or "Oh, he had someone helping him" or "He just scheduled posts to go up whenever he was out so no one would suspect him". :stretcher: There's an excuse for everything when it comes to Dan, except that messy haircut in season one!

20 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Not going to lie, I never got into Gilmore Girls. It just was not my kind of show, honestly. The Golden Girls is tip-top. I watch every morning!

Honestly, I tried so hard to get into Gilmore Girls and I watched like three seasons, but I just find it sooooo cringey and like annoyingly conservative. :vacuum:The Golden Girls is iconic though, for a 90s TV show about pensioners they really pushed the envelope! <3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countess said:

Honestly, I tried so hard to get into Gilmore Girls and I watched like three seasons, but I just find it sooooo cringey and like annoyingly conservative. :vacuum:The Golden Girls is iconic though, for a 90s TV show about pensioners they really pushed the envelope! <3

I watched the first episode and that was it. Tried the Netflix reboot and within 10 minutes I was done again! Haha. The Golden GirlsRoseanne and Friends are my OTP top three comedies from back in the hayday!

On 13/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, Ruthless Love said:

I watched the first episode and that was it. Tried the Netflix reboot and within 10 minutes I was done again! Haha. The Golden GirlsRoseanne and Friends are my OTP top three comedies from back in the hayday!

I didn't even start on the reboot, I didn't wanna spoil it for myself and everyone I knew who watched it said it wasn't as good as the original so I know it must have really been bad... :stretcher: I've never watched Roseanne but it's definitely on my list! Friends on the other hand I find to be super overrated, I don't hate it but I don't find it as funny as shows like The Nanny or I Dream of Jeannie. :P